• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
You should be looking at top 5 BC. Top 3 would be hard, but from 4 - 20+ is a mixed bag.

There is nothing stopping you or Zydro from placing top 5, unless Attila, or some other good Oos'ers attend.

Gords

Smash Champion
You should be looking at top 5 BC. Top 3 would be hard, but from 4 - 20+ is a mixed bag.

There is nothing stopping you or Zydro from placing top 5, unless Attila, or some other bad Oos'ers attend.
yeah me, I stop you getting top 5 BC, even though i havent played the game in about 3 months, lol

In fact my goal is to at least go even with you BC, like i did at the last qld tourney i actually was focusing at which I believe was 2 lan smashes ago iirc, (last time i went i was super distracted with the zelda book i found and bought at game traders to even care).

BTW, is saturday locked in for when all the smash events are going to be held?

and Mat, what is the housing situation with atm, especailly regarding friday - sunday night.
My roster comes out tomoz night so i can start looking to get the time off. want it booked asap since flights atm are already expensive

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I'd like to go even with you too. Tink was a pain to play, I hate them projectiles.

We both placed 5th at Santasmash iirc Gords, which made our even friendlies even better.

Yeah, sat is pretty much the locked in day for Brawl.

Also, Hank Hill for SSB4. Mega man don't stand a chance!

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will be picking BC and Zydro up Firday night, probably around 5:30 after work. Then I will be doing a run to the airport afterwards to pick Apollo up depending on what time he gets in. Friday night housing is fine, but I can't do anything if you get in early Friday because of work.

I can house people till late Sunday night/ early Monday morning. I'm taking leave off in 2 months, so I don't really want to ask for more time off especially given the time of year. I can drop people to the airport either Sunday night, or before 8 am Monday morning :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
sorry guys, flights way too expensive already. obviously not pointing fingers, but with a bit more notice, i might be able to come to the next one.

love travelling up north.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sad to hear you can't make it Attila. I was actually practicing for this lansmash to hopefully play you. Can understand though. Prices are ridiculous atm for flights.

Might bring SCV again now. Otherwise I'll play friendlies and do practice sessions if you guys would like some coaching?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Phantom Pain Snake is Gray Fox, Kojima is a wizard, game will be amazing
and yeah ill probs be at this

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
Hihihihi, I'm someone named Prinny Flone, Flone for short, and I got invited by someone here to attend this so I will and yeah, I've never played smash competitively before so this'll just be a fun learning experience for me :D

Remastered

Smash Lord
Hi Flone. I'm assuming you play Brawl due to your Toon Link icon? Nice to have new people on board. I'm Matt, and if we get a chance we should chat on the day of the tournament. I'll help out where I can.

You will also need to know who BC is (Blake), as he will be running the tournament. I'll do my best to introduce you on the day. Hope to see you there :)

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
Yeah I play brawl, and before i met Zydro this year, i hadn't played brawl for about 3 years, so in other words, he brought me back into this.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Cool, Zydro is a boss. You'll learn a fair bit from him.

There will be plenty of people without doubles partners on the day. Who knows, you guys might make a new duo that no one can beat. Qld hasn't seen a consistent doubles partnering for a while now.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hey prinny. I think i played you on wi-fi with Zydro before :)

I'm the lord, master and dictator Tournament organizer of QLD Brawl. I'll have to be sure to have some games with you before I make bracket so I can decide who to put you with.

And yeah, plenty of people, Jim. I will be teaming with Zydro and hopping to keep teaming with him so I can have someone to Anubis with and build team synergy with.

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
Yeah you did Bacon (heh he told me about that) I was going under Przro at that time. Also knew that Zydro was gunna be duo'ing with you. :3 have fun

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I just thought it would be a good idea for them. Though they won't win but the doubles is free. They got nothing to lose :p

Nah, you and Apollo got nothing on Zydro and I ;)

Remastered

Smash Lord
It's always good to see what's on offer by joining events. I lost a lot before I started winning. The best I placed in my first year was 3rd (I had to knock Jaice out to do it too).

I wish Jbirds was still brawling actually. Would love to see how well he would do against Chris. We had 4 Snake mains at one point up here, then they all just disappeared.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
It's always good to see what's on offer by joining events. I lost a lot before I started winning. The best I placed in my first year was 3rd (I had to knock Jaice out to do it too).

I wish Jbirds was still brawling actually. Would love to see how well he would do against Chris. We had 4 Snake mains at one point up here, then they all just disappeared.

Yeah, I guess that's a fair point.

Why did Jbirds stop?

Were they good Snakes?

I lost a lot before I started winning.
OMG! I wish most people would understand that they will lose before they win!

Gords

Smash Champion
Mat, i managed to get friday night off, i am confirmed for friday through to monday.

can i get confirmation that i can stay at you place friday - sunday night, (drop me off at airport on monday at whatever time suits you or even in the city if thats easier).

havent booked flights yet but Mat is there any chance i could get housing on thurday night as well, becuase if i can mange to get thursday night off work i could save me about $100 in flights?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Chris actually asked me the same thing last night because flights are much cheaper for Thursday.

I can't get the Friday off, HOWEVER I asked Vanessa (as she will be home Friday) and she said you guys are welcome to come in on the Thursday night. Lucky for you I have a very understanding fiance :)

I can only get you from the airport after 5:30pm Thursday night. So keep that in mind when you book your flights.

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
well, it'll depend if I can manage to drag one of my friends along, cause i won't be staying the night up there, i'll be catching a taxi back down to beenleigh after everything finishes, and if he comes up i'mma making him split the cost of that taxi (it's gunna be like, $60 or so), but if he can't afford that then sure, i'll know by thursday so i'll let you know then.

J.R.D

Smash Rookie
well, it'll depend if I can manage to drag one of my friends along, cause i won't be staying the night up there, i'll be catching a taxi back down to beenleigh after everything finishes, and if he comes up i'mma making him split the cost of that taxi (it's gunna be like, $60 or so), but if he can't afford that then sure, i'll know by thursday so i'll let you know then.
Ok. no problem.

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
welp, already know whats happening (dem quick as hell finding out skills), i realised like, after i finished work today that the taxi back down would be over $80, asked him about it and he said he can't pay that. so i'll be a loner in the tourney. So you and me eh J.R.D?

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
that dedication of getting paid over $350 on wednesday... then finding out a friend (who is loaded with cash btw) can't afford $40-$50... yeah that's gotta be fun.

Remastered

Smash Lord
If I had space Flone, I would have given you a lift, but I'm already moving about 7 people on the day. You could always bus it back to the hyperdome, then taxi from there. I'll give you a lift afterwards to the bus station at garden city if you need?

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Is anyone driving 'cause I might need to be picked up :0

you might wanna fuel up though since canberra is like a two day trip

Prinny Flone

Smash Rookie
If I had space Flone, I would have given you a lift, but I'm already moving about 7 people on the day. You could always bus it back to the hyperdome, then taxi from there. I'll give you a lift afterwards to the bus station at garden city if you need?
yeah, found that out after i posted, if you could that would be awesome.

Top Bottom