• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unofficial Forwarder Channel

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
ATTENTION: This is for homebrew users ONLY. Also, you will still need the project m to already be working properly before you can use this. And it does require the launcher to be on the sd card.

Hey, so after working on it for a good while yesterday, I finally got a forwarder channel to work with the new launcher. You can download the wad at http://www.mediafire.com/download/27g8z1dr899b6xv/pmperfectmeow.wad. All you have to do is install it with WAD Manager. It takes up the channel ID SSBB, which is also used by Xenozoa's forwarder for gecko os project m. If you really need me to change the channel ID, please just ask here.

EDIT: I've now added music to the channel banner. :)
EDIT 2: I think I've gotten rid of that bug that happens when you press the + and - buttons rapidly to get to my channel. Also, I've made the music fade out properly now :)
EDIT 3: Ok, I finally figured out how to replace that Simple Forwarder Channel Creator loading screen.
EDIT 4: Thanks to meow, we now have way better images for the banner and loading screen.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I tried to install the channel, and it worked! However, the music for the channel didn't play, so it's basically just like how it was in the first release. Do you know why it doesn't play the Killer Instinct music? (I installed the channel with Multi-Mod Manager if that helps.)

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
I tried to install the channel, and it worked! However, the music for the channel didn't play, so it's basically just like how it was in the first release. Do you know why it doesn't play the Killer Instinct music? (I installed the channel with Multi-Mod Manager if that helps.)
Looks like the forum software messed up and kept the old link, but displayed the new link. Try redownloading now.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
I tried the launcher and I couldn't get it to work. I was able to get the channel to pop up but once I start I get taken back to the Wii Menu. Any advice?

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
I tried the launcher and I couldn't get it to work. I was able to get the channel to pop up but once I start I get taken back to the Wii Menu. Any advice?
You need to have the launcher working before this channel will work.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Oh I made a mistake in my wording. I do have a working launcher. Question. Can I have the launcher on a different SD card from the file that you uploaded?

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
Oh I made a mistake in my wording. I do have a working launcher. Question. Can I have the launcher on a different SD card from the file that you uploaded?
Once you install the wad file, you don't need the wad file anymore.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I didn't change the volume from the site that had the music that was linked to on reddit. Are you sure your tv volume isn't too high?
My volume was perfect, and all of the other Wii channels sound fine to me. However, the Project M Launcher Channel was clearly blarring compared to the others, and I redownloaded the musicless channel for now so my ears don't hurt much anymore. XD

If it's not loud on yours, then that's good for you, but it would be nice if you tested the channel first before you uploaded.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Still no luck :/ I downloaded the updated version with the music (works btw) but it still doesn't allow me to boot up the launcher. I currently am booting up the launcher with the Letterbomb trick PMBR talked about. Could it be possible that those files are preventing me from doing this?

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
My volume was perfect, and all of the other Wii channels sound fine to me. However, the Project M Launcher Channel was clearly blarring compared to the others, and I redownloaded the musicless channel for now so my ears don't hurt much anymore. XD

If it's not loud on yours, then that's good for you, but it would be nice if you tested the channel first before you uploaded.
I did test the channel first on mine, and it wasn't too loud to me. I'll try to work on the lower volume during the next couple days.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
Still no luck :/ I downloaded the updated version with the music (works btw) but it still doesn't allow me to boot up the launcher. I currently am booting up the launcher with the Letterbomb trick PMBR talked about. Could it be possible that those files are preventing me from doing this?
Like I said in the first post, you need to be a homebrew user for this to work. That means you have to be using the homebrew version of projectm. The letterbomb trick is for the hackless version :p

meow

Smash Apprentice
The wii bugs out if I select another channel and press + or - to navigate to the Project M channel.
It says, "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting".
Also the music is kinda loud.

EDIT: I tested your low volume one and it's a lil' too low haha.

Last edited:

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
The wii bugs out if I select another channel and press + or - to navigate to the Project M channel.
It says, "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting".
Also the music is kinda loud.

EDIT: I tested your low volume one and it's a lil' too low haha.
Alright, I didn't get that problem when I was using + and - to get through the channels, but here is a wad with medium volume: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r721m9e4q7n77o4/pmmedvol.wad (Also not tested)

meow

Smash Apprentice

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The volume is much better now thanks! Sounds the same in volume when compared to Brawl's channel. Also, you have to go back and forth at least twice to get the error. It's not a big deal and will rarely happen. Maybe it's just my wii though...
No, I got the error too. I was so scared at first, but I turned the Wii back on and nothing seemed to actually get corrupted. I deleted the channel for now, though, because I don't want to screw up my Wii when I don't have to.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
No, I got the error too. I was so scared at first, but I turned the Wii back on and nothing seemed to actually get corrupted. I deleted the channel for now, though, because I don't want to screw up my Wii when I don't have to.
I was unable to produce the error. I tried mashing + and - to get to the channel and back. Out of curiosity, did you two have Xenozoa's forwarder installed before installing mine? Also, to get the error, do you have to actually press start? It's probably a smart idea to get bootmii as boot2 or priiloader installed, and make a nand backup :p

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I was unable to produce the error. I tried mashing + and - to get to the channel and back. Out of curiosity, did you two have Xenozoa's forwarder installed before installing mine? Also, to get the error, do you have to actually press start? It's probably a smart idea to get bootmii as boot2 or priiloader installed, and make a nand backup :p
No, I haven't used Xenozo425's channel before because I use Riivolution instead. (I'm thinking of switching over to the official Project M launcher now, since it also supports more than 2 GB.) IIRC, the error triggered when I clicked on one of my games, then I scrolled by pressing - to get to the Project M Launcher channel. When the Project M Launcher channel was supposed to show up, it showed the error message that meow posted instead.

Do you know what program Xenozoa425 used to create his channel? If you do, then maybe you could recreate it using his method, since I never heard of any problems with his channel launcher.

meow

Smash Apprentice
No, I haven't used Xenozo425's channel before because I use Riivolution instead. (I'm thinking of switching over to the official Project M launcher now, since it also supports more than 2 GB.) IIRC, the error triggered when I clicked on one of my games, then I scrolled by pressing - to get to the Project M Launcher channel. When the Project M Launcher channel was supposed to show up, it showed the error message that meow posted instead.

Do you know what program Xenozoa425 used to create his channel? If you do, then maybe you could recreate it using his method, since I never heard of any problems with his channel launcher.
Did you have a Riivolution wad too? I also used Riivolution but not anymore. My Riivolution channel is still hanging around though. Maybe that's the cause? Also @ sonicrules1234 sonicrules1234 is it possible to edit the Loading screen before the Project M launcher? I'd like to change it to all black and just say "Loading..." in P:M font. I can do this myself, if you tell me how to.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
Did you have a Riivolution wad too? I also used Riivolution but not anymore. My Riivolution channel is still hanging around though. Maybe that's the cause? Also @ sonicrules1234 sonicrules1234 is it possible to edit the Loading screen before the Project M launcher? I'd like to change it to all black and just say "Loading..." in P:M font. I can do this myself, if you tell me how to.
I have the riivolution channel installed too, but I didn't use a wad to install it. As for the loading screen, I've been looking for a way to get rid of the image. Simple Forwarder Channel Creator forced it on me, but I was able to change the banner and icon with customizemii. I had tried using customizemii's built in forwarder dol, but it would always core dump as soon as it finished loading the launcher. It hasn't helped that gbatemp has been down recently either.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie

The channel requires the official launcher to be working.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The channel requires the official launcher to be working.
No durr, I already had the Launcher working. I didn't even say that the launcher wasn't working, it's just that the channel forwarder is screwed up and can potentially brick a Wii.

Also, different channels like Riivolution being installed shouldn't affect the Project M channel forwarder in any way. Hopefully you can work out this problem soon, because while the convenience is awesome, the instability is not.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
No durr, I already had the Launcher working. I didn't even say that the launcher wasn't working, it's just that the channel forwarder is screwed up and can potentially brick a Wii.

Also, different channels like Riivolution being installed shouldn't affect the Project M channel forwarder in any way. Hopefully you can work out this problem soon, because while the convenience is awesome, the instability is not.
Well, I was finally able to reproduce the bug, but I have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes I can reproduce it, sometimes I can't. But the question about Xenozoa's forwarder is relevant because it used the same channel ID as my forwarder does.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was finally able to reproduce the bug, but I have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes I can reproduce it, sometimes I can't. But the question about Xenozoa's forwarder is relevant because it used the same channel ID as my forwarder does.
yours is nicer and has cool music anyways
update this if you can figure out how to edit the loading screen though!

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie

Ok, I think I finally got rid of that bug. I tested it on my own wii, and mashed as much as I could, and tried doing it the way that had gotten me the error before. The error did not come back :D The new link is in the first post, and I'll also paste it here for your convenience. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c76yp7b94d6tr10/pmmedvolgood.wad

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
yours is nicer and has cool music anyways
update this if you can figure out how to edit the loading screen though!
Good news, I finally figured out how to replace the bad loading screen. Take a look at http://www.mediafire.com/download/91739a8pn4sg2zf/pmperfect.wad .
If you still want to customize yours with the images you wanted, I need 2 png files, one for widescreen, one for normal. The normal one should be 640x480. Then, you should create the widescreen one as an 832x480, and then shrink it down to 640x480. This is on purpose, as the forwarder will stretch it back out on widescreen tv's so it looks normal.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Good news, I finally figured out how to replace the bad loading screen. Take a look at http://www.mediafire.com/download/91739a8pn4sg2zf/pmperfect.wad .
If you still want to customize yours with the images you wanted, I need 2 png files, one for widescreen, one for normal. The normal one should be 640x480. Then, you should create the widescreen one as an 832x480, and then shrink it down to 640x480. This is on purpose, as the forwarder will stretch it back out on widescreen tv's so it looks normal.
Wow great job man! I tested it out and no glitches! Could you replace the loading screen with this for me please?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqhjeqaowh0zy9h/lBKAYApatl#/
I made an updated Project M background one (the one that's used in the launcher). Can you replace that for the main channel too?
The ones with WS in the filename are the widescreen ones btw.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
Wow great job man! I tested it out and no glitches! Could you replace the loading screen with this for me please?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqhjeqaowh0zy9h/lBKAYApatl#/
I made an updated Project M background one (the one that's used in the launcher). Can you replace that for the main channel too?
The ones with WS in the filename are the widescreen ones btw.
Sorry for not telling you earlier, but the background/banner for the main channel has to be 608x456 and doesn't need a widescreen version. If you make me this, I'll use the images for the channel I link to at the top. Your images are much better than mine. xD

meow

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not telling you earlier, but the background/banner for the main channel has to be 608x456 and doesn't need a widescreen version. If you make me this, I'll use the images for the channel I link to at the top. Your images are much better than mine. xD
It's alright I only assumed :p
I updated my dropbox link, and yeah I took the images off of the website (That's how I got the triangle background, had to view page source and look through the HTML and stuff). If only I could find out what font Project M uses on their logo now. I would have used that for "Loading" instead of their old main font.

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie
It's alright I only assumed :p
I updated my dropbox link, and yeah I took the images off of the website (That's how I got the triangle background, had to view page source and look through the HTML and stuff). If only I could find out what font Project M uses on their logo now. I would have used that for "Loading" instead of their old main font.
Thanks! Here's the new link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/27g8z1dr899b6xv/pmperfectmeow.wad . Tell me how it looks to you.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
This is perfect... But you know what would make it more perfect? The official unofficial Project M theme song Stand Up be The Prodigy. Or some other Smash related song. I really like that song in the last channel loader.

Top Bottom