• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psycho Crusher

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Arizona Smash Scene Presents:
"Psycho Crusher"
Tourney 2/5 of Season.

DATE & TIME SCHEDULE
November 5th, 2011

12:00PM- Friendlies/MMs/Warmups
2:00PM- Side Event (TBD)
4:00PM- Singles

1232 E Southern Ave #14
Mesa, AZ 85204

ENTRY FEES
Singles- $10 per person
Side Event(s)- $2 per person

$2 of each person's Singles entry fee will go to the venue. (Because of the venue fee, we will attempt to find another venue if possible).

POT SPLITS
20 or more entrants:
1st: 51%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 7%
5th: 5%

Less than 20 entrants:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

SETUPS

Brawl Set-ups
1. Rave Remix

TVs
1. Venue
2. Rave Remix

Recording set-ups

The Unity Ruleset
-Version 1.3-

General Gameplay Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure
Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).
Stage List

Conduct Rules
BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Users can discuss this ruleset in the thread provided here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301033

STAGES

NEUTRAL
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Lylat Cruise
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island
• Pokemon Stadium 1
• Castle Siege

COUNTERPICKS
• Brinstar
• Battleship Halberd
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Rainbow Cruise
• Pokémon Stadium 2

(Note that Picto Chat is no longer a legal stage)

CONTACT
Luis (Rave Remix): 480-522-6912 (CALL OR TEXT)
Chris (Darklink)- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)
Javier (Jard)- 602-684- 0467(CALL or TEXT)
Shawn (K9): 480-217-4701 (CALL OR TEXT)
Kurtis (Yoshiken): 480-381-1424 (CALL ONLY)
Venue: 480-507-0509 (CALL ONLY)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
wow, they really went through with charging us a venue fee... disappointing. Gamer's Inn is run by fools.

I like the title of this tourney though, I love me some M.Bison (dictator).

PSYCHO CRUSHER!

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
A $3 venue fee? That's outrageous! What are you paying for? They don't even give you enough space to hold more than 20 people, with a bad bathroom, you have to provide your own TV's and wii's, and they hate you guys. You should definitely look for a new venue.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
whatever dude, Martha Stewart is one of the sickest.

bitch has street cred, she went to prison.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Next tourney is going to be at Moo's new house he says its big as frick. Also duffy Am I going to see you for the first time since ive been down here or are you going to be a **** *********** ************ing *************. And Angela are we gunna play for the first time since ive been down here or are you going to be a really good amazing person that I cant say anything bad about because Kurtis will be mad at me and wont let me into his house anymore so i can eat toast with butter and butter flavored syrup which is one of the best things that ive ever tasted even when I was on a distant unnamed planet fighting for my life against the battle galactic smash crew called the Killing Koons Klan in a battle that decided the fate of all black people on earth, the leader klinkton Kawn , underestimating my intelengence ofcourse, Gave me a choice to save all black people or eat the best fried chicken the universe had to offer. I ofcourse took the obvious choice and got that chicken.

Edit: Dont worry because right after I sacrificed the piece of chicken to summon King Koon and his intimidating size paralyzed the leader and his troops while I beat all of them down. I did bite that chicken chicken though. It was good as frick.

BTW: The title name is still definately better than all of the recent name's that came after mine. you guys got to admit my title were tight and original compared to the ones after

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Kira, next tourney as in this that hasn't happened yet, or the one after this one

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
So with the entry fee.. what exactly does it entail? Each person has to pay some kind of additional $3, or 3 of the 10 bucks goes to the house, so less payouts?

Anyway, I'll try to make it to this thing if I can :)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
3 seperate dollars go to the venue. Entry fee for the events are seperate and whole

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
idk, I do think the OP is slightly confusing the way it's worded. I just read it and it sounds like $3 is coming from the $10 entry fee, since it's not technically listed separately.
ENTRY FEES
Singles- $10 per person
Side Event(s)- $2 per person

$3 of the entry fee will go to Gamers' Inn; because of the venue fee, we will attempt to find another venue if possible.

Rave/Kira, care to clarify?

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
ask rave what ever he says goes cause he is the hos of the tourney. btw i was taliking about a different moo. who was first gen brawl thats getting back in it. not the new moo.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
My apologies, the $3 will be coming out of the Singles entry fee.

Also, I will talk to Gamers' Inn soon to see if they could possibly lower the fee.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
it'll be fine I think. like you're saying, this won't really affect anyone outside of Top 3 or Top 5.

Perhaps since the pot is going to be a bit smaller, we should maybe consider not paying out Top 5, just keep it Top 3. It's probably not ideal since Phoenix tourneys are quite decently sized in turnout, but Gamer's is putting us in a bad position (again.)

Plus, I am not paying $15 dollars to enter Brawl should the venue fee have been separate. ($10entry+$3venue+$2potential side event)

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
So will the side event be a super smash land tourney? >:) I have my pc controller just would need another just in case the opponent wanted to play with a controller as well.

:phone:

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so, because I don't think we have the resources, as in multiple computers, pc controllers, etc.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Well i have it and 1 pc controller. Its a side tourney so the full amount of ppl never do side tournaments. Also its just going to be singles so we need 1 more pc controller or 3 more if we use 2 comps. The matches r very fast. i would love this or money match ppl if its not a side tourney :)

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
yeah I could never figure out how to make my joypad work with it so I've been giving myself cramps playing with the player 4 keyboard controls

I really want to go but I might be kinda completely screwed at school if I do... so I'm not 100% sure anymore that I can go -.- at least I wont have to take english after this...

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I found out how to do it. They set up the 1st player as the 2nd player and the 2nd player as the 3rd player on the program. U can always switch the keys on the super smash land options. Kinda hard to explain but can show u when i see u

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
$3 of each person's Singles entry fee will go to the venue.
Excuse my incredibly slow brain, but if I enter Brawl Singles is it still only ten bucks or thirteen? .-.

Duff0

Smash Ace
singles entry = 10$

3$ of each persons singles fee goes to the venue

school tells me of = multiply

you need 30$ to play

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Aaven, didn't we only play one match worth of friendlies at Genesis 2? We should play more friendlies if you make it to the next tourney.

Top Bottom