• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melee loads too fast thus screwing up my custom music (PM2.6b)

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
Where do I start... so, whenever I boot up Project Melee, my Custom Music screws up and instead of playing the music I put in the strm folder, there is just "scratched" noise playing - also, I edited the info. and mu_menumain. and added custom song names, which do not show up correctly.

I read in many other threads that you have to defrag or even format the SD card, because apparently that helps for some reason...well, not me.

I noticed, while PM is loading (the notification of projectmgame.com and then 'now loading') that the now loading screen vanishes in less then a second.
So I thought my problem has something to do with the loading time... And I thought you guys could help me... somehow

I use the PM2.6b Homebrew (Full Set) and USBloaderGX for starting up PM.
Also, I have a PAL system, if that has anything to do with the loading time...
Also also, the music and all worked with 2.5..

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I suggest using Configurable USB Loader instead of USB Loader GX. I doubt that your USB loader has anything to do with this problem you're having, but Configurable USB Loader is the best, most stable USB loader out there right now. Also, make sure your SD card is 2GBs or less and formatted to FAT or FAT32. The decreased loading time in PM has nothing to do with your music not functioning correctly. If you are continuing to have problems, please come to the Project M IRC for further assistance.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'd just copy everything to your computer, would format the sd and would put it all back to it. The music problem is related to the filesystem of the sd and how the info is fragmented. Formatting the sd card should fix it. Sometimes even copying out and back in the files without formatting is enough.

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
I must thank both of you. I tried to format the SD to FAT32 and copied my files over and it seems to work correctly now.

Top Bottom