• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quest to Become the Best

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I don't mind Ganon. I know the matchup lol. But not against a good Ganon like you for instance. Just against the random Ganon occasionally.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't mind Ganon. I know the matchup lol. But not against a good Ganon like you for instance. Just against the random Ganon occasionally.
Well.. facing players stronger than you has it's problems. A LOT more pressure, your decision making will seem worthless, etc. I have the same problem too when I'm trying to beat the top guys.. it's really hard.. I'm trying to find ways to overcome these things but it's not easy anymore, haha. =P

Edit: I'm not an unstoppable warrior, I feel these things too if that means anything lol.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
My decision making doesn't feel worthless against better players. They just make better decisions more often. But, like, I can still take friendlies off good players like Amsah (which I have in fact done; I even took a match off his Sheik xD).

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Especially if you're up against one of the best players in the world. That just makes your victories even more rooted than cheapness rather than in skill. :bee:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think Jesse's fox is a "Pocket Fox"

But I do agree he is definitely a Marth player more than anything else.
That motorcycle idea sounds pretty bad *** jesse.
I'd normally comment further but you're from his region and he's your best player so I can understand why it might seem that way.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Went to post a quick update on my work break, and just saw this:

I'd normally comment further but you're from his region and he's your best player so I can understand why it might seem that way.
LMFAO damn, i just got ****ed up. and here i was thinking we were friends or something :-P

at any rate, if i really posted everything related to smash that i want to, i wouldn't have any time to practice lol, ive kinda had to abandon the blog to stay focused on improving

i've been coming to many conclusions and been working so much on certain aspects of my game...very excited for my next tournament, and i'm more motivated than ever to reach the top spot. of course, there's so much left to prove still. gotta break through the barrier of mid level play, and i'm feeling better and better about it

one thing's for sure though. to anyone wanting to become the best, there are challenges and little curveballs being thrown at you all the time, or for me that's what it seems like. anything from my controller randomly breaking which is the WORST thing that could happen, to needing to pay more rent for my roommates that didn't have jobs so i couldn't attend pound, to motivating myself to turn on the cube and practice after work and the gym, to just being able to figure out how to become better in the first place haha.

it's cool though, i'm lovin the journey. it gets emotional for me sometimes because it means so much to me, not to mention it's the worst feeling in the world not being as good at something as i want to be or feel like i can be. there's a lot of managing my state and emotions a lot of the time, and just trying to remain focused

D

Deleted member

get on aim you homo i need your phone number and your address.

Top Bottom