• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pseudo Wavedash, Ledge Bouncing and more Techs

TheConfuZzledDude

Smash Cadet
NNID
ConfuZzledDude
3DS FC
1246-8704-7777
Firstly, you can do a pseudo wavedash out of the teleport. Basically, when you finish the teleport, Mewtwo will glide for a small distance afterwards in the direction that you tele'd. If you jump and teleport diagonally to the ground, but just above it, you will cancel the normal spinning animation with the normal landing animation and you can act for a small distance while you slide. I believe it can be done out of short hop if you get the angle right but I've been having the most luck with doing it at the peak of full jump. Also, bear in mind that if you teleport backwards, then you'll end up facing backwards, since Mewtwo turns around when you do the Up-B backwards.

Secondly, somewhat more minor is a trick for mindgames using his airdodge. The time when Mewtwo is invisible in the airdodge is just enough that if you shorthop directly into it, you can just about maneuver him behind, in front of, or on top of an enemy with out them being able to tell where you are going, and you can buffer an attack input. This is great for doing mixups, as you can decide when approaching the enemy whether you want to hit with a bair, nair or fair without giving them a clue. It also just so happens that the timing is just right to hit the enemy with the base of your tail with the bair, so you can easily land it by buffering it out of airdodge. Also, if the player indicator is floating above your head, they'll know where you are so be careful.

Here is a potato quality video roughly showing some of the stuff here, and stuff I posted later in this thread:

In order, I show the ledge-bouncing, pseudo-wavedash, teleporting while running of ledges, and then air dodge mind games (albeit badly)

Last edited:

Ponch0

Smash Rookie
NNID
ElegantYear
I'll have to try this out

I'm having some difficulty with the timing, but I have successfully done it a few times

Last edited:

TheConfuZzledDude

Smash Cadet
NNID
ConfuZzledDude
3DS FC
1246-8704-7777
Additionally, I discovered that if you teleport just before you run of the edge of the stage, and hold left, you'll quite neatly slide back on the stage which is useful to fake an edge guard to catch someone trying to approach you. It'll take you to half of final destination

Last edited:

TheConfuZzledDude

Smash Cadet
NNID
ConfuZzledDude
3DS FC
1246-8704-7777
I would but no capture card. I have replays which I can share if someone wants to record it for me

Also, just found something else out. If you're in the air and you try to teleport straight down when you're just above the edge of a platform, you'll reappear next to the platform and glide a fair distance in the direction you were facing. This is actually quite annoying, and it seems to be easiest when facing left. I'll try and get some (crappy phone quality) videos of this stuff if I can.

EDIT: Added some (crappy) video of this ledge bouncing and the other stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom