• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Help

4tlas

Smash Lord
Hello, I'm just starting to get the hang of PSA and am aiming to make a few edits. Trying to start small and work my way up, naturally. I do know how to program so the basics are clear, its mostly like trying to learn a new language, figuring out what can and can't be done, and what has been done for me.

I am running into a particular problem and nowhere can I find a solution. I'm trying to put Sheik's needles on her sideB. Eventually I want to convert all of the files properly and have them have the right names and locations if possible, but for now I just want it to function. What I have done is copy the neutralB action over the sideB action. When I test this in game everything functions properly except when I start the move in the air her momentum gets set to w/e it gets set to when she activates Chain normally.

Any ideas? I checked to make sure everything is copied over correctly and I've read up on most everything at the OpenSA wiki, but I can't find anything.

SpenyEX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpenyEXP
I think you also need to change how it effects momentum and other actions that happen after the needles.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Where should I do that? The action is exactly the normal needle action but on sideB and all of the subactions and subroutines it calls are the needle ones. All of the chain subactions and subroutines are there but I never call them. Something must somewhere, so where do I remove that momentum shift?

SpenyEX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpenyEXP
By the way do you know were I can get PSA 1.3b? (The original download was taken down.)

Top Bottom