• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I will fix that as soon as I can get some pictures to match it. So far I just haven't found any yet, but I plan to.
I am going to the US army Basic training on Janurary 21st, and by June I will try to start hosting smash bros melee and pm tourneys.

Your stage pack I consider using in the tournaments as I believe is a beautiful selection and has some new neutral and conterpick stages. Also I saw that the PM devs have a tournament set of their own that has the words "starter/neutral/counter-pick/teamsbanned) on the Big tthumbnail. That would be great as an optional tournament update.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I am going to the US army Basic training on Janurary 21st, and by June I will try to start hosting smash bros melee and pm tourneys.

Your stage pack I consider using in the tournaments as I believe is a beautiful selection and has some new neutral and conterpick stages. Also I saw that the PM devs have a tournament set of their own that has the words "starter/neutral/counter-pick/teamsbanned) on the Big tthumbnail. That would be great as an optional tournament update.
That could be done, but I've no idea how tourney players would designate the stuff in my pack. If I did know that, I'd do something like that.

You will be pleased to know though, that every picture for menus for stages are set up properly for 3.0. I spent a while last Saturday night working on that while Smashboards was dead.

I'll probably put up the preview that I have for 3.0 sometime this week, just to gauge public opinion.

The download will still be the current 2.6b set until next week though.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I am ok with it. Your dedication to this pack is incredible. Monday is the day, I will be glad to see the changes you have made for 3.0

I want to gather information next time I play about how I consider the stages as of which are for starter, neutral, counter pick and banned. My opinion to see how you or other readers feel about the stage selection.

edit:

http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-stage-list.336248/

This guy has a pack just like you woah haha :) I wilk stick to yours but would be nice if you could add some of the stages I saw there. You both have a similar aim, he has 2 versions, casual and competitive, the Norfair V4 with a pit seemed like a whole new dynamic, counterpick/banned material still :(

I am afraid of usimg that pack and loving it lol, I am staying with yours, but if you can divide yours with casual and competitive, I would most likeky download and support more the competitive pack.

I am a fan, so, I look forward to your response.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I am ok with it. Your dedication to this pack is incredible. Monday is the day, I will be glad to see the changes you have made for 3.0

I want to gather information next time I play about how I consider the stages as of which are for starter, neutral, counter pick and banned. My opinion to see how you or other readers feel about the stage selection.

edit:

http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-stage-list.336248/

This guy has a pack just like you woah haha :) I wilk stick to yours but would be nice if you could add some of the stages I saw there. You both have a similar aim, he has 2 versions, casual and competitive, the Norfair V4 with a pit seemed like a whole new dynamic, counterpick/banned material still :(

I am afraid of usimg that pack and loving it lol, I am staying with yours, but if you can divide yours with casual and competitive, I would most likeky download and support more the competitive pack.

I am a fan, so, I look forward to your response.
Page one stages would follow the exact same style as the standard Project M Tourney sets, stage two is going to change a little come 3.0 though. I imagine it'd be pretty simple to categorize though, given enough time.

I'm fairly sure that the project you linked to has changed into Project M: Complete Extension. I could be wrong though. A few stages in my 3.0 build are from their build. I'd recommend everyone check theirs out, they've gotten a lot of complaints about the character textures, but the stage list is pretty solid and definitely worth the time of anyone.

If Smashboards will ever stop crashing like a jerk, I'll make an edit to the first post as a preview of the next update.

Edit: Looks like it's not going to let me post a preview yet.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I will look forward to the update soon :), you have done a great job! I am so looking for Monday December 9th!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I will look forward to the update soon :), you have done a great job! I am so looking for Monday December 9th!
You might be pleased to know that the preview is now posted at the very end of the first post. I hope you enjoy it, though it's not all that's changed with my build.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This john is way different than when I first downloaded it.

Good work at keeping it updated man
Every time you say john, I always think of something bad. I wonder how Smashfans named John feel with their name being synonymous with excuses.

I change the pack often for my personal use, I'm hoping that the changes I made that I liked will be accepted well by everyone else too.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Dude, this pack looks pretty damn solid! Really liking the Black/Grey Grid. Keep up the good work!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Dude, this pack looks pretty damn solid! Really liking the Black/Grey Grid. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. If not for you guys I wouldn't have finally gotten to give three characters stage representation. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for 3.0 too.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to try shadowmoses and GnW stage. And the C.falcon stage will be a nice counterpick :). Wonder what will be the song selection on the C.Falcon stage :)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Looking forward to try shadowmoses and GnW stage. And the C.falcon stage will be a nice counterpick :). Wonder what will be the song selection on the C.Falcon stage :)
I put the songs I added to the stage under the picture in the preview. You should be able to check them out in the preview.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
So now that 3.0 is out, when do you plan on updating your pack? I really like using it for variety. The new songs, stages and colors are certainly fun to play around with. :roll:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So now that 3.0 is out, when do you plan on updating your pack? I really like using it for variety. The new songs, stages and colors are certainly fun to play around with. :roll:
I absolutely do. I just need to look through 3.0 and find what I need to replace/change. So many options now I have no idea where to begin.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely do. I just need to look through 3.0 and find what I need to replace/change. So many options now I have no idea where to begin.
I think we all believe that no matter where you'll begin it'll turn into something epic, just get to it! lol

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've been working on adapting the previous pack to 3.0 and so far it's all coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. The PMBR surprised me with the amount of costumes they added and that they added additional colors to characters so now I've got consistency problems that I didn't have before.

Because of the way that they implemented specific things, I had to change some of my plans for the 3.0 build.
For instance, I had planned on putting in the Super Mario costume over the old Doctor Mario, but the Doc costume basically still takes up that slot so I had to forget about it.
Fire Peach was surprising too, and gave me yet another slot for her, same with the yellow Lucario slot they added in.

So far, the stages are done for now. The CSPs aren't completely set up yet though, neither are the SFX in their entirety, if I decide to put in the Melee voices again. That completely depends on the amount of room I'll have to do it.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
I look forward to download the patch when it gets done :)

for now, I'll make a back up of your music sfx folder and use it with the current PM build

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I look forward to download the patch when it gets done :)

for now, I'll make a back up of your music sfx folder and use it with the current PM build
I'm actually changing stuff up for the next pack in terms of songs. I'm trying to make sure the build leaves at least 100 mb on 2gig SD cards. The PMBR outdid themselves this time and when I did a direct transfer of my pack data over to 3.0, I only had around 49 mb remaining, which is in the DANGAAAAA ZONE.

Once I have the CSPs set up in the way I like it, I'll probably release the first 3.0 pack. While it's not ready yet, I do plan to post about the changes I've made in the initial post sometime today, so hope you enjoy those.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is there any way I can get those revamps of Flat Zone, Port Town and Shadow Moses? Having CP versions of those would be amazing, and just work alot better in my mind.

Are they yours? I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Quick question: the camera on all of the stages in 3.0 has been sped up, does this mean all of the stage replacements you made will have a different working camera?

I'm definitely gonna use your pack when I finally get to play 3.0! I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into this thing dude.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is there any way I can get those revamps of Flat Zone, Port Town and Shadow Moses? Having CP versions of those would be amazing, and just work alot better in my mind.

Are they yours? I can't seem to find them anywhere else.
I posted this version of Flat Zone Kitchen in the PMCE thread a few pages in. It's not originally mine, but I did change the visuals a lil bit so it's partially my doing, as well as created icons for the common5.pac and the menumain.pac. The Port Town and Shadow Moses stages are all the work of the PMCE, which you can find in the Customized Content forum too. Though I did create menumain switch images for them for this pack once I'm ready to upload it.

Quick question: the camera on all of the stages in 3.0 has been sped up, does this mean all of the stage replacements you made will have a different working camera?

I'm definitely gonna use your pack when I finally get to play 3.0! I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into this thing dude.
I've looked through for camera data from the new stages and most of it is the same, shared between the updated versions. If there are any differences between some of the new Project M cameras and the extra stages in my pack, I'll probably port the speed from the newer levels to keep consistency.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
which file do I download to get the new pack that works with 3.0?
The 3.0 pack isn't available just yet. I'm still waiting for all the menu changes and CSPs I have to be done before I'm ready to upload a new version. Once it's satisfactory to me, I'll release it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I have posted a preview of everything that is different (Asides from the stuff that isn't done) in my 3.0 build. Hopefully that will sate everyone's thirst til I can finally make a full release.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
love the smashboards alert notficaions ^^, helps me follow this thread fully :D

Pwnz0rz, you are doing great keep it up!

I don't like the training stage, would you mind putting in a better stage over there, most likely neutral or starter taste of a stage. I think that stage will always show up on random stage pick even when you don't have it on the random stage select.

Thanks again fr everything! I would like to try the new version of PM with your pack

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I posted this version of Flat Zone Kitchen in the PMCE thread a few pages in. It's not originally mine, but I did change the visuals a lil bit so it's partially my doing, as well as created icons for the common5.pac and the menumain.pac. The Port Town and Shadow Moses stages are all the work of the PMCE, which you can find in the Customized Content forum too. Though I did create menumain switch images for them for this pack once I'm ready to upload it.

I've looked through for camera data from the new stages and most of it is the same, shared between the updated versions. If there are any differences between some of the new Project M cameras and the extra stages in my pack, I'll probably port the speed from the newer levels to keep consistency.

The 3.0 notes says all stages cameras were sped up slightly. The stage related notes are also in the OP of the custom stage thread.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
love the smashboards alert notficaions ^^, helps me follow this thread fully :D

Pwnz0rz, you are doing great keep it up!

I don't like the training stage, would you mind putting in a better stage over there, most likely neutral or starter taste of a stage. I think that stage will always show up on random stage pick even when you don't have it on the random stage select.

Thanks again fr everything! I would like to try the new version of PM with your pack
I don't really have a problem with training stage, at least when you realize that it's not in the game to fight on. It's purely for training, and if nothing else it will never show up on random select.

The 3.0 notes says all stages cameras were sped up slightly. The stage related notes are also in the OP of the custom stage thread.
Yeah, but is that in the main code of the game or is it based in the individual data for stages?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I don't really have a problem with training stage, at least when you realize that it's not in the game to fight on. It's purely for training, and if nothing else it will never show up on random select.

Yeah, but is that in the main code of the game or is it based in the individual data for stages?

That data is in each stages .pac, it has nothing to do with the code.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The first version of my 3.0 build satisfies me enough to finally release it. It's currently in the process of being uploaded and I hope it gets done at some point tonight for me to finally post it.

Every change I've made...for the most part, is documented in the original post, as is the new tracklist, costumes and more. I hope you enjoy it.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
okay, thanks alot man. Really anxious for this. Patiently waiting!!
You and me both, I'm constantly checking back on the upload % going "Is it done yet?" Once the standard 3.0 pack is done, then I gotta do the one without additional textures and then the one with textures but without music. It's gonna be a busy night.

Fathrim

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Downloading as we speak, been looking forward to this pack for a while, not gonna lie. :)

Top Bottom