• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Question about online mode: Input LAg

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Now, after some days....can someone who has played extensively online mode within Japan and beyond....tell me how bad is the input lag in this game?.

I dont mind about lag spkies because that will always happen.... but how bad in the input lag this time compared to brawl?

Renji64

Smash Lord
I heard the lag is very minor and it is pretty smooth online. It might be different when more players have the game.

Biinii

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing with a friend from my city and there's 40ms tops of latency. No apparent input lag I guess.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
The huge amount of input lag and 2 minute time limits were what kept me from playing Brawl online for long, so I'm seriously hoping it's fixed for this game.

Karonax

Zen Blue Warrior
NNID
Karonax
3DS FC
1633-4179-2591
I've noticed maybe a half-one second of input lag when playing random 1v1s in For Glory. However, that could just be because 99% of my opponents are in Japan... so the lag could be from being on the opposite side of the planet.

It's annoying, I'm hoping it's just a distance issue.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I've noticed maybe a half-one second of input lag when playing random 1v1s in For Glory. However, that could just be because 99% of my opponents are in Japan... so the lag could be from being on the opposite side of the planet.

It'll probably improve once the game is released worldwide, as I'm sure Nintendo will prepare for more folk around the world. Plus, it hasn't been out for long, so the online is bound to be iffy.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
When the lag is at it's worst people still say it's better than Brawl. Plus this is connecting through Japan. If it is good through Japan it'll be amazing when it gets here.
And its slowdown lag not input lag.

Last edited:

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice

You can't avoid lagging in online games. Especially not in fighting games(or Smash Bros). It is not called online for no reason. :p
The data has to travel some distance, and other factors affect it to.
Someone explained it in another thread really good. Maybe you look out for it. ^^

(You can't compare online with offline gameplay. You have to get used to how to play with lag and slowdowns if you like to play online.)

Beast Boy

Smash Rookie
People have been streaming for the last couple of days and online has been pretty lag free (obviously with a couple of laggy matches from people with bad connections every now and then), everyone has been saying a couple of frames input lag at most. That's from US to Japan too.

All other fighting games I've ever played have been laggy when playing people from that far away so it's looking pretty good so far. I think when it's out properly then the game is going to play very well online.

Top Bottom