• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ QLD Brawl Buddies: A QLD Brawl/Melee Tournament - Finals Vids up!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Anywhere between 7:00am and 10:30am would be best, earlier the better so we can get everything under control.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I think me and kust are getting there around 7-9ish so umm i might be a bit RAWR! coz of the earlyness dont pay any attention to me

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Also, Yokai has a TV, but can only bring it if he can get transport help.
He lives at garden city in macgregor brisbane.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Stupid people cancelling, one of my mates cancelled btw :(
Sorry. He gave me such late notice...
:036:

P.s. @ vyse. the avatars seemt o be only lasting everytime u log on... as itresets every time i do....
o well

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just re-quoting for emphasis.
You know what's need to know, and what's not.

Hehe, okay time to get serious guys.

We are but 5 days away from the tournament, and there are a lot of things I need you guys to do to help me with this to make it a success.

Firstly, there's our out of state amigos. The only group I'm concerned about are the NSW peeps.
Shaya and Kulla are going to be here in a few days and they need to get in contact with DJ about it.

There's also GORDS who will be arriving here in the morning. I need to talk to you about that again, so I can help co-ordinate you to here.

0448993598 is DJ Cat's phone number, if you guys can post your details I'll pass them on to him as well.

Here's the proposed schedule for the day:

7:00am: Doors Open, come in real early to help set up!!!
9:30am - 10:30am: Event Registration Period
10:30am - 1:00pm: Brawl Doubles
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Barbeque Lunch
2:00pm - 5:00pm: Brawl Singles
5:00pm - 8:00pm: Melee Doubles
8:00pm - 10:30pm: Melee Singles
10:30pm Onwards: Crew Battle/Packup and Leave

I've changed it a little here, and those have been amended to the OP, namely the earlier start time for registration.

To answer your question Ghost, for now it's yes, I'll need the $5 fee just to get you in the door, I'm really sorry about that, but it's just to be fair to everyone. The hall IS going to cost $500 to hire =_=

However, I'm thinking that rather than have a Door fee, I could possibly have a registration fee of $5
I'm undecided. Having it as a registration fee is easier, but it defeats the purpose of the door fee, that is to ward off people who just feel like walking in to steal stuff. Then again, once the events are under way, I don't think there would be anything to stop someone from just walking in anyway.

Tell me what you think. A registration fee could work better than a 'I stop you at the door and make you pay' fee.

In regards to fees, I'll restate them here:

Singles Events: $10 per person
Doubles: $5 per person

If you enter all 4 events, I'll waive the Door/Entry Fee.
If you provide a TV, you get a free lunch.

- Lunch -
As there is a kitchen attached to the hall, we are going to be serving reasonably cheap food from the Kitchen.

- Equipment -
Along with TV's and Wii's, we also need extension leads and power boards. Make sure you bring all the power leads and power boards that you can.

Also, I highly highly reccomend you take the time to mark your equipment, even your component cables and what not.

My suggestion is that you take a thin strip of paper for each item (Thinner than the width of cello tape), write you name on it, and sticky tape it to all you equipment. Either way, I'll be bringing tape and a permanent marker for people to use anyway.

All equipment will be put into 'stations' and numbered as such. When I call out bracket matches, I'll also be assigning you to a specific station, so make sure that you're going to the correct one.

---

Hmm, I think there are still other issues I need to sort out.
On wednesday, I'll be paying the $500 plus $250 bond, and receiving the key for the place.

Also, I've decided that for the singles tournaments I'm going to seed players by location, so that people can avoid playing people they regularly play against (certain entrants have raised concerns about having to play against their friends early on).

Gords

Smash Champion
I know I asked this before but I can't find it anymore

How much money do you recommend we have for dreamworld on Sunday?
And are we going out to dinner at szzler that night?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, I'm not even sure about Sunday anymore >_<

I've been really busy with other things this past week, I haven't even been able to give the tournament the full attention it deserves, which I'll apologise for now.

Dreamworld, I'd bring like, $100 for it =_= Honestly, it eats your money that place. I'm not sure I even REALLY want to go to it at the moment. Maybe we should all go to a movie on sunday or just hit up Brisbane or something. I don't know, do people want to go do super fun park tiemz, or hit up Brisbane like we did after QSM?

I just think we could get a lot more bang for our bucks just eating out and watching a movie in Bris.

Sieg

Smash Champion

I've been really busy with other things this past week, I haven't even been able to give the tournament the full attention it deserves, which I'll apologise for now.

Dreamworld, I'd bring like, $100 for it =_= Honestly, it eats your money that place. I'm not sure I even REALLY want to go to it at the moment. Maybe we should all go to a movie on sunday or just hit up Brisbane or something. I don't know, do people want to go do super fun park tiemz, or hit up Brisbane like we did after QSM?

I just think we could get a lot more bang for our bucks just eating out and watching a movie in Bris.
Is waste money at arcade tiem naoz?

I don't mind if it's Dreamworld either cause I have a free ticket.

Gords

Smash Champion

That would be better for me as I don't have $100 to kill.

lol i said i got 50% off price tickets to dreamworld for 8 people.. does that help =P

excited about tourny.. ill try to be there at 9
but if we do end up going to dreamworld please book me in for one those 50% off tickets thanks

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We'll sort it out tommorow.
I'm going to bed now to catch some Z's, so if you want to contact me, it's 0421829455
I'll be at the venue from 7am.

See you all tommorow >_<

Sirias

Smash Champion
LOL Toai. <3

8 AM. o:
The only reason I would be going would be to bring 2 T.Vs.
Even if I do go I think I'll just sleep in a corner. d:

Caaaooo... </3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
<3 kassywazzysquishyfluffysquepoOoOOoo >_<" <3 melee fox is so cute he makes all the other foxys jealous!

Sirias

Smash Champion
<3 Davie-wavie-pudding-and-piiieeeEEE! :D

Isn't he juuuussssstttt?!??!
SssSSSosoOoOOOO KyyYUYyyUUTUTUUTUEEEEE!!!<##<#<3,33<3<3<3

Omgomg tournament has started and I didn't attend.
Omfgomfg.
I think I should have, I bet I could have won.
:D

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Lol what? I went to the city and I saw Smashers there, and I was like "This probably is where the tournament is."

... But it wasn't

GG mass mind****s.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
yeah it was nice. attendent list was cool.

for a downlow of who won etc.....

brawl sing=
1. chris...*sigh metanight*
2. kulla *sigh metaknight and snake...*
3. hotdog *sigh metaknight...*

brawl doub=
1. chris jei
2. kulla shaya
3. nick ryan

melee singles:
1. tristan
2. kulla
3. radiance

Sieg

Smash Champion
Anyone who wasn't there for the crews.

You missed the most epic finish of a match.

EVER.

Shaya has lots of vids and Kulla has lots of pics.

And is making a gif.

Of awesome.

lol.

EDIT.

OMG SHAYA EPIC DUEL!

Shoutouts later.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
yeah it was nice. attendent list was cool.

for a downlow of who won etc.....

brawl sing=
1. chris...*sigh metanight*
2. kulla *sigh metaknight and snake...*
3. hotdog *sigh metaknight...*

brawl doub=
1. chris jei
2. kulla shaya
3. nick ryan

melee singles:
1. tristan
2. kulla
3. radiance
I main Kirby, Meta-Knight was my back up player that I used first then I'd use Kirby if I lost, but I only got to use Kirby twice =(

Anyways, that was fun, thanks again Vyse for organizing everything I have a blast. Peace.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yep, I would have won Melee and Brawl for sure.

d:
Lol, Zac, I wanted to go to the strip club but I was (am) way too tired. =/
Been having this weird streak of fatigue for NO reason what-so-ever.

OH WELL.
C:
I went to watch Wall-E. Lol.
SO GAY. I mean really, cute and adorable, but gay.

Top Bottom