• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pros returning for brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey guys I was watching some classic melee videos on youtube and I was wondering which pros will be coming back for brawl. We all know gimpyfish is. And so is kdj. But how about pc chris, ken, isai and others...

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
I doubt they'd want to "come back" to Brawl. It doesn't have the draws of Melee.

Most of these guys didn't just play to become the best, they played because Smash was SO MUCH FUN.

No way Brawl stands the test of time, nobody's gonna have fun playing it at a high level (and I use that term loosely) for a long period of time.

Rash

Smash Ace
Brawl is legitimately fun too. It just depends on what a person's perception of "fun" is. Some people will consider the game just as much fun as Melee, if not moreso, and will stick with it, competitive or not.

People need to stop acting like Brawl is hopeless just because not everybody prefers it over Melee. It's a fighting game. Change was inevitable. Some will accept it, and some won't. It's up to the player. No one really loses if they prefer either game and stick to what they enjoy. Disparity isn't necessarily a bad thing. Heck, I'd consider diversity between preferences in the Smash community to be a good thing.

As I see it, Smash 64 had it's own little competitive community when Melee came out, and Melee will have one now that Brawl is out. These are three distinct games, you have to remember.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i like how this thread is becoming a brawl vs melee debate.

chillin and azen are evolving for sure. gimpy is going back to melee. its unfortunate because he was emerging as a leader in the brawl community. to each his own i suppose.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Wenn es genug Geld gibt, spielen sie sicher Brawl, wenn es nicht genug Geld gibt, spielen sie eigentlich ein gutes Spiel -> Melee natürlich

Banned via Administration
Brawl is legitimately fun too. It just depends on what a person's perception of "fun" is. Some people will consider the game just as much fun as Melee, if not moreso, and will stick with it, competitive or not.

People need to stop acting like Brawl is hopeless just because not everybody prefers it over Melee. It's a fighting game. Change was inevitable. Some will accept it, and some won't. It's up to the player. No one really loses if they prefer either game and stick to what they enjoy. Disparity isn't necessarily a bad thing. Heck, I'd consider diversity between preferences in the Smash community to be a good thing.

As I see it, Smash 64 had it's own little competitive community when Melee came out, and Melee will have one now that Brawl is out. These are three distinct games, you have to remember.
see the problem with all this nice "everybody is right" talk is that not everybody is right. brawl fails on so many levels compared to melee. there is no single aspect of brawl that is "better" or an upgrade from melee.

oh and the reason you see chillin and azen playing it is because brawl is where the money will be at, at least until it dies.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I doubt they'd want to "come back" to Brawl. It doesn't have the draws of Melee.

Most of these guys didn't just play to become the best, they played because Smash was SO MUCH FUN.

No way Brawl stands the test of time, nobody's gonna have fun playing it at a high level (and I use that term loosely) for a long period of time.
lol, you think the 'pros' would go back to melee if they could own everyone in brawl?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I really don't care. I think Brawl's fun because so much is undiscovered especially for character specifics. But I still mainly play Melee because it's what my friends like for competitive play. If the pros go back to melee there will be more amazing melee vids. If they stay with Brawl then there'll hopefully be atleast some decent Brawl vids. Either way it's more fun for me.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
NOT ONE ASPECT???? How about the fact that there are 35 playable characters instead of 4 from melee. The new floaty air system is making air to ground combos insane, its just you old pros are still playing melee. However I say go back to melee, then 2 years later go to a brawl tourny, It will blow your mind how amazing the combos and gameplay looks. Go to hell.

Catmunnies

Smash Apprentice

I agree.

Wenn es genug Geld gibt, spielen sie sicher Brawl, wenn es nicht genug Geld gibt, spielen sie eigentlich ein gutes Spiel -> Melee natürlich
As long as the arrow is pointing towards melee, I agree.

see the problem with all this nice "everybody is right" talk is that not everybody is right. brawl fails on so many levels compared to melee. there is no single aspect of brawl that is "better" or an upgrade from melee.
No, everybody is right. If I say brawl is better than melee and you say brawl sucks, neither of us is wrong. I like brawl, you don't; it's an opinion. But, if I were to say that ducks can't swim and you said yes they can, then I'd be wrong, because it's a proven fact that ducks can swim.

Do you now understand the difference between opinion and fact?

Rash

Smash Ace
there is no single aspect of brawl that is "better" or an upgrade from melee.
What's that? I think I hear a blind Melee fanboy talking.

Seriously, man. You need to know when to be logical, otherwise you'll just sound like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom