• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about challenging Sheik's Bair

Xylq

Smash Rookie
I'm have had trouble with getting back to stage against Sheik's ledge drop Bair. I'm not sure how to challenge it or beat it. On occasions I can go over it with airdodge, but sometimes I don't have the option to recover high. I noticed in M2k (Sheik) vs PPMD (Marth) that M2k never seems to use this option, which leads me to believe that it's an unsafe or non-optimal option for Shiek.

Video Example:
http://youtu.be/uy1HWwjyGy0?t=2m2s
(not my game)

I know that is a broad question so I'm not opposed to a broad answer. Just trying to sharpen my Marth v Sheik match-up. thanks.

Life

Smash Hero
Depending on how close you are, you can fastfall under it or sideB stall just above it. Might also be possible to hit Sheik out of it, not certain though. (Counter might work?)

Also, when possible, save your double jump so you have another option to get past it.

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Just side b stall and fastfall a bit when you see them go out to get you. Honestly the example scenario you provided, there was a small chance of recovery. Just time your side b's and try and throw sheik off.

Xylq

Smash Rookie
Thanks ran into the match up this weekend after my post. If I have the read and am have jump counter and fair and to work. I did fast fall one as well. For the rest of the set he stopped trying to ledge drop Bair. Which means I did my job. Thanks guys

Evanpwnz

Smash Rookie
To add in, just remember to mix up your recovery (with fastfall, DI,side b etc) so your opponent can't predict where your going and easily punish you for it. This generally goes for all characters.

Preacher

Smash Cadet
If you can afford the time, stall with side B whenever you can. If you're over the ledge and have a jump then you should definitely consider counter, though Sheik will likely wait for it. If you're below the ledge and need to recover then you have to try. Best thing to do is DI in to the stage so Sheik hits you like the video and wall tech the hit. If you can do that then you will set yourself up to edge guard sheik.

Top Bottom