• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puttin the Nessticles in yo' mouth

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Man the ness boards are kinda dead.

So yeah, last week i started gettin my ness back into shape. I went to a tourney and we did low-tier doubles, and i flat out couldnt use ness cause I didnt use him for months before hand.

Now he's back as one of my lowtier mains. Man ness is beast.

I went to fast1 and played alot of ness in some doubles friendlies. That junk was pretty epic. Wound up getting a double tailwhip KO in one match, but the hell if that will ever happen again.

___

Talk.

These boards are deeeaaaad cause nobody really played ness to begin with.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
there never was that much in the DK boards to begin with.

probably wont be much here, either. I didnt really see much from here before brawl anyways.

Makes no sense, either. People find the dumbest reasons to ditch a game.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
There was a lot of people on Ness boards before Brawl (not nearly as much as say Fox boards). Some were regulars, others popped up every now and then. However, a lot of those people moved to Brawl. I still stick with Melee though. I don't post more here because there's not really that much to post to.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i dunno why ness players all seem to move on to brawl, ness is too beast in melee.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i dont see why people try to treat the two games as one entity.

Doesnt happen with anything else.

__

But yeah, ness is pretty rapetier

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
the ness board is probably the least frequented board in the melee character specific section

i guess all the hype really died down after the syyg could be figured out...

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
the ness board is probably the least frequented board in the melee character specific section
That's not true. DK boards are worse off I think. (Haven't checked there in a while) The SYYG happened a few times I believe but it was decided that the circumstances for it to occur were way too hard to do so i was given up on.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I've been trying to get a decent ness going as a secret char. Ahaha, I did a touble tailwhip yesterday lmao, so satisfying, though the 2nd one was accidental.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i really love ness after playing him against my friend's fox and doing an u-throw death combo but i got like jv 3-stocked that match lol. ness is terrible.

falcon's dd game eviscerates you. your normally good approach (dash attack) seems really bad 'cuz he can just jump over it during his dd camping and attacking in the air with ness feels dangerous 'cuz he's easy to combo and has bad range.

and then falcon's combos > ness :(

i'd say just spaced fair spam when he comes at you and keep him out as best as you can, but for getting inside him i really have no idea.

Levitas

the moon
Scar got wrecked by Mow's ness, so that makes sense.

My Ness does fairly well against falcon. Just do what everyone does to falcon, knock him off and edgeguard.

Ness's fair does well against most approaches, as was stated.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Actually the Mow Scar match was pretty even considering Mow got that gimp kill.

I stopped play melee Ness as much as I used to cuz it messes up my brawl game + I figured out how to just spam Peach's d-smash and powershield and not get ***** in tournaments. It's really easy and kinda disheartened me from melee. I'm trying to pick up Falco now but... honestly, he's just dair spam. The only character that could probably interest me is Fox, but I suck with him. He's just too weird (I'm not talking about shine stuff, just his attacks for me are awkward).

I REALLY miss DjC

indie_dave

Smash Ace
i dont see why people try to treat the two games as one entity.

Doesnt happen with anything else.

__

But yeah, ness is pretty rapetier
agreed. i will venture that my melee pkt game got a LOT better after playing barwl ness. i think what happened was after seeing how easy tailwhip was in barlw made me want to challenge myself to land that junk in melee. now i get all kinds of crazy tailwhip pseudo-shinespikes in melee. SO BROKEN.

Top Bottom