• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
You care so much J-birds, you just pretend not to care when you play bad and lose.. always johns.
Kas on the other hand just always pretends not to care, so people are convinced he doesnt.. HE DOES!

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Once I've done all my uni exams and stuff I should really start practising some more. Shame I don't finish up till the 9th :(

Hey bxjht, good to see another north-sider on the forums. I'm currently at Bald Hills whereas most other people seem to be on the south side/GC.

bxjht

Smash Rookie
Monday night sounds pretty swell to me. If anyone is driving from a location closer to Brisbane city and also happens to have a spare seat in their vehicle I am willing to chip in dollars for a lift. Can also bring a wii and brawl disc if needed.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I might come Matt, but I've been working every day since monday, am working all weekend and am working mon-fri next week as well, so I might be drained by then.

Also **** halloween, it's a stupid American tradition.

Remastered

Smash Lord
It's a reason to get drinking, that's all I need. Ness is holding a costume party, so I sorta have to attend as it is at my house.

Maybe if I continue on with American traditions, I'll get even better at smash ;)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
As toki asked on the unilan thread, who is actually going to it now? I hope not everyone is bailing... cbf going to animania. Too early to get up and more expensive. :(

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Isn't Uni meant to be finishing up soon? Once people arn't so busy stuff could happen >_>
I'm pretty sure most people would have finished uni by the next Smashplay so stuff should be able to happen after then. Btw may/may not be coming to next Smashplay depending on how things pan out for me.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Cal here:

So Chris has come by for a little while. I just 2 stocked his Metaknight with Bowser 129%.... on smashville.

Yea that just happened. *insert proud face*

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Woah yeah im totes serious when i say those things?
You should know i honestly dont care a lot of the time, See PT usage.

Whats the matter Rob still cant handle peach?

Rob: I only lose cause i have a peach weakness wah wah wah

Rob: I have overcame my peach weakness watch out Ben!

*Rob gets ***** by Ben*

Rob: Oh peach is so hard cry cry, my character is so bad and i take every possibly moment to talk about it
LOL

Me: Wow Rob seems confident he is gonna be tough this tournament...

*Play matches*

Me: Well that was easier than I expected

*Beats ryan for good measure*

And usually....

Me: I wonder how much Jbirds has improved??

*Plays Jbirds*

Me: Oh yeah hes gotten a bit better

*Downsmash*

Me: Wait no...still failing

Scott send me that email already...

bxjht

Smash Rookie
Still trying to source out a lift to Matt's on Monday. If anyone can help please notify me ;)

A long while ago a few friends and I experienced a very strange glitch within brawl and i'm curious as to whether you lads have ever experienced something similar....we were engaged in an items match when someone grabbed an assist trophy and out came Tingle who proceeded to fixate the camera on one of us (as he does)...although..while the camera was fixed someone picked up the final dragoon piece and used it..now as we all know using the dragoon will temporarily switch the camera angle...the combination of this dragoon and tingles camera tomfoolery resulted in a permanently fixed close up on one of us which lasted the rest of the 7 or so stock we each had.

bxjht

Smash Rookie
ionno where u live bxjht.
theres 555 on elibeth street outside the mcdonalds near myer centre escalator entrance parallel to borders.
I live in Red Hill. I will get the 555 to hyperdome. any recommended time?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Either Arrow or I can pick you up from the hyperdome stop whenever. You can walk to my place from there in about 5 min. You get there when you can bxjht and just send me a text and either Arrow or I can pick you up.

@ Arrow: Can you bring a wii so I can have another set-up going?

I have 2 spare tvs so if anyone else has a wii and brawl you can bring that would be good too.

You'll be there oldman, and James. Non commital is not a legitimate johns these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom