• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project m troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright, closing the project m thread.. not cool.

I start up the installer but it does NOTHING, like it literally opens the dos window then closes it. Lock thread if you must but at least give me an answer or point me in the right direction.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i downloaded it...
it supposedly installed...
nothing on the sd card looked different...
i run gecko os and the game just runs brawl >.>

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
i downloaded it...
it supposedly installed...
nothing on the sd card looked different...
i run gecko os and the game just runs brawl >.>
The installer needs to access a server. That server got overloaded within 15 seconds of the set being released. There will be a mirror up shortly. This is all in the PM thread.

Working on it.

We're putting P:M on multiple mirrors to help alleviate this issue

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
What I don't understand is why we absolutely NEED an installer right now. The majority of us can easier use a zip and the rest can wait a bit. My friend uploaded it to Megaupload and the I was banned for no reason for mentioning it. Kind rude if you ask me >_>

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was able to get the files by going to the direct URL of the zip on smashmods. It might take a few tries, but if you're lucky you can get all the files from there without the installer.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The installer worked fine for me.
totally playing PM right now, dood.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
my installer installed the Pac files.. but didnt give me a GCT.. i tryed even redownloading the INstaller.. and its talking about it doesnt work with 64bit platforms..i try it on a 32 bit platform.. and it just doesnt work..>_> im very confused.. though im sure the situation is underway on being fixed... i just hope i can be playing PM very soon.

Edit: oh the installer also sometimes downloads the zip files and then errors on the unpacking.. so it deletes the zip file.. which is also pretty annoying..

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
If you weren't able to get it from the exe you are screwed until tomorrow. I WOULD post a link that included all the files you needed, but obviously the devs don't want me to post it since when I was posting it earlier I was banned from the chat. IDK why I can't just give you the files, but meh whatever. It's their "changing a game they don't own the rights to", not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom