• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

MegaAntMan1

Smash Cadet
can you post a PAL version of the codes you used for waluigi, i am in europe and cannot use the codes you have posted in the OP

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Just a Minor Update, Made a small one dot add on to make the run through his right ear and his hat smoother and two more colors have been added.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3494/18473219.png

By the way, Is Waluigi going to have some sort of non storyline gimmick in Subspace Emissary like Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff? Or Will he have a specific role in the story(unlikely due to cinematics but still).

Also be sure to use The Assist Trophy SFX of Waluigi to save you half the effort of finding voices and sound effects.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Also be sure to use The Assist Trophy SFX of Waluigi to save you half the effort of finding voices and sound effects.
I can do a pretty close impression of Waluigi that I posted pages back, when they can add sounds I'd be more than willing to do whatever lines they'd want for Waluigi =)

In fact I parody a whole bunch of songs using Waluigi's voice seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Waludecai (Just recently put back up my Youtube because my old one from like a year or 2 ago was taken down due to "Jingle Bell Rock" being a copyrighted song.... I hate WMG)

PND

Smash Champion
By the way, Is Waluigi going to have some sort of non storyline gimmick in Subspace Emissary like Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff? Or Will he have a specific role in the story(unlikely due to cinematics but still).
No. However, if we end up replacing a character instead of an Alloy theoretically you should be able to use him in SSE. But no, there won't be any special events or trophies or classic mode stuff. . .At least not until he's fully functional with a full and balanced move set. . . and if it's even possible to implement (probably not)

But some of his best lines are from other games :laugh:

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I thought there was a comment in here able to edit the alloy scripts a while ago about being able to include movesets?

anyway P.N.D or Chibo, review on subspace icons?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can do a pretty close impression of Waluigi that I posted pages back, when they can add sounds I'd be more than willing to do whatever lines they'd want for Waluigi =)

In fact I parody a whole bunch of songs using Waluigi's voice seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Waludecai (Just recently put back up my Youtube because my old one from like a year or 2 ago was taken down due to "Jingle Bell Rock" being a copyrighted song.... I hate WMG)
hahaha thats rly good. if we can get some custom sound effects in i would love to use you for sounds we cant get elsewhere

il prob release everything i have rly soon cause my latest work on the project involves trying to use a new model for waluigi and putting him over a real character (the model from mario and sonic winter olympics)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
hahaha thats rly good. if we can get some custom sound effects in i would love to use you for sounds we cant get elsewhere

il prob release everything i have rly soon cause my latest work on the project involves trying to use a new model for waluigi and putting him over a real character (the model from mario and sonic winter olympics)
So, I'm guessing this new model works better than the AT one?

Sweet! So who's the character he's replacing in question? :)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice

I really hope he doesn't replace Mario, Luigi, or Wario. :urg: I have a high passion for Mario and Luigi vs. Wario and Waluigi battles.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice

I think it would be fair to replace a character in which nobody really plays at all and is a failure of a character in general.

Mr Game and Watch, move over, Waluigi should replace you.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
G&W is actually fairly popular and not a bad character at all.
Nonetheless he's a very low key character with a tacky moveset and a failure final smash.

And if not replacing Game and Watch, Replace R.O.B old snes applications and basic adventure mode enemies should not become playable characters and his final smash is no better than Game and Watch.

Get rid of the overly late comeback hacks and give us Waluigi

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Replace Mario. He sucks because I said so and I'm gonna call him a failure now and stuff.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Replace Mario. He sucks because I said so and I'm gonna call him a failure now and stuff.
You cant spam Mario god ****it

Mario is the best all round character in the game and the icon of nintendo, and if you eliminate him, you might as well get rid of the whole mario franchise in the game, and all comical aspects within the game. and without that, itd just be a *** version of soul caliber.

Yoshi, Shiek and Ness i beleive have a good place in brawl as it is. They also feature in multiple beloved games of ours.

G&W and R.O.B however are severely outdated and revamping them in my opinion has been nothing but a dead end failure.

Everyone else can stay. :/

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Don't get rid of my ROBot! You take ROB out and we'll get some other minor character.....Like Petey Piranha. Do you want Petey Piranha in SSB4? Nooooooooooooooooo thanks.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
by by game & watch. We'll get rid of a wacky character and replace him with a wacky sword character (Waluigi).:chuckle:

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I'd agree with replacing Game & Watch, I'd prefer R.O.B stay than him, unlike the other two Classic Characters (Pit & Ice Climbers) who seem to fit and blend with the cast well, Game & Watch was a very random add to me. I can remember playing Melee and getting peeved that the final Character was a 2D comical fighter. R.O.B seems out of place being a fighter (Don't know exactly what he did in the game he really appeared in/debuted) but I'd prefer Game & Watch being replaced, He's as much of a disappointment to me now as he was in Melee... Shame the AT Waluigi won't be continued but it's Waluigi no less!

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I think G&W deserves to be in Brawl because his didn't just represent a game or franchise, but an ENTIRE SYSTEM. R.O.B. on the other hand, represents one easily forgot game where he wasnt even playabe...

Leave G&W, ditch R.O.B.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to replace Warioman/Giga Bowser with him? That way no real char would be replaced...

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't Replacing Giga Bowser or Warioman interfere with Wario and Bowser's final smashes?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Can Red Alloy not be used for the new model? Alloys are usually the best to replace, since they don't interfere with texture hacks.

Say, if I want to play as Marth, but Roy is replacing him, I could play as Marth by taking out the SD Card and choosing him, but then I couldn't use Marth texture hacks.

I'm going to make some edits to get all custom Waluigi icons over Red Alloy's pictures, has anyone already done this?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Replacing Giga Bowser or Warioman interfere with Wario and Bowser's final smashes?
Yeah, but it's a lot better than replacing a whole character. Just don't play with Smashballs if you're using Wario/Bowser...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Nonetheless he's a very low key character with a tacky moveset and a failure final smash.

And if not replacing Game and Watch, Replace R.O.B old snes applications and basic adventure mode enemies should not become playable characters and his final smash is no better than Game and Watch.

Get rid of the overly late comeback hacks and give us Waluigi
You cant spam Mario god ****it

Mario is the best all round character in the game and the icon of nintendo, and if you eliminate him, you might as well get rid of the whole mario franchise in the game, and all comical aspects within the game.

Yoshi, Shiek and Ness i beleive have a good place in brawl as it is. They also feature in multiple beloved games of ours.

G&W and R.O.B however are severely outdated and revamping them in my opinion has been nothing but a dead end failure.

Everyone else can stay. :/
I think G&W deserves to be in Brawl because his didn't just represent a game or franchise, but an ENTIRE SYSTEM. R.O.B. on the other hand, represents one easily forgot game where he wasnt even playabe...

Leave G&W, ditch R.O.B.
!

I main ROB

:mad::mad:

Can Red Alloy not be used for the new model? Alloys are usually the best to replace, since they don't interfere with texture hacks.

Say, if I want to play as Marth, but Roy is replacing him, I could play as Marth by taking out the SD Card and choosing him, but then I couldn't use Marth texture hacks.

I'm going to make some edits to get all custom Waluigi icons over Red Alloy's pictures, has anyone already done this?
I'm gonna try him next

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I'd prefer Warioman be replaced in that case, atleast Giga Bowser's killable with the KGB hack input.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
He didn't really appear in a game until MKDS. W/E.

Crazy thoughts!

1. The translation tab controls strectching of the bones. If there's animmation you'd like to use without stretching the model, select a bone, put the animation in T-stance by deslecting an animation and copy the numbers of the translation in to the start of the animation you want to use. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the bones. Time consumting, but it works. I managed to give olimar Snake's bair this way LOL.

2. Angled tilts have their own parameters in PSA so you can basically give them their seperate animations. For example, you can AttackS3S Ganon's ftilt, AttackS3Hi Falcon's up angled utilt, and AttackSeLw Sonic's ftilt.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well he DID save the western video game industry. :p
No... people buying the Gyromite + R.O.B. set didn't help that much; it wasn't the best selling game in the U.S.A. at the time...

I'd say the NES in general saved it, probably because those games actually had more reason to play. I owned an Intellivision and got it out about as much as kids do a board game today.

But really, replacing R.O.B. would make me sad; replacing anything except Alloys would probably not be a great idea, as Alloys are generally more accessable and no one really complains if they can't play as Captain Falcon-clone-red-thing.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I don't really see the big deal in replacing a certain character and whatnot... just chose anyone, I've said this before but I'll repeat, by the time we get done with these projects, I'm pretty sure we'll have a clone engine out by then and people won't even remember who is getting replaced lol... you guys are making a big fuss out of nothing, be happy that he's actually giving you a new character that you can chose to play with or not...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I don't really see the big deal in replacing a certain character and whatnot... just chose anyone, I've said this before but I'll repeat, by the time we get done with these projects, I'm pretty sure we'll have a clone engine out by then and people won't even remember who is getting replaced lol... you guys are making a big fuss out of nothing, be happy that he's actually giving you a new character that you can chose to play with or not...
You know I was just thinking the same thing, then I clicked on the thread and read your post.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I looked around and heard about that Clone engine, if it's a success then that'll solve all problems of people not wanting certain characters being replaced.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for double post, but what?

You're going to do Roy next?!

...Please tell me I didn't misunderstand you, Melee Roy would be the bee's knees.
try putting him over red alloy
which just resulted in a megaton of glitches lol

edit:

progress or not? u decide lolol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
so far c falc is the only one that doesnt cause a massive amount of glitches. the only other ones iv tried are red alloy and luigi, which both caused an extreme amount of problems

Top Bottom