• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proof of Wario via Wayback Machine!! Plus More!!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
As many of you know, http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/INSERTCHARACTER.html is the URL for whatever character has been announced so far for Smash.

The URL for wario: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/wario.html will come up as this:
"Not Found
The requested URL /us/characters/wario.html was not found on this server."

But did you know if you put that into the WAYBACK MACHINE you get this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 6.24.01 PM.png

The URL was created on June 14th, 2013. 10 days after the E3 Launch of the website!

Check it out. Apperently a URL for Geno was Created on June 23rd, 2014 plus tons of others:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/*

D

Deleted member 245254

As many of you know, http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/INSERTCHARACTER.html is the URL for whatever character has been announced so far for Smash.

The URL for wario: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/wario.html will come up as this:
"Not Found
The requested URL /us/characters/wario.html was not found on this server."

But did you know if you put that into the WAYBACK MACHINE you get this:

View attachment 17034
The URL was created on June 14th, 2013. 10 days after the E3 Launch of the website!

Check it out. Apperently a URL for Geno was Created on June 23rd, 2014 plus tons of others:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/*
Don't know what to make of this but I see a few names I'd be pretty skeptical about...

Last edited by a moderator:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
>Neku Sakuraba
I wish

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Some seem really hopeful and realistic and then others are super sketchy. Interesting though.

Edit: Double checking it, why is there a link for "Donkey," and a separate for "Donkey Kong."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I guess it's worth noting that there is a guy named Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid...

Robmccan might just be referring to ROB.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I guess it's worth noting that there is a guy named Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid...

Robmccan might just be referring to ROB.
R.O.B. would be referred to either as "rob" or, most likely, by his Japanese name "robot".

Just saying.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm not seeing pac-man or any name that resembles pac.

D

Deleted member 245254

R.O.B. would be referred to either as "rob" or, most likely, by his Japanese name "robot".

Just saying.
They might be using code words or jokes to mask certain characters just in case? I don't know. I'm not a damn internetoligist.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
would really just guess that it saves commonly accessed urls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They might be using code words or jokes to mask certain characters just in case? I don't know. I'm not a damn internetoligist.
Perhaps they wouldn't do that because it's an official site with professional looking file names? Sure, there are developers with a sense of humor, but with all the characters so far having their pages names like them, it does seem a little too random and unlikely that they'd be creative for R.O.B.'s page.

I'm not seeing pac-man or any name that resembles pac.
More proof of how meaningless this is.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
How weird. The MGS references really make this intere--- ISAAC??????????????? ISAAC!!!!!!!????!???!

CF711

Smash Apprentice
As much as I would love to believe this because Geno, I think this was debunked a while back. I can't remember the reasoning behind it though.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Not sure how legit this is from the lack of pac-man. It's probably just people who saved the blank pages on Wayback. That really rekindled my pipe dream of having Neku in smash bros though.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Well wayback machine only has urls of payed domains. smashbros.com had to of payed for that webpage. hmmmmmm

D

Deleted member 245254

Perhaps they wouldn't do that because it's an official site with professional looking file names? Sure, there are developers with a sense of humor, but with all the characters so far having their pages names like them, it does seem a little too random and unlikely that they'd be creative for R.O.B.'s page.

More proof of how meaningless this is.
Perhaps they change the URL once it goes live?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't think this proves anything.

D

Deleted member 245254

It's worth noting that Kirbamus is a made up name I think for a PotD where Kirby had swallowed Samus.

Though this name is present on that list it obviously doesn't present the idea of an actual unique character. That alone should make this an invalid depiction of the roster.

This came up in the old Rumours thread. I think the general conclusion was that someone was being a goof. I don't know if Wayback allows pranksters to try archiving pages that don't actually exist, but that's what I assume happened.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
would really just guess that it saves commonly accessed urls.
Your sig was kicking perfectly in sync with my music...

Back on topic, this is awesome, but... Unless they're using code names I just don't think it's anything viable. Geno would be awesome though.

Charizard's not there either

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Isn't Wario already confirmed with the logo of his franchise showing up in the Smash Bros. Direct?
Well.. Not necessarily. There's a Pilotwings logo too. Mii's don't use that logo so either the stage has it's own logo or there's a character specifically from Pilotwings playable

Well.. Not necessarily. There's a Pilotwings logo too. Mii's don't use that logo so either the stage has it's own logo or there's a character specifically from Pilotwings playable
Getting a stage from WarioWare/Wario Land but not Wario himself would be the worst.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Getting a stage from WarioWare/Wario Land but not Wario himself would be the worst.
In all reality there's no way that Wario is cut.

It's only my mains Ivysaur and Lucas who seem to be getting that treatment. After the loss of Roy my heart is already fragile

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk

It's only my mains Ivysaur and Lucas who seem to be getting that treatment. After the loss of Roy my heart is already fragile
There may still be a grass-type starter that gets added in. Ness will return and we'll likely get Chrom. Let's mend that fragile heart, fella.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
There may still be a grass-type starter that gets added in. Ness will return and we'll likely get Chrom. Let's mend that fragile heart, fella.
Yeah, but it wouldn't play the same. I can guess at Sceptile but that would be a completely different moveset and I don't like the Pokemon itself as much. :(

I appreciate the words of kindness though!!

Last edited:

I'm sure Lucas still has a shot at returning. People just like to pick on him when it comes to cuts. I think it's actually pretty safe to say we could possibly get no cuts other than Snake in this game.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm sure Lucas still has a shot at returning. People just like to pick on him when it comes to cuts. I think it's actually pretty safe to say we could possibly get no cuts other than Snake in this game.
Ivy and squirtle are most likely gone

snake is in a bad spot because of third parties, but still has a small chance

lucas is cut if gematsu is real, and right now it's looking quite strong.

Ivy and squirtle are most likely gone

snake is in a bad spot because of third parties, but still has a small chance

lucas is cut if gematsu is real, and right now it's looking quite strong.
Oh, I forgot Ivysaur and Squirtle. Those two are definitely gone. :ohwell:

We're going off-topic. Let's get back on track.

Last edited:
Top Bottom