• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about 'Lag'

Pi

Smash Hero
I hear a lot of talk about 'Lag' and often times in my wifi matches I don't have 'Lag' so much as I have 'Button delay'. But I often refer to these two things as 'Lag' because I thought that was proper.

So I was wondering when people say 'Lag' are they refering to the Lag that slows the gameplay or freezes it all together, or are they talking about button delay? And all these remedy's to 'Lag', are they only remedy's to slow/freezing gameplay or do they help reduce button delay?

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Yeah, I always get button delay. It's the worst thing ever. I'd rather experience some choppy lag than always have button delay. I don't think this will ever get fixed....

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
I always refered to it as button delay. Only when the game first came out did I experience frame lag... and now it seems fine. Especially good when I find people across the east coast/atlantic... I hardly experience lag or button delay with 1 vs 1 local(ish) wifi matches.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Lag = action happening slower than in offline play.

Lower FPS.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
Yah i would say thats all lag..lower fps and button delay..if everyone just got a wii lan adapter and configured their routers..or direct connected..this wouldnt be too much of a problem..i think anyways

mzink*

Smash Ace
ya i consider both lag, the button delay is what really gets me.

SnowandDeath

Smash Cadet
i've played so many online games(well over 600...it's sad really)and i barely notice button delay any more,but real lag...........makes me cry at night

Top Bottom