• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing people that run away

Apocalidiot

Smash Rookie
Every now and then I play against someone (who sucks) that runs away after I finish a combo on them. Them running away really puts a hamper on my game since I can't seem to continue anything. I'm actually playing someone who does this later today and I've beat them twice already (by a large margin) but the games take too long since I can't really start anything.

Anyway, what I'm asking is what are some ways to punish someone who runs away countless times?

Justin

Smash Apprentice
What character do you play as? When I'm playing against someone and they are trying to avoid me and stall the match, I just spam my blaster (since I main Fox) and rack up the damage and then just chase them down and send them flying...usually with a DC uAir or a sex kick.

Ah, nevermind...I clicked the link from the main index and didn't see that this was in the Peach section so I'm guessing you play as Peach..

Apocalidiot

Smash Rookie
Yeah, stage selection could be huge. I played FD for both matches I think, so I might try some smaller ones like Fountain of Dreams or Mute City

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
yeah pick a smaller stage.
remember, when you throw turnips, you get more distance throwing backwards. so to throw right, turn left and c-stick right really fast.
but yeah... just try to trick the fox into getting hit? its hard though with fox.

so really, just pick a small stage

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Even on a small stage the top tiers can use hit and run tactics because of the platforms... well except on Mute City.

I love to abuse this tactic when playing Peaches but I would like to get sum advice on how to deal with that when I'm the Peach.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
bigrick - try not to make it seem like it has to do with tiers... i mean... pichu could run circles around ganon all day...

but yeah a good fox probably could pull off hit and run anywhere, thats true

SamDvds

Smash Ace
One thing you could do if they run is just start pulling turnips til u get a good one..that kills time and if the opponent knows what you're digging for..they might try to run back over to stop you.

Top Bottom