• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
GAH! I BURNT MYSELF ON THE BETTER LOOPS!
You probably should have blown on them first.

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the work you've put into this pack, man. You have much more patience than I do, cheers and hope you had a Merry Christmas!
This pack is mah bebeh. I gotta take care of it and make sure it's as good as it can possibly be. I hope everyone else enjoys it too. :)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ninja update to the Main, Textureless, and Music-Lite packs. I've also updated the three flavors of patches with up to date information.

Note: The perfectly looped brstms is not included in the flavored patches to guarantee small size. If you want it, it's located directly under them though. Now, if you'll excuse me. Pokemon Y is calling my name.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Theres a freezing issue when selecting a stage. I'm using the strawberry patch on the normal download. PLEASE HELP
In what manner does it freeze? I need more information so I can work with you on it. If you downloaded the main pack after 6:33 CST on the 26th, you don't need the Strawberry patch. It's been completely updated to have all the stuff in the patch as well as the looped music patch.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
When there's no more room in hell. Vegeta walks the.....other hell.

Nice change Smashboards, everything seems to have a more common sense approach to it now.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Why is Shadow Moses Island: CE not over Shadow Moses Island?

Wily's castle is replacing BF64. What is BF64? I have never seen that stage outside of 1-P mode in SSB.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Could I download this, and then take Shadow Moses CE, Flat Zone, Aero Dive and Wily's Castle and put them over any stages in my own pack on my SD card?

I love those so much, but don't wanna overwrite any of my other stages. Also, for the sake of music I'd like to put Moses CE over Moses.

I need to think of a good place to put Wily's with lots of music if that's all possible.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Why is Shadow Moses Island: CE not over Shadow Moses Island?

Wily's castle is replacing BF64. What is BF64? I have never seen that stage outside of 1-P mode in SSB.
Shadow Moses Island CE isn't over Shadow Moses Island because of the way the stage loaded. I decided it would be more interesting to have 3 possible looks for Mushroom Kingdom PM than to have just one look expanded over three slots.

Wily's Castle replaced a stage that the pack previously had, Battlefield 64, which was over Big Blue. Technically the stage is still over Big Blue, but I could add that it technically replaces both of them.

Could I download this, and then take Shadow Moses CE, Flat Zone, Aero Dive and Wily's Castle and put them over any stages in my own pack on my SD card?

I love those so much, but don't wanna overwrite any of my other stages. Also, for the sake of music I'd like to put Moses CE over Moses.

I need to think of a good place to put Wily's with lots of music if that's all possible.

If you just wanna use stages from the pack, go right ahead. Just remember that the menu icons won't be changed for them in your version, so you'll have to do that if you want it to all look uniform.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If you just wanna use stages from the pack, go right ahead. Just remember that the menu icons won't be changed for them in your version, so you'll have to do that if you want it to all look uniform.
Sure, sure. Although now I'm not sure where to find the icons for that, because I've never seen any of these on Brawlvault unless they've been added recently.

That Wily's Castle is SO LEGIT.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sure, sure. Although now I'm not sure where to find the icons for that, because I've never seen any of these on Brawlvault unless they've been added recently.

That Wily's Castle is SO LEGIT.
The icons for Flat Zone were made by me, so they're not on Brawl Vault or anything. All the MenStageSwitch images were also made by me, as well as the current version of Dr. Wily's Castle's select icon. If you know how to do it, you can also extract the icons directly from my common5.pac and use them in your stuff.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Speaking of icons, I don't think the icon for research facility matches with the actual stage

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Speaking of icons, I don't think the icon for research facility matches with the actual stage
It looks like what it's supposed to look like on my side. The small icons are just a representation of the stage, they don't have to show 100% what the stage does, or else Flat Zone's default Brawl Icon wouldn't fly.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
should I download the strawberry now or the main download on the section above "patches"?

I will download main pack and maybe strawberry later if needed, point me in te right direction later :D

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
should I download the strawberry now or the main download on the section above "patches"?

I will download main pack and maybe strawberry later if needed, point me in te right direction later :D
The main pack contains everything that Strawberry does, as well as the updated soundtrack. If you just want to download it and transfer one thing, the main pack is the way to go. Also, the main pack is only around 950 mb, about 200 more than the music pack on it's own, so it's probably more convenient to just download that than it is to get the updated music pack and the patch.

Honestly, the main downloads aren't in any need of patching now. The only reasons the patches are still up is for people that haven't updated and because I want a reminder to myself to patch things as soon as it comes up in a smaller download package so it's easier and less time consuming for everyone to get.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
great! just finished downloading, gonna check it now :).

good to see you are an active member and a nice listener :D

Hopefully we get new stages for the future. Ah, talking about stages, love the PTAD CE the stage is functional to the tourney eye, but... only thing that bothers me is the water not moving as if it was only a picture :(

I know the stage is frozen, but that little detail burns my sight :(. Another thing, Frigate Orpheon (the lava stage) is to red-ish, and many people just don't play it cause of red teams camouflage or just, the stage hurts of the high colors. Would like to see an alternative option there, like changing the colors and such. Thank you again for all the work!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
great! just finished downloading, gonna check it now :).

good to see you are an active member and a nice listener :D

Hopefully we get new stages for the future. Ah, talking about stages, love the PTAD CE the stage is functional to the tourney eye, but... only thing that bothers me is the water not moving as if it was only a picture :(

I know the stage is frozen, but that little detail burns my sight :(. Another thing, Frigate Orpheon (the lava stage) is to red-ish, and many people just don't play it cause of red teams camouflage or just, the stage hurts of the high colors. Would like to see an alternative option there, like changing the colors and such. Thank you again for all the work!
I actually mentioned the frozen aspect of Port City Aero Dive: CE being sort of jarring to the guys I got it from, but it's a technical limitation to keeping the stage balanced. Otherwise you'd still have cars slamming into you and weird road related bounces. I'd love for it to be changed too, but I don't think it's do-able at the moment.

Are you thinking of Norfair? Frigate Orpheon is a big blue stage with a giant alien bug thing in the background. The Norfair in my pack is the Vanilla 3.0 Project M version. I wanted t o give the new version a chance before I decided whether or not I wanted to change it. So far, I haven't experienced any jarring problems visually, but the people I regularly play with don't seem to enjoy Norfair in any of it's incarnations. That's more about it's layout than anything regarding it's look though.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
ahh yeah it's norfair lol, sorry about that.

I installed project M on my friends wii and when you press the "Y" button on GCC it turns out all turned off random stages off, and also the training room.

But in your pack, idk, I cannot seem to make it not go to the random stages, if I play random matches, training room shows off, and I don't like that :(...

can't say why this is happening as it only happens in this .pack

Hope something can be done about this.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
ahh yeah it's norfair lol, sorry about that.

I installed project M on my friends wii and when you press the "Y" button on GCC it turns out all turned off random stages off, and also the training room.

But in your pack, idk, I cannot seem to make it not go to the random stages, if I play random matches, training room shows off, and I don't like that :(...

can't say why this is happening as it only happens in this .pack

Hope something can be done about this.
The random stage selection's setup is completely based upon your actual game data. It shouldn't be inherent to my pack.

Training Room probably shouldn't normally show as on for random select anyways, since it's technically the Wi-Fi Waiting Room. I'm not exactly sure how to get it back on random though, if it was there once. There are posts on Reddit about turning it off, but none that I've seen to turn it back on.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I googled and found a fix.

Training room stage cannot be turned off on random stage select switch.

But there is a way to fix this:

- turn off all melee stages and all brawl stages

- turn on stages manually to be in.random stages

- done

If you want random stages to load training room, just turn on all stages via the random stage select switch at the top "tun all on"

Now on topic, I will test the fire mario Fair to see if red pikmin are immune to it.

Edit:

Indeed fire mario makes red pikmin not get any knockback. It even triggers the blastbox item.

Then it means that Mr. L has his attacks resisted by the yellow pikmin (Fair, Fsmash)

And Charizard X has better match up vs olimar red pikmin as Blue Fire is aura effect.

Last edited:

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
How do I get P:M CSS back? I love everything you've included except the sprite-css, it feels empty.
Also, I love the music, but sometimes the volume's too loud/soft. :/

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
How do I get P:M CSS back? I love everything you've included except the sprite-css, it feels empty.
Also, I love the music, but sometimes the volume's too loud/soft. :/
The volume should all be normalized to an extent, but if you can point out the stuff that you feel is either too soft/loud. I'll look into it to double check and raise the default/lower the default volume.

As far as the P:M CSS. All you want is to change is the pixel CSS? Probably to the default portraits?

Open up your Project: M Common5 from the default homebrew version. Extract MiscData[70] from inside of sc_selcharacter_en and import it into the one for my pack. This will change the portraits to the standard style, but will not bring back the names on said portraits. The names and the style of the CSP cards are inside MiscData[30] inside the same area of the Common5.pac. The actual images used for the CSPs are inside char_bust_tex_lz77. I don't recommend changing that as your CSPs will no longer match up to the costumes you'll get.

Edit: Sorry about the delay on this. I tried posting it last night but Smashboards wasn't letting me post.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Just making sure: if I download the main pack but I only want to change some of the characters and their respective CSPs (the larger portraits when someone's selected, not the ones you place the tokens on), I need to put their files in their respective folder on the SD card (I know where it is, just don't have time to look it up), but what file do I need to edit for the CSPs? Is it the common5.pac or whatever?

Also, the stages just need their files replaced in the stage folder, correct? I may change a stage or two but I have my own plans for music and stuff.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just making sure: if I download the main pack but I only want to change some of the characters and their respective CSPs (the larger portraits when someone's selected, not the ones you place the tokens on), I need to put their files in their respective folder on the SD card (I know where it is, just don't have time to look it up), but what file do I need to edit for the CSPs? Is it the common5.pac or whatever?

Also, the stages just need their files replaced in the stage folder, correct? I may change a stage or two but I have my own plans for music and stuff.
Yeah, it's in the Common5.pac. As for stages, yeah just the stage folder and the module folder.

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
Actually, I just wanted it to be purple again. XD Having the names there sounds good, too. I haven't used BrawlBox in a while...

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Actually, I just wanted it to be purple again. XD Having the names there sounds good, too. I haven't used BrawlBox in a while...
Did you just want the background purple or the default color scheme altogether?
The background color is in sc_selcharacter_en/MiscData[30]/Textures and it's bg_stars01.
For the stage select it's sc_selmap_en/MiscData[20]/Textures and it's MenFigure03Bg.

Did you want side panel colors changed too?

Also, at the moment, I don't remember how to remove those names. I remember it being something pretty simple, but my brain is being stupid from sleepiness. I'll post it later if you haven't figured it out already...if I remember.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's in the Common5.pac. As for stages, yeah just the stage folder and the module folder.
Cool, thanks a lot. I got the characters I wanted in the game last night, but I forgot that I'll have to change the portrait on the battle screen and also the one on the results screen. Are they in common5.pac too? I poked around there a bit to get the CSPs I wanted but not through every single thing.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Cool, thanks a lot. I got the characters I wanted in the game last night, but I forgot that I'll have to change the portrait on the battle screen and also the one on the results screen. Are they in common5.pac too? I poked around there a bit to get the CSPs I wanted but not through every single thing.
The CSS stuff is all in common5.pac.
The results screen portraits are all in Menu/common/char_bust_tex. They're separated into individual characters and you'll have to edit each one.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Your battle field plattaform aren't the same as in Project M I think, mewtwo can auto land on top plattaform with Up B while being below.it and also below it.

This discourages me as I play competitive and dont want to get used to this battle field while in the tourney it wont feel the same.

Your battle field lower plattaforms and the top are a tad lowerred than the original PM one

For me only stages on page 2 should be edited or replaced, but I love this whole pack, is the tournament experience that I don't want to alter.

edit:
On your battle fiel mewtwo can't auto land and in the original, he cans.

Edit2:
Wait I just tested, and your plattaforms are same as vanilla brawl, project M has them higher, hmmm I will put the default stage back, I removed the sd card while having mewtwo selected and it allowed me to play with vanilla stage and vanilla music

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The stage should be exactly the same as Project M's. Are you sure that you're landing perfectly?

Edit: Huh. On second viewing, that's right. Dammit. I got the stage from Calabrel's pack, updated the positions and camera and just assumed he'd have a competitive version of it. So much for that. I'll fix that.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Updated patches containing menu data and the standard Battlefield 3.0. Thanks to NoAh MenQui for noticing the difference between battlefields.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Updated patches containing menu data and the standard Battlefield 3.0. Thanks to NoAh MenQui for noticing the difference between battlefields.
So many patches. Is there a patch with the Battlefield fix? I also need to download the update so that the music loops.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So many patches. Is there a patch with the Battlefield fix? I also need to download the update so that the music loops.
The current main pack contains everything up to date except for the battlefield fix. It's about 200 mb larger than the stand-alone music loops. It's probably easier to just get that instead of doing everything separately, then update it via the current smaller patches.

The current patches are nothing except the Battlefield fix.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I already had the main pack, and then updated with Strawberry for the Dr. Wily update. I guess I'll just redownload the Strawberry for the battlefield fix, and then do I need to get the updated music pack patch on top of that?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I already had the main pack, and then updated with Strawberry for the Dr. Wily update. I guess I'll just redownload the Strawberry for the battlefield fix, and then do I need to get the updated music pack patch on top of that?
There were other changes to the new main pack, including a Mario that has both Fire/Ice gfx changes. I figure it's easier to simply re-get the pack that already has the music loops so you don't have to change anything later, but whatever you choose is up to you. I did put the new music in separately for a reason.

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Your pack is as amazing as ever. Will you consider some of the new Mewtwo costumes like his mega X and Y versions? Or perhaps his Nintendo 64 version?
But any ways I'm loving it. Here's a question. The thing is I personally love your picks for stages, and honestly want more, are you considering the P:M stage extension pack given out from Patt Anderson's thread?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Your pack is as amazing as ever. Will you consider some of the new Mewtwo costumes like his mega X and Y versions? Or perhaps his Nintendo 64 version?
But any ways I'm loving it. Here's a question. The thing is I personally love your picks for stages, and honestly want more, are you considering the P:M stage extension pack given out from Patt Anderson's thread?
I've considered the Mewtwo Y, but I haven't completely decided on it yet. As far as the Stage Extension pack, I'm not sure if I'll do it. On one hand, I'd like to add more stages, but on the other, I'm fairly picky about the stages I add and don't want to just throw extra stages in purely for the sake of having extra stages. If I can find even more stages that I really like, it's possible, but not at the moment.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I've considered the Mewtwo Y, but I haven't completely decided on it yet. As far as the Stage Extension pack, I'm not sure if I'll do it. On one hand, I'd like to add more stages, but on the other, I'm fairly picky about the stages I add and don't want to just throw extra stages in purely for the sake of having extra stages. If I can find even more stages that I really like, it's possible, but not at the moment.
Why not fit in your own stages? Or is such substitution not possible?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Why not fit in your own stages? Or is such substitution not possible?
I assume that with the stage extension, I would feel the desire to fill the list in for no reason than to have the list filled. I want to avoid that and the desire to do that. I will look into it, but I'll need an appropriate amount of new stages.

Another thing that comes to mind though, is the music for the stage extension still completely restricted to what you have on Battlefield or was that fixed along the way and I just didn't notice?

Top Bottom