• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah I play brawl mostly. I was actually at the Smash Bros comp you guys held at the Mana Bar so I thought I should go check out some more of the competitive scene. And I can actually come on Friday. Hooray. I shall bring a controller and my brawl disc (no TV or Wii though, my housemates would disapprove).
Ah awesome :)

I'm glad my forays into random conventions/gaming events has managed to reach somebody. I've always said that even one or two people decide they want to hop on the smash train, it's all worth it.

No worries about the equipment, so long as you have a controller. You'll come to find that Smash is a community driven effort, everybody helps out where they can.

Vyse, Luigi and Peach will be there but sister won't so no 'Pikapower' team with Nat this time as she has school.
Awesome to hear you two are coming. Too bad for Tiahn :p

We got Vyse coming to unilan who else is
Bob's interested in coming, but he wants more people to play Melee with!
Cal is coming too, and Kaion wants to come but he's at work so he won't be there til later.

Doing the callout now.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Can anybody host me on merchant of venice night? don't really feel like travelling several hours by public transport at 11 at night back to northside. I offer epic meleeings.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Depending on how transport is, I might be able to host some people. I got some couches and a spare room. Also wicked melee potentional.

Unilan was the bomb. So much fun. Wicked melee, cheers Cal for the epic matches. Was so happy to get my doc and ness back on. Nice work on all your characters dude. Many props. Also J-birds, Cheers for the fox practice dude. I will be consistent with those chain throws.

Wanted to vs. DJ more, he disappeared.

And once again. MERRY FISTMAS!!!!!!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Future SmashPlay tournaments: In future, I'll make sure they're on Saturdays. Probably 1pm onwards. This Friday is still as is, but in future I plan to have them run consistently once a month on a Saturday. To that end, I will probably book the room for the next half a year tonight.

Also look forward to seeing you and your brother there Matt.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee will run throughout the tournament at a staggered pace.

I'd wager 5 o'clock start for singles, half an hour after Brawl doubles starts.

EDIT:

Just saw your post Ben. I'll probably stagger it even more to start after dinner, so 6:30 perhaps. It'll run during the Brawl tournaments side-by-side.

@Matt: Hoping for 15-20 people. It is a Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom