• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Promotional Screenshots for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
(Because of FD's background, I can now contradict someone on something.)

I surely love Final Destination's new design, as well as all the other counterparts of the stages being FD. I mean, it kind of does look like a mix of Soulcalibur's swords, which may or may not confirm a SC character for SSB4; if so, it's likely to be Sophitia or Nightmare.

What I really like about this is the background, which has so much detail put into it, especially the Sun and the Sun-sized planet (possibly Earth or the World of Trophies). The stars of space and the other celestial body both look superb.

Overall, I love this stage.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Tanooki Suit is in. Nice.

Final Destination is Brawl's FD on steroids. I thought it couldn't possibly be outdone. I'm so stealing that as my Facebook cover photo.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Final Destination is the single most epic stage to ever grace the franchise...

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
I think Elec Man might be my favorite Assist Trophy so far. He looks awesome.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
1- Sickest Final Destination. Super hyped to see it on my TV screen.
2- Chespin. Cool?
3- Tanooki Tail, the worst MK7 item. Should make for an interesting item.
4- Are those bees an item? Where are they from? I'd guess Zelda, but they look a little off.
5- Does this mean a Xevious stage? Or assist trophy? Is Xevious even Nintendo? Or Namco? Or anything? What about Pong? So confuse.
6- One of the best-loking Final Smashes I've seen so far.
7- okay

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So, Zss will start off matches with no suit pieces in smash 4?
This may not sit too well with Salem.

:pow:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Anyhow, all he did was eat white dots.
Admittedly, yes he did (except in SFxT). It's probably a given that neither he, nor Lloyd Irving will be a playable character in the games.

It's a more likely chance we will see Sophitia from the Soulcalibur series more than anything. She is a female and has appeared on Nintendo before, so she is likely to happen. But then there's also a Tekken character that would fill the Namco rep spot real nicely, too.

SuperCosmicSmash

Smash Cadet
I want to mention the "returning enemies section" for the new mode on 3DS. I don't think any Kingdom Hearts characters will make it, but some of the enemies in that mode seemed really familiar...

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
That stage does remind me of one of the soul calibur games. The evil sword and that soul edge.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
I love the fact that the enemy ships from Galaga are an assist trophy.... but what makes me curious is what's up with the background in the first Galaga ship's screenshot, is it a new stage?

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I love the fact that the enemy ships from Galaga are an assist trophy.... but what makes me curious is what's up with the background in the first Galaga ship's screenshot, is it a new stage?
assist-namco-3.jpg

This stage is just the WFT

Top Bottom