• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Modified Character - Eagle Luigi

LordJax

Smash Cadet
Hey there everyone,

Yesterday, when PSA was released, we decided to make some personalized characters. Our first character was a modified Ganondorf. He ended up... A little too broken :laugh: .

Afterwards, we decided to make a slightly more legit charater : Eagle Luigi - the counterpart to Phoenix Mario who was made using the same program.

Most of the moves were given a slight power boost/drop and the electric modifier. However, some moves are just plain pwn. The moves themselves are pretty much the same, but in a later version, they may change dramatically.

General buffs :
  • Speed increased
  • Friction increased

EAGLE LUIGI MOVESET

Moves given major buffs :
  • Forwards Air - Stuns
  • Backwards Air - Stuns
  • Up Tilt - Very good KO move
  • Down Smash - Lightning effect & Stronger
  • Down Air - Meteor Smashes
  • Jab - Electric effect & more damage

Moves given minor buffs :
  • Pummel - Very slighly stronger (~4 dmg) & Lightning effect
  • Up Air - Electric & Fire effect, slightly stronger
  • Side Special - A little stronger
  • Dash Attack - Stronger & last hit is given lightning effect

Nerfed moves :
  • Side Smash - Less knockback (Ergo, less KO potential) & Lightning effect
  • Up Smash - Less knockback (less KO potential)

If anyone out there feels gracious or something like that ;), and who feel like helping out our project, PM me with any info you have or if you'd like to collaborate on a character.

Things we need to know :
  • Useful sub-routines to know
  • Graphical effect IDs

Have fun with Eagle Luigi : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmbwwmzw21m

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Shouldn't you edit this more? I mean, at least CHANGE the moves. not just add effects to them and edit the damage it does.

but thats just my opinion.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Please someone make a thread to hold all these new characters before there's 10 new threads a day.

Good luck with this, but I agree, you really *should* change the attacks more.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Please someone make a thread to hold all these new characters before there's 10 new threads a day.

Good luck with this, but I agree, you really *should* change the attacks more.
Agreed with the thread Idea.

LordJax

Smash Cadet
Sorry 'bout that, but it's kinda hard given the fact that we're still LEARNING to make modified characters, okay? And by the way, if you guys are incapable of changing the moves, you're no better off, but if you do know and you aren't sharing, then we can't learn. But, that's just my opinion *cough*

Yingyay

Smash Ace
on that note....you wanna add your character to the PSA character thread?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Sorry 'bout that, but it's kinda hard given the fact that we're still LEARNING to make modified characters, okay? And by the way, if you guys are incapable of changing the moves, you're no better off, but if you do know and you aren't sharing, then we can't learn. But, that's just my opinion *cough*
dude, di you not see my epic flacon PROOTOTYPE? i edited the grab hitbox as a "BEGINNER". im seriously up there in the users of this program. and ive already done various effects and SFX. make a thread when the character is GOOD, and by good, i mean haxxed out. gfx, sfx, hitboxes, special frames, etc.

and im sorry if this sounded like me flaming you. but its my opinion, and im sure others share it as well.

LordJax

Smash Cadet
No, I didn't see your prototype, real sorry 'bout that. My point with this program isn't to make super-godlike characters, but to make characters that are at once fun to use, yet hard to beat. If you're going to help me, why not give me some help instead of flaming me; for starters, maybe you could give me the GFX IDs or how to find them out without the use of tedious trial and error? Maybe explain how to use the External GFX??

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
didnt i just say that I didnt flame you?

and i decided to make a fun character for fun. it is just a test character, and it will only be used for just that: fun. However, because I made this character for a test, I now know to use this program very well.

And it would take me ages to write up. However, I have learned what I have learned from
#1: trial and error. This is extremely effective.
#2: the responses to my questions in the Project SA Tutorial Thread. Magus, for example, helped me a lot from telling me which parameter affected the grab size.
#3: spending so much time on this.
#4: searching through the program. I have found a lot of things in just a few .pac files.
#5: Creating a test character.

My point is, to know how to use the program as well as I do, you need a lot of experience with it.

I could write up some stuff, but like everyone else, I'm working on my characters, and I'm extremely busy.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Could you give all of his Dash Attacks hitboxes different effects and soundeffects? That would look so cool :laugh:
Fire - Ice - Dark - Fire - Ice - Dark - ELECTRIC or something like that XD

greetz

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This stuff sounds pretty cool :). I like all the lightning for for sure and really hope this is implemented :D.

Top Bottom