• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Promotional Screenshots for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A Flickr account owned by "Endless~AGB" recently uploaded four pages of promotional photos about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Some of the content, mostly items, are something we have yet to see and were not featured in the Direct.

Here are some of the images that are found on Endless~AGB7s account. Credits go to Endless~AGB for these pictures and @--- for informing me of these sets.

It has been confirmed that the images are apart of a Promotional Set and was delivered to certain individuals and companies as a way to promote and advertise the game. A number of game company will create these packages and send them for promotional purposes.

Visit the Press Kit Thread for more information and discussion.
Photo Credit:https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/

Venus of the Desert Bloom is one of the staff members for the SSB Wii U/3DS Boards and SWF's #1 Tali Fan, Follow me on Twitter @VenusToBloom

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Huh... Final Destination's right side looks a bit Underworld. And the left side looks a lot Aurum.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
What's up with that ship from Galaga? Wonder what stage that is.

I'm hoping it's just a reference to Namco property and we're not getting Pac-Man or anything like that.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Does anyone else think FD looks decidedly Soul Calibur-esque? The right side is Edgey and the left side is Calibury.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
For me, this pretty much confirms Pac-Man. Yay!

But dang, blue shell, tanookie leaf, BEES! Some awesome new items!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is confirmed to be apart of a Press Kit, given to individuals and companies to help advertise the game.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the day" is going to become so underwhelming now.

Someone should probably save those before the thing is taken down.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
So, does anyone agree that Sakurai finally listened to competitive players? He put the "For Glory" option and set a mode of "Final Destination" for every stage. I am actually proud of this feature.

Will Smash 4 sit closer to melee this time? :kirby:

Last edited:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I'm liking how much info we've gotten, and that FD is gorgeous.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else think FD looks decidedly Soul Calibur-esque? The right side is Edgey and the left side is Calibury.
I'm not seeing it at all. The left side is made up of dark purple crystals, while Calibur is white, silver, and pale blue. I'm seconding the idea that this looks like KI:U.

Plus, Soul Calibur in space? Why?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
What's up with that ship from Galaga? Wonder what stage that is.

I'm hoping it's just a reference to Namco property and we're not getting Pac-Man or anything like that.
I think that the Pong assist trophy is a reference to namco's general participation along with the space invader. (who i hope is also an assist) But really the only Namco fighter id except is Klonoa

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That was a HECK load of pics!! So.. much.. info...

Kalas

Smash Rookie
the backround of fd is amazing, but i dont like the look of the stage itself.
Also it seems like you cant do a walljump on it anymore

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think that the Pong assist trophy is a reference to namco's general participation along with the space invader. (who i hope is also an assist) But really the only Namco fighter id except is Klonoa
That isn't Pong, it's Color TV Game 15. It's a Nintendo property.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yesterday afternoon was the best part of my day. Gonna try that solo Charizard! Totally getting the 3DS version when it comes out, too.

Top Bottom