• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hay gaiz

My brawl case was at Vyse's place and like.... Now it's gone lol
Its NTSC so the colour is a little darker and it has 4GB SD card in it which I need it.

So if someone find it, please gie it back ASAP <3

:phone:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Melee Singles

1/2: Zakido/SD (split)
3: Tedeth
4: Atticus
5: Earl
5: Jbirds
7: kansho
7: Arrow
9: Epic
9: Accelerate (forfeit to leave early)
9: AussieRob (forfeit to leave early)
9: Luke
13: Tibbs
13: Dif
13: Jei
13: DJCat
17: Cal
17: Gords
17: vyse
17: Hugh
17: Zydro
17: Steve
17: Matt
25: Aero
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/the_difinitive/summersmash2012singles.gif

Melee Doubles

I had an issue with the doubles bracket and somehow half of it got wiped sometime during singles. so i've recreated it as well as I can from memory but the middle is likely a bit off. so yeah, if you see a problem then point it out.

1: SD + Syke
2: Ted + Earl
3: JBirds + AussieRob
4: Atticus + Epic
5: Bob + Arrooowwwwwwwwwwwwww
5: Dif + Ryan
7: jei + tibs
7: Mattt + Kansho
9: Cal + Luke
9: Dean + Aero
9: Hugh + Steve
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/the_difinitive/summersmash2012doubles.gif

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Catherine
1: MTBlocks
2: Dif
3: Hughalioucs
4: Arrow
5: Testikills
5: Vyse
7: Cal
7: Ricky
9: Toki
9: LeeLeeLouise
9: Blade
9: Allen
13: Aero
13: Popdart
13: Mozza

Just like to say thanks again to our organisers for wading through pools of bureaucratic bull**** and general ****ery in order to pull this off for us.

Shout outs to the catherine guys, was fun playing with you, your all hype. Testikills is especially awesome. MTGod, your a cool guy and I hope we can play again sometime. When I buy the game I'll practice hard, come reclaim that 1 dollar coin for queensland.

Brawlers: Your all cool guys, you had a massive turn out and everything seemed to run smoothly if slowly.

Out-Of-Staters: Good effort coming all the way here for the tournament, you guys really make events like these.

New Guys: Good work coming to your first tournaments, hope you continue to come regardless of what games you play. If you lost badly don't be discouraged, the best players in Australia were there, so its perfectly excusable.

Melee regulars: Good seeing you all again, its always fun.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
For what it's worth, Matt and vyse had a bunch of hurdles thrown at them at the last minute for this tournament, but we still got to play and it was fun, even though Ryan and I had to leave in the middle of the bracket. Good stuff regardless.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Brawl dubs were

Atilla and Tibs
Dean and Earl
Tedeth and Luke
Aerodrome and Toki
Apollo and Allens

iirc

Remastered

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles:

1. Tedeth
2. Tibs
3. Attila
4. Jaice
5. M
5. Apollo
7. Jesmo
7. Jei
9. MTGod
9. Toki
9. Leisha
9. Earl
13. Luke
13. Ad3pt
13. Kaion
13. Khoa
17. Pezza
17. Allens
17. Cal
If anyone can remember the placings after this please let me know, someone closed the TIO file on my laptop and it corrupted. Plenty of recordings to come however.

Brawl Doubles:

1. Attila & Tibs
2. Dean & Earl
3. Ted & Luke
4. Aero & Toki
5. Apollo & Allens
5 Onwards: The rest

I will do full shout outs later, but I just want to thank everyone for the effort and commitment to making this event work. There was a higher power of some sort working against us yesterday, not just with the double booking by the venue owner, but also the big branch falling accross the powerlines out the front, and the previous group before us in the venue not putting the ventilation system on which meant it was hot when we got in the venue to start with. Regardless everything played out really well and on time. Lots of really good competitive play and hopefully people enjoyed themselvees given the circumstances.

inb4peoplewhodidn'tattendcontinueto****talkme

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Aside from all the bull**** that happened with the venue and such, the tournament was great. Had a really fun time, meeting and seeing everyone again. It was awesome to see lots of cooperation with everyone getting their matches done on time. I'm happy with my placing too :3.

Probably do my shoutouts later on I guess. Really wish I took photos though :/

Dekar289

Smash Hero
omg woeful regional seeding in the melee brackets.... especially singles
atticus beat earl TWICE! why was there at least no switch in the losers bracket? jesus christ
obviously caused by melee TOs being forced to rush due to chaotic morning due to incompetent head TO adept

nice work ted somehow winning this lol
who's writing the ausmash article? jei?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
duuuude... earl loses to atticus, knocks out gords then 3 of victoria's finest, then loses to atticus again
aaarghhhhh

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It isn't matts fault the venue was double booked, the plan was to get everything started at 9am. Being forced to start at 12 pretty much killed any chances of having pools, so bracket needed to be done instead.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
atticus didn't actually beat earl twice. somehow earl hadn't been entered into the singles roster when he paid and so i forgot to put him into bracket until a few matches had been played. so i slot him into losers at that position since that position meant we didn't have to redo any matches. you may note that there's a bunch of "earl"s in the bracket, that was me trying to figure out where i could put him minimising the additional time needed. i didn't seed earl at all as a decision of not wanting to hold the tournament up even further than it already was.

if there are any issues other than earl in terms of seeding then i'd like to know because if i do something like this again then it'll be helpful to make next time better. or maybe i'll just ask zac to do majors.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
atticus was a shot if you didn't make him wait 3 hours in winners...
also regardless it's a shame to see vic knocking out vic and qld knocking out qld all through losers

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
If Ryan and I didn't leave it probably would have come down to me vs Ted and Ryan vs Atticus in the end of losers. Ryan beat Ted before he left but he forfeited and let Ted go forward. Ted would have been where accelerate was and I beat arrow but let him go forward so it would have come down to me vs jbirds and then one of us vs the loser of Ryan and Atticus. It would have been totally different if we stayed and that was only cuz of time constraints. The bracket really wasn't that bad.

Shadowblade

Smash Apprentice
Shout outs:

Ad3pt/Vyse: you guys awesome, going through all the effort to organize this tournament and even with problems such as the double booking you still managed to create a great tournament.

R4VEN: your such a gentlemen, always driving people around and buying people drinks as an apology. always nice to see all the effort you put into the tournaments.

Metalliguy: you speak more memes then I post, but still your a great partner in doubles and I hope to we can play some matches against each other next time your up.

BC25: great Hype match, hope to see more lucario though at the next tournament.

Hugh: always fun playing Catherine with you, hopefully I will own the game this week and practice at some of the levels so I can do better against you next time.

Aero: shame I never got any matches against you this tournament, mostly wanted to play your wolf again.

Leisha: I just don't know what to do against your ROB, I need to learn the match-up better for next time. thanks for the pokemon sticker.

gg to everyone else I played against.

SethT

Smash Ace
If anyone can remember the placings after this please let me know, someone closed the TIO file on my laptop and it corrupted.
I know Allens, BTmans, and myself all placed 17th.

I'll do my long list of shoutouts tomorrow when I wake up. <3 the QLD scene and <3 meeting everybody I did. Had a lot of fun and that! Ill go into much more detail in my next post.

metalliguy

Smash Rookie
Blade, you so cool, your Kirby was good.

SS was so cool too.

TO's did an amazing job getting things running for 12 o'clock, despite the double booking *angry face*

So cool to meet everyone irl :awesome:

AAACCCEEEEESEESESEESESE, did you get enough sleep on the plane lol

zApollo

Smash Ace
Trying to sleep on plane was terrible, the Jetstar seats don't have good headrests.

I want to thank Matt so much for running an amazing tourney despite the challenges (that came in droves). I thoroughly enjoyed the event and am happy with how I performed. Oh except vs. Jaice on rainbow ride that was absolutely terrible.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i actually think the matt did well, despite everything that happened.

was pretty pissed off last night, sorry if i was rude to anyone. wasnt being a sore loser, i was just disappointed in how gay brawl can be.

if someone wants to play gay, you either use mk, or play even gayer.

*sigh*

metalliguy

Smash Rookie
my head was 2 foot above the head rest, and my neck is now sore, from leaning on the window.

*sues JetStar*

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
QLD tourneys happen rain, hail, flood, hurricane or Maori church group double booking thanks to the staggering efforts of both Vyse and AD3PT.

Dif also did an excellent job running Melee and anyone who thinks that these people are in any way incompetent TOs is just silly.

Special shoutouts to the whole Adelaide crew. Initially I only wanted to see Apollo and Nova down there but now I want a fully fledged vacation in SA to see all of you again <3

Recorded about fifty videos which are uploading now on my channel including numerous broken Jigglypuff Skyworld MMs and a rather gay match of Ted timing out Attilas solo IC.

SethT

Smash Ace
AAACCCEEEEESEESESEESESE, did you get enough sleep on the plane lol
sleeping on the seat-tray-thing was perhaps the greatest idea I've ever had. Enough sleep to crank myself through a day at the city anyway :]

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I'm more concerned for Sam not getting anything. He drove from Gladstone purely because of the pot.. and left with $50.

IF the S.A people did give the the money to Matt... **** will be going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom