• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psycho Crusher

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Aaven, didn't we only play one match worth of friendlies at Genesis 2? We should play more friendlies if you make it to the next tourney.
Oh yeah we did, I wish we could've had more friendlies. Yeah I'm going to the next tourney if you are, more friendlies this time would be pro.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE: Gamers' Inn just got back to me and they said they'll be fine to lower the venue fee down to $2. :)

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
side event will not be super smash land. most likely will b doubles or some special doubles like low tier or random, it will b something related to brawl

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Why did they start charging a venue fee in the first place? I thought they gave you the place for free and you guys just bought snacks and stuff from them?

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
This is the first tournament that they are charging a venue fee. I guess they feel that having the most unsanitary bathroom and the most broken computers all in one single location deserves its own national landmark or something. That is probably where the fee comes from.

All joking aside though, the fee is totally stupid, as I spend a good amount of money every time on food and computers after the tournament. I have no idea why they would think that we aren't giving them business.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
how about we tell them we will give it at the end but then at the end purposely forget and walk out. next time we will have moos new house anyways. lol jkjk
whos up for it anyways heh heh

Jane

Smash Hero
if FORSURE next tourney will not be at gamers, i'm soooo down to "forget" hahahaha.

but if its not completely 100% set in stone that we have a new venue, then... lets not do that. lol

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Idk about that for ppl that do live near gamers inn that use what it has. Wouldnt want to take that away from others even though its a very very very very small thing they will lose :)

:phone:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So I won't be making it to Psycho Crusher since the r/o I put in didn't make it in time. Lets try to set dates early please... like, after one ends, set the next date... or something...

It's all good though since after I work that day I have a date with a girl who got my number while I was blacked out lolol
oh wellzies

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
I think I can make it , as of yet my teachers haven't cruelly piled on more like they have been doing, I'll make it work either way because I really want to go
how about we tell them we will give it at the end but then at the end purposely forget and walk out. next time we will have moos new house anyways. lol jkjk
whos up for it anyways heh heh
This is the first tournament that they are charging a venue fee. I guess they feel that having the most unsanitary bathroom and the most broken computers all in one single location deserves its own national landmark or something. That is probably where the fee comes from.

All joking aside though, the fee is totally stupid, as I spend a good amount of money every time on food and computers after the tournament. I have no idea why they would think that we aren't giving them business.

we should remind them that we are the smash community every time we spend money. maybe even stamping "from the smash community" on every piece of money they get out of us, then maybe they'll realize that we do buy stuff

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Nice to see some positive attendees, I'll also be going. Pretty hyped for this.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
A friend and I will be there. Maybe friendZZ--plural--but my friends are usually pretty lametastic. Hard enough to get one to go :p

Pretty freagin' excited for this, although I regret to say that I might not join in on singles.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
Singles is the best part though :(.
Actually, both things changed. Friend's abandoning me for his gf :glare: , and I came into some extra ca$h :) I will be in singles.

Hmm, now I'm waiting to see if a different friend might swing by for a few hours. Unfortunately, he works 4-9pm, though.

Top Bottom