• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Psi Magnet Lucas disscussion

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
Wondering if anyone has any updates on lucas psi magnets or intresting finds

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I like magnet pulling off the stage. I once hit someone with the magnet as they were trying to recover.

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
Well magnet makes you fall slower... any tricks that could be used for that?

Levitas

the moon
I guess the ledge get up magnet hasn't been mentioned yet.

Magnet's a little tricky, but it's not super tricky. Use magnet pulls sparingly to get out of bad positions or attempt offstage edgeguards.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
A quick question for anyone here, does anyone know a jab lock set up with magnet? Cuz I know how if that hasn't been mention yet.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I think you can absorb pikas thunder twice [Not sure cuz I haven't tested]

Magnet then magnet w/ jumping magnet :o

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Magnet then magnet w/ jumping magnet :o
Well I'm a bit confused with what you said, but if it's similer to what I said let me know. All I know is that right when your opponet is in the air you footstool (when they're close to the ground. Usually a FH will do it) and you use the magnet to cancel the jump momentum and drop down and start jab locking (depending on character %s and weights). It's kinda hard to picture but I see this more helpful in dubz rather than singles imo. Do you (or anyone else) understand this?

Veril

Frame Savant
The problem with that is that the psi-m does not lock, and has too much lag for that to work if you just let it down without hitting the opponent.

Footstool to Psi-M is a combo though.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I'm not saying that the Magnet does the lock it's the d-tilt and I realized that I made it sound more difficult and misunderstanding. Sorry :( but the second part is more of what I was thinking but it would be better if I could upload the video of the replay, but I don't have recording equipment, and my wii is broken atm. D:

Veril

Frame Savant
Dude, I know what you're talking about. Footstool hop the opponent and use psi-m to negate upwards momentum, land and begin the d-tilt lock. There are 3 problems with this:

1. no setup: its impossible to do this unless you get a footstool hop in the first place. How do you get a footstool hop? You don't, cause nobody good will let that happen since there are no combos into it.

2. Psi-M has a hitbox on release: so you need to psi-m out of the footstool hop such that you don't hit the opponent with it.

3. Psi-M is a laggy *****: and the window to start the tilt-lock is small.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Ahh.... well that is all true so I understand then. But does it sound like a good doubles technique, I think it would work much better in doubles, especially to get some early kills since jab locking isn't (well was) the only opition.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I'm agreeing with Veril, blue is awesome.... even though I don't use blue Lucas lol.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
A quick question for anyone here, does anyone know a jab lock set up with magnet? Cuz I know how if that hasn't been mention yet.
use magnet pull, if it hits, at a specific %, the opponent will knock down and you will be right in front of him , thanks to the horizontal momentum, now, it's time to dtilt lock (it is similar to the dtilt lock setup after fair)
The problem with this is that the range of this % is too low, if the % is low, the opponent won't hit the floor, if it's too high, he will end too far away from you

lil cj

Smash Lord
If your the risky type Psi magnet is good off stage when you hit your opponent, could get an early KO and get them in a bad situation

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
wavebounce a reverse magnet pull after a fullhop wavebounced pk fire. mindgames, son!

i think its power is slightly less than that of lucas' fair. i'm not sure.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
short hop reverse psi magnet, i've been using this trick a lot, and has been useful. At some point of the match, i start to spam (wb) pk fire, and when they try to approach, i use reverse psi magnet for a surprise attack! It has worked specially vs rollers (rollcario) and has stop some attacks (Peach's sideB)

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I just discovered this and it's not on the Lucas Moveset ATs so I'm guessing I'm the first?

Double Jump Cancel Magnet Pull

It's like how Yoshi has DR and can do DJC stuff. I applied that to Lucas and his weird jump and Magnet pull and yeah. It works like a pretty good stutter step. ALSO

If you DJC the ledge with PSI-M it works like a Waveland in a way but it only works with the Magnet because of the DI weirdness with it. I think that's pretty nice and I haven't heard that one.

and for anyone wondering I tried DJC with the PK fire and just got a sort of super jump with it idk you probably all knew that.<_<

I use the Gamecube Controller Melee style. If this post is repetitive in any way I'm sorry but you should add it to your AT list.:p

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's basically already known, and you also stumbled upon Zap Jump on your own.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
figured the pk fire thing and some sort of magnet bounce thing.

But Magnet Waveland is a pretty cool AT. ti catches people off guard and doesn't afraid of anything.

Top Bottom