• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Unless you want to pay the $90 fee for the day you can still go...
we've forked out more than that from our own pockets every DORF OFF and they're not even legit tournaments.
I'm sure you would have had the numbers to cover $90.. us 3 DORF's were coming, plus another 2 friends possibly.. and most of the regulars I assume?
Oh well, we need a proper tournament in QLD asap.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
im sorry to say it but there wouldn't be that many people showing up to hawtsoike if it was still on, because its pretty heavy in exam block atm. It would have been awesome but yea, just a bit too busy atm.

and yeah dorfs driving does suck we have to drive up from gc to pretty much every tournament that is held.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
yea respect to GC peeps driving up to most of the bris tourneys, that's why I was fine with driving down for PMS.. but now there seems to be no upcoming hotcats/soikes/whatevers in bris and no PMS down the GC.. bond uni would have been alright but it doesn't seem that organised to me, could drag on a bit.. and I want to be back in bris by a reasonable time that night, cos we made plans around the hawtsoike schedule.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I was coming to Hotsooiiikkkeee

But not I guess I'll go to UniLan...haven't been to the coast in a while....

Dorfs should come....it'll be a proper tourney.

I don't see why we can't have a pot...even if only smashboard members put money into it...No random who doesn't wanna pay money to enter is going to get in the top 3 anyway...

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
it's not a troll, it's legit. We were all planning to go to failsykes this weekend but for some reason it failed and since we don't want to travel to the GC for a disjointed meet that spans over 9hrs, we decided to provide an alternative in Brisbane. Also, driving back late from the GC would result in a boring saturday night.

It's what SeaDORF said haha. Idc, it's just I don't haz money to spend for drinking this weekend but will soon.... I agree with Scrubs, needs some dorf at bond uni. You could still make time for going out. All nighter at the GC?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
After Tempest I'm going to convince Kaion to start running tournaments in Helensvale.

Though I'm sure he's planning to anyway.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I think hawtsoike would have had enough numbers to go ahead, but mainly brawl players.. maybe not enough melee players for a competition and since syke is a melee player, guess that's fair enough. Even tho we were planning rep our melee ganons :p

No pub friday now because ranga has work sat and sea went to the pub tonight and has work in the morning, so he'll be a wreck. Considering bond bs but we have fellow DORF's coming up from warwick for the weekend, so we might not have time for a GC venture. See what happens.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
phantom-seaDORF and pinefreshDORF are worthless... just got home from stirp club, seriously, **** this, i feel like yakiking everywhere, have work in 3 hours fml

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
such a ****ing idiot..

at least phantom and pinefresh dont get obliterated the night before a big weekend then bail because they're too destroyed and can't back it up.

Wed: 'I'll have a big sleep thur night so I'm fresh for the weekend'
Thur: 'On ny 3re jug of 4x biter, goin to strip club peihehg haha ydh *** sedep'

*facepalm* you're so ridiculous sea.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
Wizards.

There will be some free TVs left at our placeif anyonewantsto storethem/keep themfor the good of QLD Smash.
Ya all know where the place is, so yeah, go for it.

Best way to contact me for the next while is phone.
Me and the beast and the Dinosaur will probably wantto do some kind of stuff.

Tiger out.

EDIT: Sea, you spaka.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
such a ****ing idiot..

at least phantom and pinefresh dont get obliterated the night before a big weekend then bail because they're too destroyed and can't back it up.

Wed: 'I'll have a big sleep thur night so I'm fresh for the weekend'
Thur: 'On ny 3re jug of 4x biter, goin to strip club peihehg haha ydh *** sedep'

*facepalm* you're so ridiculous sea.
Douchebag, i was having a few drinks with a mate i haven't seen in 3 months, i would DEFINITELY prefer to have a big thursday night (the only night he was available) chilling with a mate i hadn't seen in ages then "rest-up" and have a big weekend with the same dudes that i drink with every weekend...

Also, never compare me to phantom and pine ya fwuck head

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
get ****ed, I never criticised you for catching up with a mate and having a few beers.. I said you were a ****ing idiot for going out afterwards and hitting the valley with a bunch of randoms before you had work in the morning at 4.30 and seeing your mates or 'dudes that I drink with every weekend' afterwards. If you think that was a good decision you're a braindead ****.

At least pine and phantom have the decency to stick to their word. Have a good weekend recoving 'ya fwuck head'

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pfft, I've fought with you guys over worse things.

I am disappointed at the lack of fight in this thread.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Well Bond Uni from 2pm onwards, if you guys want to then come ahead, I'm not too sure about the price or even if there is a price for us, but at worst it'll be $20
-I should be there, and I'll play whoever in smash64, melee or brawl
-If anyone needs more info and stuff just msg me or something

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hmm well I wanna go to bond uni but I need to be housed for the night somewhere. Bob and James are busy all day tomorrow moving but they are not sure if they can do anything that night/all of Sunday so I dunno what I should do from here hmm......

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
come stay with me and ranga cal you doyle. Undecided on bond.
Well I spoke to James and I'm going to help him and bob move that afternoon and can stay the night at there place but hanging out with you DORF's that night sounds good. I got rum with me also lol. At any rate I'll give you a call or something tomorrow and see what your up to for the night.

So yea so much for bond haha. Oh well.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I'm doing **** all tomorrow, swing me a text cal and you can come over and smash. After ranga finishes work we'll start drinking and antics will commence.

Just wont a $100 MM against ranga, **** was so cash.. literally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom