• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Btw...Is the link to the betatest been updated cause I haven't been keeping up to speed lately

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
the one with lucina wasnt released lol giant peach was probably joking

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
See, I told you that presentation is everything in recruiting people and achieving confidence... look at you now! I've deen lurking ever since you linked me this thread, and I've seen great development. You've improved, still a little quirky, but miles better than before.

jasgx, I wish you, and your team a great success in your project... keep at it champs, I'm observing this page now.

Tip: Modding groups use skype to communicate with each member, its pretty helpfull in maintaining secrecy and is ton more convenient with communication, you really should consider using it.

Last edited:

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
See, I told you that presentation is everything in recruiting people and achieving confidence... look at you now! I've deen lurking ever since you linked me this thread, and I've seen great development. You've improved, still a little quirky, but miles better than before.

jasgx, I wish you, and your team a great success in your project... keep at it champs, I'm observing this page now.

Tip: Modding groups use skype to communicate with each member, its pretty helpfull in maintaining secrecy and is ton more convenient with communication, you really should consider using it.
I could set up a skype chat if everybody was interested

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Yeah checked out the costumes and some I want to be entirely different chars
No hunter tho

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Bowser jr ,greninja, and skull kid are gunna be completely different characters once I find a bowser jr psa, greninja psa, and toon link rel comes out

No shadow Mario and no hammer bros tho

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Jasgx. Have you considered using PhantomWing's Stage Expansion Code to make extra stages in Unbound?
Yes I believe i mentioned we were gunna expand our stages like 8 pages ago

Sadly One of our Own Team Members Rockman is Retiring From Brawl Hacking
Sad to say there are now 2 Playtester spots open OP has been updated to show who's on team

Last edited:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Do the stage expansion codes work with BrawlEx?
Yeah PW's stage expansion works , just don't try to use Dant's ASL code with BrawlEx.
With the Project M's SSS though I suspect it will take a fair amount more editing.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Yeah PW's stage expansion works , just don't try to use Dant's ASL code with BrawlEx.
With the Project M's SSS though I suspect it will take a fair amount more editing.
I actually have 32 expansion stages in my personal build, so it's not as hard as one might think. I used libertyne's Classic Expansion Pack as a base, though, so maybe we could use it as a base, too.

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Umm Jasgx, did that sawnd file come directly from the Lucina PSA (ie did you rename it from 26.sawnd?)

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
Bowser jr ,greninja, and skull kid are gunna be completely different characters once I find a bowser jr psa, greninja psa, and toon link rel comes out

No shadow Mario and no hammer bros tho
Would you put them I'm as costumes for now? How hard it it to edit that? The only psa we have for those guys is skull kid and we can't even use it

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Mabye I believe their is a bowser jr psa tho I'm looking for it and a greninja psa is being created by someone on the kc-mm so I'm waiting on him

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this could be a problem. That sawnd file was designed to replace Marth's sfx, not SSE Petey's; this leads to two problems:

1. Each and every sound has to replace an existing sound by Petey (if it's sawnd 320) and there simply aren't enough sounds. This could possibly be circumvented by using a different boss, but each and every sound you replace has to be equal to or lesser quality (size) than the sound it's replacing. A tedious task if it works at all

2. Because of using a different soundbank/order than was originally intended, you'll have to manually edit every move in the PSA so that it pulls from the new sound location, rather than the old. That's definitely feasible, but will take a really long time.

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
Mabye I believe their is a bowser jr psa tho I'm looking for it and a greninja psa is being created by someone on the kc-mm so I'm waiting on him
Oh okay that's sweet. Would you want me to put that those 3 are confirmed in the trailer?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Sure about the trailer
For the sfx couldn't you replace marth sfx with Lucina then put the regular marth sfx over a boss then change the marth to load marth sfx over a boss

Last edited:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
For the sfx couldn't you replace marth sfx with Lucina then put the regular marth sfx over a boss then change the marth to load marth sfx over a boss
You could; it wouldn't be any easier though. You'd still have to selectively replace sounds from the boss with smaller sounds from Marth (and you probably won't get them all) and the edit every move in the PSA to pull from a different sound.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Hmm is there any easy way to have Lucina sfx but not replace marths

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Hmm is there any easy way to have Lucina sfx but not replace marths
Not that I know of. The whole problem is that you can't just replace a soundbank with something else, you have to replace each individual sound it contains with one that is the same size. This means that A. The sounds will be different than the PSA expects, so even when you edit the fighter config to load the right soundbank, the PSA won't know what to do with it. And B. The problem with boss soundbanks is they have very few sounds so a lot of Lucinia's original sfx are going to have to pull from the common sfx all fighters can use.

It's all possible, but it takes a really long time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom