• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Visual Fixing/Updating Thread [Lastest Update: 10/03/15]

Juken

Smash Ace
I've posted this here and in the Bug Reports section just to make sure that it's seen:

Sonic's run-trail was fixed (very nice job on that), but I noticed a long time ago that tthe visual effect for Sonic's forward-air and up-tilt is still red like his default shoe.

Just a visual bug that could easily be fixed by replacing the effect with a generic white "wind looking" effect. I showed pictures of a visual effect I made to the Smash 3 team about a year ago, but I had never posted about it to the Project M team itself, and the run trails being fixed reminded me to.

Next is Ganondorf's cape:
Here's a visible clipping that's noticeable while paused and unpaused:

This happens during the animation for his cape reflect, and It's pretty noticeable for both regular and Melee Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
From the OP everything has been fixed except Virtual R.O.B.'s missing textures for the jets and the cord, Giga Bowser's texture, Roy and Mewtwo's metal voices and the twist of Ike's arm.

Sonic's feet still get flat during crouch animations, Ness' bat suddenly disappears after his side smash unlike Lucas' which shrinks until disappearing, Ness' up and down smashes are lacking the yellow flashing effect and the yoyo doesn't have a metal texture, Beta Knight's cape and wings (but especially the cape) are still low in color numbers due to the compression and when grabbing a metal box his "second cape" reverts back to the default costume's cape, and Armored Ike still uses golden sword trails and the sword glow doesn't quite match his sword. Smash charging effects (sparkles and wind effects) are also missing for some characters (Mewtwo's side and down smash and Ganondorf's side smash off the top of my head).

Two other things:
Pikachu's down smash animation's transition into the idle animation is too fast.
Sonic still has problems with his effects between costumes (I think Nanobuds said that it's impossible to fix them), but another one I found apart from the ones Juken found too is that his forward smash charging animation has a white trail effect for his hand but Jet Set Sonic's gloves are black.

Juken

Smash Ace
I also think that the purple party hat Pikachu is still using the messed up CSP. There's also a lot of inconsistencies with the stock icons that would take time to fix. I'm just going to make a pack that replaces them all with circle icons instead of making stock icons for every single mod I install though.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Here's a weird one - when Diddy Kong wins, and Lucario's behind him, and Diddy Kong's victory animation is the one with the stereo, Lucario's flames will appear in front of the stereo. The stereo also flickered.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Here's a weird one - when Diddy Kong wins, and Lucario's behind him, and Diddy Kong's victory animation is the one with the stereo, Lucario's flames will appear in front of the stereo. The stereo also flickered.
Lol reminds me when Snake hits Ridley with the box via victory animation #2big

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
This happens with every character and Lucario.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser still talks when under the effects of a metal box. Also, the smoke effect on his down taunt isn't correctly placed-

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post but:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8ca51peab6rq8w/FitMewtwo.pac

- Fix for voice under the effects of the metal box: I was doing something stupid the first time I tried to fix this a while ago and fixed it right now. However it still has a problem: I don't know how to mute the KO sounds, both the normal one and the Star KO sound. It only affects special brawl with metal since when dying the metal effect goes away in normal play though. I think their IDs are right now 16CA and 16C0. If anyone knows something pls show me the way.
- Fix for missing smash effects: added the sparkles thingies for side and down smash' charging animations, changed the tiny sparkle to the big one for the start of the side smash, added the big sparkle to the start of the up smash and changed slightly the position of the tiny ones for the charging animation of the up smash. HOORAY FOR LITTLE DETAILS.
- Mewtwo's voice now plays on the up smash animation instead of the startup animation. Since the startup animation is VERY fast (1 frame), it sounds kinda... awkward when using a manual up smash or when charging for some few frames.

I forgot to mention a thing I found but couldn't fix in regards to Mewtwo: his forward throw. Instead of shrinking the grabbed opponent like usual now it makes them like... stretchy. This is because of the changes to the throw release points in 3.6 Beta. The best (and only solution I can think of right now) would be to grab BrawlBox and change in the forward throw animation how the opponent is shrinked, but without knowing the position and such of the new release points the trial and error for that is way beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
In case anyone wants it, I took all the remastered portraits and replaced all the applicable 3.6 beta CSP/BP/RSPs. I'll post a mediafire download link once I'm done converting it into an addon for convenience lol.

Since we have the remastered portraits I guess this isn't that significant, but while replacing files I noticed that DK's white RSP still has the 3.5 red tie, and that Pikachu's magician hat BP and RSP still have the 3.5 purple hat. Soo those are mixed up.

EDIT: here it is (removed link). So apparently addons are pooping out for most people in the 3.6 beta, which sorta sucks lol. If the addon doesn't work but you still want to use them, you can extract the files from the 7z folder, and then just move the "projectm" folder onto the root of your SD card, and select copy and replace. Obviously this will overwrite applicable files, so make a backup of your current build if you've customized it in any way already.

Several costumes were left with the base 3.6 beta portraits, either because they're new/changed (new alts besides Retro Dark Pit, and the changed portraits for red Pit, white DK, party hat Pikachu, retro+fusion Samus, and Betaknight), or they were in 3.5 but no BPs were available. The exception being ZSS' white and blue alts, which I felt looked a bit awkward :x That said, this was my first time getting to see the full roster's remastered CSPs, and they looked gorgeous (disregarding those two hehe)! Props to all that contributed.

EDIT 2: Forgot to replace the CSS icons lol...
EDIT 3: New (link) with CSS icons >__>

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I present to you my fixed version of the PMDT Outset Toon Link Model!

here are some pictures of him in action :

if you are interested here's the full album (big thanks to Layell for providing those awesome pics): http://imgur.com/a/e5ynX#3

here's a direct comparison of the original PM model along with the new one:

it has: fixed arms and legs proportions, vertexed hair to cover all of his head holes and custom modelled cuffs (for the legs I used codex9 work so kudos to him!)

here's an album filled with his hair holes fixes (wich I actually did a while ago!): http://imgur.com/a/ZhbdR#9

here's the DL!: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209089

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
It's time for small fixes I did some time ago and I hope PMDT will fix them in their final version of 3.6 too!

Project M 3.6 has updated Doctor Mario model with the Taiko/Codex-9 fixed model. Due to an overlook of those guys (who did an awesome job on fixing him) doctor mario capes now are all white. PM3.5 Doctor Mario capes had colors based on the specific doc recolor you were using. For me it was a nice add-on and I noticed that shortly after the 3.6 beta was released (well I am a mario main!). So I went ahead and simply swapped the PM3.5 colored capes with the fixed doctor Mario model:

here are some screens:
Before:

After:

Another small bug I noticed and fixed was with kirby Roy and Mewtwo transformation metals. Roy hair and mewtwo parts on kirby weren't affected by metal boxes, since the metals materials were totally absent on them, so I went ahead and fixed that too.

here are some pics:
Before:

after:

Here's the Download Link!: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpo3wvzz4vealku/Doctor mario colored cape + Kirby Roy and Mewtwo Metals Fix.rar?dl=0

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
This is not a fix per se but just a link to download 3.5's black gi Lucario: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tcycj8ol3hud9lz/FitLucario08.zip

The PMDT seems to have touched Lucario's alts in 3.6b. They changed the names of the materials, the name of the model (it was Gicario and now it's Lucario) and I think that's it. I can't find any other thing that was changed and none of that affects anything in the game. But it seems they did that first on the default alt and then grabbed the textures from the black alt and replaced the default's ones, but since the black gi alt is slightly different due to the different headband, the headband wasn't showing up properly.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
i'm actually working on css, since thet're not all done.
Those without alternate costumes are the standard css-

For those that do have alts are my own type-

I'll update the common5 when I'm done with the css.
This is for my own build. You can use as you would like to, but I'm not trying to take away what Codex is doing. I imagine that many of you would want the normal css anyways.
Any updates on the normal CSS icons (and BPs I guess)? I started on a few that match the size/positioning/CSS backglow of the released remastered portraits to the best of my ability, and could probably finish them up by the end of tomorrow. Just wanted to check in case they're already done and are planned as part of a future release. I can forward them to whoever on the team I'm referred to if there's any interest.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Any updates on the normal CSS icons (and BPs I guess)? I started on a few that match the size/positioning/CSS backglow of the released remastered portraits to the best of my ability, and could probably finish them up by the end of tomorrow. Just wanted to check in case they're already done and are planned as part of a future release. I can forward them to whoever on the team I'm referred to if there's any interest.
Haven't worked on it at all sorry

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
When Snake's up-b finishes, his arm is twisted as he falls, it can probably be fixed through the aniations

ECHOnce

Smash Lord

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Welp. Now that 3.6 is out, can we get hype for promises of 3.6 costume portraits starting in the works for the future :D...?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
http://www.mediafire.com/download/urqlsn7i9soel8q/MewtwoFSEyesFixes.rar

The Final Smash eyes didn't appear correctly due to some problems with the used shader (now they just use the shader from the normal eyes) and they clipped with the normal eyes (I just moved them a little little bit).
No comparison shots because I forgot to take them before the changes :drfacepalm:

There are also some other problems with Mewtwo's eyes, but they have to do with the animations instead. The Final Smash eyes don't move at all and there are some frames where Mewtwo goes derpy with the normal eyes.

I'm working on that right now.
Aaaaaaaand done.

IDK if I'll update the PSA fixes for 3.6 (fixes for no voice when under the effects of the metal box except for KO cries and some missing effects on the smash attacks) since the PMDT didn't implement that for 3.6b nor for final.

Maybe they forgot about this thread.
Just in case, @ Nanobuds Nanobuds NOTICE ME SENPAI.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
http://www.mediafire.com/download/urqlsn7i9soel8q/MewtwoFSEyesFixes.rar

The Final Smash eyes didn't appear correctly due to some problems with the used shader (now they just use the shader from the normal eyes) and they clipped with the normal eyes (I just moved them a little little bit).
No comparison shots because I forgot to take them before the changes :drfacepalm:

There are also some other problems with Mewtwo's eyes, but they have to do with the animations instead. The Final Smash eyes don't move at all and there are some frames where Mewtwo goes derpy with the normal eyes.

I'm working on that right now.
Aaaaaaaand done.

IDK if I'll update the PSA fixes for 3.6 (fixes for no voice when under the effects of the metal box except for KO cries and some missing effects on the smash attacks) since the PMDT didn't implement that for 3.6b nor for final.

Maybe they forgot about this thread.
Just in case, @ Nanobuds Nanobuds NOTICE ME SENPAI.
Dammit

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I just found out that Melee Fox and Falco don't have their reflectors. Was it supposed to be like that or was it something the PMDT left out without noticing?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I just found out that Melee Fox and Falco don't have their reflectors. Was it supposed to be like that or was it something the PMDT left out without noticing?
Melee Falco is supposed to have his(because of side taunt and the reflector). Melee Fox is also supposed to have it, the PMDT left it out of every version of his model, which seems to be a mistake(There was no reflector piece in 64 or Melee, but here it looks awkward to not have it, as there's a pretty obvious light that points out where it should be during the actual down special.)

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Just like to point out a few things:
  • Jungle Japes still says Skyloft on stage switch
  • Pikachu, Falco, Sheik, and Sonic's alt costume portraits have minor details that keep them from looking the same
  • Peach's Castle replay portrait is still Rainbow Cruise's
  • Bowser's BP/CSS icon is different from the stage/results screen icon

Layell

Smash Journeyman
some small things that need to be fixed for Dark Suit Samus

Small metal parts stick out of the booster on one side

right leg has this gap

that bottom panel has some severely misplaced textures, compare it to the Dark Suit trophy

It should be one clear panel with two buttons, and is currently.. something else.

I've already been alerting Aghanim Aghanim about all of these (except the last one), so he'll probably get to it eventually. But I'm sure some of the PMDT would appreciate knowing this with that update coming soon, since I am sure they might be able to fix the cannon faster.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Three more things, check the monitors on the right side of the screen that say "Project M" in PS2. You'll know what's wrong there. The song text for Theme of Love misreads as "SBBB Version". And Party Hat Pikachu's metal is badly textured on its left face. (can't really insert images)

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
necroposting to find out if there's anything in here i should download for 3.6 final? everything fixed?

also rip codex ;_;

Top Bottom