• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile MetaGame

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Samus has good projectiles, but what are the best uses for them? Discuss, I'm looking forward to what Hugs and Hylian have to say.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
The homing IMO are much better than the smash missiles. Both have their uses though. The charge is good to spam at it's weakest. It hits and stuns allowing for attacks, while the homing missiles don't have that capability. I think her grapple should count as a projectile. ;)

Pi

Smash Hero
Personally I neglect smash missiles completely from my gameplay. If I use one it's by accident.

Other than that I use homing missiles to stop edgegaurding, and to edgegaurd. To approach I shoot usually two homing missiles and a charged shot, in no particular order. Some times I'll follow a homing missile with a Zair, but I usually forgot.

For fully charged shots I've been zairing to get the hit off, or down spike them on the ground and then shoot it.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE super missiles! Tons of knockback to set up for combos, and good damage.

Instead of firing two homing missiles, I fire a homing than a super.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Smash/Super Missiles(SM's): SM's are in no way useless. After playing for a while, you should have the timing down for double missiles canceling these, which is really good for shield pressure and keep away tactics. If you are using them for keep away, its also good to throw a zair or two into the mix to add variation. In short, SM's are great as a means of defense. If your opponent shields, they lose a lot of momentum and a lot of shield. If they get hit, they lose a lot of momentum still, they eat 10%, and they get knocked back.

Homing Missiles(HM's): HM's are your go-to technique for approaches and mix-ups (along with zair of course). In Brawl, HM's last longer before exploding, and track your opponent more accurately and have tighter turning. In ground approaches, you can short hop HM cancel to fire them quickley while approaching and set up for combos and add extra damage. The stun is pretty good on these as well. Two excellent maneuvers with HM's are:

1) HM > Zair- You can do this in your approach to kill you opponents momentum, set up for combos, and kill their defense.

2) HM > Charge shot- REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD FINISHER. I can't stress this enough. Although her charge shots power got nerfed a bit, it is still one of her best KO'ers. HM's set up for a charge shot perfectly. If it hits, and you are at mid range, you can basically gaurantee yourself a charge shot hit. Also HM > down tilt works well for a KO. works the same way as HM > Charge shot, just close range obviously.

Lastly, HM's are great for edge guarding. Knock your opponent off some ways and follow up with full-jump double HM's to make them drop and get gimped, or just give them something else to worry about. In the same way, you can use them to anti-edge guard. Since they come out so fast you can fire off about three on your way back to the stage to help keep your opponent for chasing. Against Marth, only shoot two though.

In a nutshell, SM's are great defensive tools, and HM's are geat offensive tools. I use them interchangeably to keep my opponent from adapting, but this is a basic rundown.

Top Bottom