• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

J-Birds

Smash Lord
If you put PM on a different day you would miss a lot of Melee player cross over.
I definitely wouldn't go to a separate day just for PM.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Melee thoughts after bam:
Man, going to bam and watching/playing melee all weekend really hyped me up to improve more. This game is just soo mindblowing. I had a conversation with dekar at one point about how much it says about the game that such different styles can exist at a high level. Looking at how zac plays and how spup plays for example, or dekar/sd. Or the difference between PP/armada/mango/m2k/hbox. The game is deep enough that some essential aspect of the person's self is expressed in the way they play, and that's ****ing amazing. So glad to have this game and a group of people who like it as much as I do.

Keeeeeen for GPBM2 or JBM5 or whatever. Can't do anything this weekend though.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Definitely keen for something any weekend!

Would prefer others to host but Bob and I are generally willing to host meets provided enough people are interested/willing to drive to our place. However, JBM5 would be preferred, especially if it has a trailer.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
just gonna put the message out there again, but does anybody have any small CRTs? like 9-13 inch or something. I want something that I can fit in the closet and take out when i want to.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
You want to fit something 9-13 inches in the closet.......

Why don't you come out of the closet and we'll give you something 20 inches, our downstairs has 20 inches minimum

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Double post, but oh well.

JBM5 is confirmed, and will be taking place from 5 PM onwards this Saturday! PM me for info if you haven't been before.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
90% chance Bob and I are going out for dinner for Vyse's bday Saturday night
Sorry

Edit: But if the meet runs until at least midnight we could pop in around 10ish but no tourney entry unless it's definitely going to run that late

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Peeps just don't want to see the laziest QLD smasher got 6th at a tourney ....... If you don't know who that is, it's the nob face who typed this.

Anyways, anything going on this weekend, bob and I are free 8-9pm onwards this Saturday night if doyles are having something near/ in the city.
Also when is the next play warehouse, must be within a week or 2 from this weekend right?

Edit: the magic of the internet/been bored in a lecture at uni
1. SP
2. Syke
3. J Birds
4. Phrase
5. Tranq
6. Dino
7. Flux
8. Aaron
9. Jimbo
10. Emery
11. Bob
12. Nonco
13. Blue

http://challonge.com/JBM5RR
http://challonge.com/top6jbm5

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I still have a few CRTs to give away that can hopefully continues to serve the QLD Smash community in the next few years.

So hit me up on here or at a meet or tourny or whatever.
Nothing under 51cm.
I could also deliver them.
For free.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I now have 4 gamecubes as well lololol, 3 pal (1 chipped) and 1 japanong.

btw thers a guy in caboolture who will install a mod chip and give you an sd mem adapter to load homebrew/games from for like $60 if you provide a cube.

Splice

Smash Hero
I now have 4 gamecubes as well lololol, 3 pal (1 chipped) and 1 japanong.

btw thers a guy in caboolture who will install a mod chip and give you an sd mem adapter to load homebrew/games from for like $60 if you provide a cube.
you can load homebrew from a cube?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
damn you beat me on cubes, i only got 3

but i have 3 wiis, and a 4th japan one that someone owes me

Dekar289

Smash Hero
o i c...

If ya'll are coming to Shadowloo (feat. Armada), flights with Tiger are currently $59 each way, brisbane to melbourne.
By getting jetstar to pricematch, you can also get 10% off (and y'know, fly with jetstar instead of tiger)
get on it asap!

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
tranq you can come to maleny any time, i'd be keen for practice

EDIT: it's pretty far though

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
21st of June you say? Bob and I probably won't be going/will have to leave early, oh wells

Edit: hey matt, bob wants to know if it could go back to the 14th or not? It's a miles better date for both of us

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Schedule change for Play Warehouse 4 ;). Now on the 21st of June 2014.
What was wrong with the 14th?
Can i confirm that Melee Doubles will be done first if it is on the 21st?

If it is on the 21st we might just turn up for doules and then bugger off.
Will be very keen for after event shenanigins but I'm guessing everyone will be over it by then...

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
14th was a no go because like half the scene couldn't make it because of exams.

I'm always hungry for more smash, i'd do stuff after PW4, we could do another BBQ at your place maybe Bob?

Top Bottom