• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about jump mechanics

Kradzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kradzilla
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

So, does getting hit after using both jumps and up-B restore just up-B? Or does it restore both jumps and up-B? Also, how did it work in the previous games? I thought you get a jump back if you get hit in brawl, but I'm not sure.

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
No it only gives you back your up b, but some characters like bowser Jr happens to be screwed anyway. In previous games it was the same.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I have another question. sometimes, when I'm double jumping above an opponent, my jump goes way higher than normal. I can't for the life of me figure out why. What's doing this?

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
I have another question. sometimes, when I'm double jumping above an opponent, my jump goes way higher than normal. I can't for the life of me figure out why. What's doing this?
Hmm maybe you're bouncing on his head... I don't really know about this...

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Hmm maybe you're bouncing on his head... I don't really know about this...
I also thought that was the case, but it isn't. I think it usually happens when the opponent is airdodging? Don't have a confirm on that though.

It's definitely not my imagination, though. I've lost a few matches because it completely broke my momentum.

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
I also thought that was the case, but it isn't. I think it usually happens when the opponent is airdodging? Don't have a confirm on that though.

It's definitely not my imagination, though. I've lost a few matches because it completely broke my momentum.
I have no idea sorry, I've never heard of this before but maybe that's a thing. We need someone else to have an answer on this !

Top Bottom