• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hey I want both of you still in this game. Don't be like that, please.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I got loaded with work today and then come to check thread real quick and this.
I like laundry ran and ryu. Maven seems to say nlthing when he is here. Zen i want to beat with a shoe but that doesnt tell me **** abouf his alignment. Texas sun sucks. Night

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would understand if it's about being busy but if it ain't then stay. I have replaced due to being over committed but if I have the time and energy to play I'll play. This is the last thing I'll say, whoever is staying stay so we can salvage this.

Maven89

Smash Master
ranmaru ranmaru my listing was me saying what little I had at the time, "these are slightly suspicious because of their D0 pick". Calling them "scumpicks" to me implies I had narrowed it down. I didn't, I was just saying "with nothing else, i'm going to look at this". Soup convinced me with his post that I shouldn't focus so much on d0, I think he's right. So I basically thew that stuff out, and without focusing on D0 I had nothing. So looking at it again, I saw Laundry

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How do you feel about Laundry currently, and others as well?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
confirming i see the replacement requests and am working on them. :) will keep you updated.

assume the deadline is the same for now.

Maven89

Smash Master
1. Laundry replacing out is probably honest.
2. Ryker replacing out/not using the Laundry shenanigans to push Laundry means he's probably town
3. I'm town
4. Ranmaru is either town or scum who saw a great opportunity for a push
5. I like Gheb due to agreeing with him, he could be scum due to POE
6. Xiivii has given nothing to be townread for
7. Orbo has done nothing to be townread for
8. Ryu has done little to be townread for

So as of right now I"m fine with Xivii and Orbo to lynch

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm willing to reconsider based on whatever slots replace those two. My Ryker read was based on Laundry's read of him.

unvote

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 1.6
Maven [2*]: Ranmaru, Ryker
Laundry [1]: Maven
Orbo [1]: Xivii
Not voting [5]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Gheb, Soup

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
With the current vote spread, Maven will be lynched at the deadline (Thursday, 11:59PM EST).

#HBC | ѕoup

Can we get a deadline extension if you do replace them?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 1.7
Maven [2*]: Ranmaru, Ryker
Not voting [6]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Gheb, Soup, Xivii

With the current vote spread, Maven will be lynched at the deadline (Thursday, 11:59PM EST).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The replace outs I don't get anything from. My reads remain the same, but I have a question. Soup, why did laundry's read on ryker influence yours? I thought you had a problem with him. We still need to talk about him, and I am wondering on your current read on Maven. Earlier you mentioned Ryu seeming off, can you elaborate?

Maven, I want to see your thoughts on Soup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually you can finish your day 1 re-read, I wanted some quick thoughts on current events but I'll wait. Sorry.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Ryker got his name legally changed. He is now Joey.

Here's the second redundant VC reflecting only the player change.

Vote Count: 1.8

Maven [2*]: Ranmaru, Joey
Not voting [6]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Gheb, Soup, Xivii

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Welcome Joey! It's been a while. Look forward to playing with you.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hi guys! Gonna try my best to fill in. Reading now!

If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them after I'm done reading! Only 3 pages in at the moment, though, so it'll be a little bit before I'm done >_<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't take their interaction as that. I think Gheb tried to break down laundry's walls and get him to say more in less, which in my eyes is reasonable. They both kinda turned it into a pissing contest at the end where I don't think you can say that either of them was being rational or about who was baiting who. Why does Gheb get harsher treatment in your eyes when Laundry has been acting quite the same?
I don't see their play as similar. It'd be helpful if you could bring quotes if you think they are, as I don't see it. To me, Laundry has come across as frustrated and especially with Gheb stating his you push was bad without stating why, then asking for a summary. That's not how you push your scumreads. Also Laundry came across as genuine when I told him why I felt you were town and for him to reconsider. Gheb just saying "So you *don't* want to lynch Soup?" came across as weird especially since Laundry *was* adamant about lynching you. I just need you to try to look from Laundry's perspective here. I need you to talk to me about Laundry here.

Also, if you have unvoted earlier, why talk to Ryker about how you feel about Laundry (as a suspect).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thoughts on Maven:

I still suspect maven for the non-investment. I will drop the scumpick points, as it seems he dropped them right after his post, and I misunderstood that. Yet, I still find his comment about Laundry's Orbo read forced. Yet my read on him is weaker since now it's only based on his laundry read and non-investment, and I can't really get a read from his recent opinions, which are pretty lacklust. I'm not interested in pushing towards nulls. I am also curious as to why Maven hasn't given a read on Soup recently.

Thoughts on Soup:

I stated that I found Soup's disappearance to be concerning after his wagon dissipated. I also find it concerning he unvotes Maven and am interested to hear why (if Maven was replacing I'd understand the re-evaluation). We still need to talk things out so my read on him is now null. He said quite a bit but this is what sticks out the most to me and it's very important he states why he is moving from maven to a re-evaluation of the replacement slots.

Thoughts on Gheb:

As I stated in my #392, I feel that Gheb is being weird and baity/goady. Usually Gheb gives good explanations as to why he believes someone is scum (even if he is wrong). I noted as much during his play in Maven's Monty Python. Here he posts a case with some statements he hasn't really proved, but when pressed to expain why (soup case is bad, etc), he refused and instead asked for a summary. He doesn't seem like he believes in Laundry being 'Established Scum'.

Thoughts on Orbo:

Still null, after a VLA he drops in with one post. Not exactly helpful.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Everyone else I need more content from to get a better conclusion or needs a replacement so I can read their replacement. (Laundry I read as town still, Ryker still as Null-town)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gonna speed through my day 1.

I get aspects of the Laundry wagon but I can't support it from what have I read. Laundry reads very frustrated by the end of day 1.

Orbo has done literally jack ****.

Maven is close to Orbo on that account.

Laundry and Ranmaru come with me to lylo please.

Zen and Ryker as back up to that. Most from not posting something that would catch my eye and say, wtf, this game and nothing seems scummy yo me.

Gheb frustrates me and I get where he was by right now. I do not think he is as likely scum.

I still hate Soup's Slot with a passion, idk why people 180'd on him. He refuses to contribute and as I shown in one instance earlier he will flip flop with short time spans on his stances of what he will do for no reason other than, "This looks towny to do this"

Maven is idk to be frank.

Vote: Soup

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't have an actual reason to scum read Orbo. Laundry stated it best. Xivii's reasoning is nice (and for me Xivii is getting townie points for it) and I can understand why he thinks it's suspicious, but I don't find Orbo scummy for it as much as just busy?

I really like Xivii's slot for the above mentioned post and I genuinely love where his thoughts have been all game. Ryu, Laundry, and Ranmaru are also in this boat. In terms of Ran vs Ryu, I understand why Ranmaru pushed for what he did, but I also understand why Ryu thinks it's bad. I agree with whoever said this was T v T (Xivii?). They're pretty straight forward reads, but if anyone wants me to go into any one in particular, I can.

I agreed a lot with Gheb's logic early on and I would have sat with him on Tailor tbh. I could just be lacking on knowledge on these roles, but based on how I read them, I can't disagree with Gheb's logic at all tbh. Day 1 is where I start to genuinely disagree with his approach to the game, but I still don't have a reason to scum read him. I also don't know why people are scum reading him for what he's doing. Someone sticking to their guns when the only things that have really happened this game are mechanics talk and 3-4 isolated disputes doesn't seem suspicious to me, potential hypocrisy in Laundry v Gheb aside.

Soup confuses me as a slot, but I do have a question. What is up with the whole "asking for reads during d0 is suspicious" thing? I don't remember how you worded it exactly, so I could be misunderstanding it, but Ryker clearly instigated the reads, so I'm not sure why you're pressuring Laundry for asking for it? Answer to question (provided I'm given one) as well as a re-read when it isn't 2 am will define my read, as I went from town to scum reading him and then just got confused after Ryker added his thoughts and everyone just backed off of one another.

Maven is my closest thing to a scum read, and that's only because his reads confuse me. I don't know why he went from liking Gheb to being confused about Gheb (adding him to a scum list) to liking Gheb again, I don't know why he still feels completely null about Xivii, and I don't understand most of the logic for his recent read post at all. I'm re-reading him tomorrow to hopefully fill in any holes I'm missing, but justification of his read post would be nice regardless. If I had to put a scum vote down right now, it'd be him.

Sorry for the wall lol. I'll try to make my posts shorter when I'm not playing catch up."

There are questions for Soup and Maven in my reads regarding them in case it's missed in word vomit.

Unvote

Laundry/Xivii I'm not Ryker but play the good game with me anyways please </3

#HBC | ѕoup

I might have to feel like laundry did if Ryu tells me that I have refused to contribute
[QUOTE="Red Ryu, post: 21350982, member: 119088"

I still hate Soup's Slot with a passion, idk why people 180'd on him. He refuses to contribute and as I shown in one instance earlier he will flip flop with short time spans on his stances of what he will do for no reason other than, "This looks towny to do this"

Vote: Soup[/QUOTE]

So are you ignoring all of last page? This is sloppy on your part.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP:

I might have to feel like laundry did if Ryu tells me that I have refused to contribute...

Vote: Soup
So are you ignoring all of last page? This is sloppy on your part.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, ignore my ryker question in #488. Do answer anything else I have asked, especially about the maven unvote.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'll get to it, but not tonight. Just had to state my disbelief for a moment.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Be wary that deadline may or may not be extended. I want to stay on the safe side and have your answer tomorrow if you can. Thanks. I'm going to sleep.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Triple replacement sucks big time. Especially Ryker replacing out is a huge bummer, I really liked his play.

I really wish Maven posted ... a lot more. The slot is town in my book but it's hard to argue against his lynch at this point given his passiveness and lack of activity.

:059:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm lifting the deadline temporarily. Day 1 will continue as normal and I will give you at least 24 hours when a new deadline is set.

If you happen to know anyone who might be willing to replace in, please let me know. Ryker was really great for finding a sub - kudos. I'm having trouble getting two more.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Guess which game isn't ruined?? This one. :>

Xivii is now Nabe.

---

Vote Count: 1.9

Maven [1*]: Ranmaru
Not voting [6]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Gheb, Soup, Nabe

With the current vote spread, Maven will be lynched at the deadline (TBD).

Top Bottom