• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSST. Alloy editors gtfin here.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
IN THEORY

If you were to edit, say, subaction 3/4, and the other blank ones.. Then point to them from the actions, you'd have specials. But nothing points to the actions. So make a subroutine that checks if B is pressed, then check if up is pressed, if not check if down is. Repeat for left/right. If they are, then Change Action to the corresponding special. Put this subroutine on all jumps, waits, etc.

Has anyone tried this?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That's fine and all, but could the same be done for Shields and defence with L/R and taunts?

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
this was my idea from a few weeks ago! haha yay!
im glad you suggested a better way of doing it. i had the stupid idea of adding a ton of If blocks to like every subaction. that sounds very solid. now whose gonna make it?

humble

Smash Ace
There is probably something that will have been cleverly implemented by Sakurai to foil this plan.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I think its not so much the fact that there isn't something there in the Subactions, as much as it is we can't press the Special button. At least I think.....Never mind, TSON is better than me at PSA

Everyone bow before him and his great idea that I don't really know how to implement.

Edit so I don't dp: It was talked about a lot on the PSA boards and the Fully new character archive thread, but never really implemented.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's an event, and you would put it in a new subroutine with a goto in everything you want to interrupt into a special.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Problem: You can successfully Change Action in any subaction, but if you change to a special action on an alloy, they just stop being able to move. I had a Change Subaction: 48 in the special action 112 for zakogirl. It didn't even do that much. Instead, when I pressed the B button, she froze there until she was hit. This was using an already defined subaction (attack11), so that pretty much guarantees that this isn't gonna work. And unfortunately, Change Subaction doesn't work in subactions, so that's out the window, too >_>

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
**** you Sakurai!

But this is closer than anyone else has gotten... Maybe with a bit of help from someone else...

Codec01

Smash Cadet
I know how to make alloys do Win, Lose and Entry animations but nothing else.

Codec01

Smash Cadet
Nonononono, we cannot let this thread be lost like the other three threads were, this needs to be done!
Yeah, definately. We can't just ignore this. I have been working on Alloys for like 5 months but no success. But now is the only chance. Let's get this on fire.

By the way, I tried replacing Zerosuit Samus's model with Red Alloy's model last night, and both pac and pcs were over 300 KB. Actually, the pcs was 417 KB and the pac was 773 KB. As somebody mentioned already, if the file size is over 300 KB, it should be a success. But I failed. My Wii froze when I selected a stage with a nasty "beep" that everyone hates. If anyone want the pac and pcs that I used, feel free to ask me. Because this could be a hope.
Again, I support this thread!

P.S.
I used Zerosuit Samus because she has the biggest file size of pac and pcs according to my accurate research. Also I personally think that she has a well balanced moveset for alloys to use so if this works, it will be perfect.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
waitwhat

No, I've tried it myself, it's on Pichu's 100% idle, it works.
Eh? For some reason I've never been able to get change subaction to work in subactions >_>

Like, when I was coding ganon's sideB to let him drop you into his dtilt, I had to use a change action command to get it to work. Unfortunately, it ended up not getting used.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I have, on Subaction 1

if IC-Basic[2] > LA-Basic[200] (which is set to 64)
Change Subaction: 4
End If

And it works for me. Idk what you're doing wrong.

Top Bottom