• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Stage Discussion Thread

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wait how do I use that lakora thing? I plan on putting Clock Tower over Rainbow Cruise, do I download the program or what cuz it just takes me to a page that says "Error: please specify the base .rel (base)"
In the left column, choose the stage that the new one is originally meant to go over (For the Clock Tower, Pirate Ship). In the right column, choose the one that you want to put it over (in this case, Rainbow Cruise). After that, you just download the .rel and put everything into their proper folders. It's an online converter, so you don't have to download a program or anything like that.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just gonna throw out my own personal stage want list.
Don't mind me.

I NEED back termina bay. With none of the brawl water mechanics.
I personally want back Melee's Mute city. I always played there a lot but I almost never play at the brawl version.
I loved Mushroom kingdom 1 and 2 from melee as well.
I want luigi's mansion back. I'd like to keep dracula's castle at the same time though.
Spear Pillar. #Shotsfired
Warioware with microgames.
Peach's castle (64) WITH THE BUMPER.
I wouldn't mind replacing Big Blue with Mute City. For my build, I replaced Pictochat with Balanced Brawl's Luigi's Mansion.

Great Bay vs. Temple, that one's kinda tough.

I'd be for Spear Pillar if it was modified a bit. Like if the background Pokemon were just there for looks and didn't impact my play >>;
There's a Spear Pillar exactly like that here: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-new-12-stage-expansion-pack-peachs-castle.341969/

I extracted the stage files and icons, ported them over Saffron, and now I have a Spear Pillar I can enjoy if I don't want hazards.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
In the left column, choose the stage that the new one is originally meant to go over (For the Clock Tower, Pirate Ship). In the right column, choose the one that you want to put it over (in this case, Rainbow Cruise). After that, you just download the .rel and put everything into their proper folders. It's an online converter, so you don't have to download a program or anything like that.
Wait so what do I do with the Clock Tower files I downloaded then? I don't know what to do with the st_dxrcruise file I got from Lakora in that case...

Sorry if I sound like I'm pestering, outside of replacing Mario Circuit with Bowser's Castle this stage modding is new to me, heh.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wait so what do I do with the Clock Tower files I downloaded then? I don't know what to do with the st_dxrcruise file I got from Lakora in that case...

Sorry if I sound like I'm pestering, outside of replacing Mario Circuit with Bowser's Castle this stage modding is new to me, heh.
It's fine, it's fine. st_dxrcruise.rel goes in the modules folder. STGDXRCRUISE.pac goes in the stage/melee folder. Anything else is probably a cosmetic change like portraits, which you would use BrawlBox to replace.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It's fine, it's fine. st_dxrcruise.rel goes in the modules folder. STGDXRCRUISE.pac goes in the stage/melee folder. Anything else is probably a cosmetic change like portraits, which you would use BrawlBox to replace.

OHH I understand now. Thanks a lot, Bowser's Castle and .brstm replacement are the only things I know how to mod so I wasn't expecting to have to deal with a .rel file.

No I understand everything thanks for your help.

...So I guess this means the thread can get back to stage discussion and ignore this, heh

Shin F.

Smash Master
OHH I understand now. Thanks a lot, Bowser's Castle and .brstm replacement are the only things I know how to mod so I wasn't expecting to have to deal with a .rel file.

No I understand everything thanks for your help.

...So I guess this means the thread can get back to stage discussion and ignore this, heh
You only really need a .rel if the stage you're replacing isn't the one your new stage was made for. Since you want a stage based on Pirate Ship to go over Rainbow Cruise, you need a rel. Keep in mind that unless you change the name and portraits in common5.pac with BrawlBox, it'll still look like Rainbow Cruise on the stage select screen, although the stage will load as Clock Tower when you pick it.

You're welcome! If you need any more help with anything, you can always PM me.

You know, if we can have a Castlevania stage, I wonder what other series not in Brawl would have some good stages. Can anyone think of anything? Maybe one of the older Final Fantasies that were made for Nintendo systems. Temple of Fiends / Chaos Shrine?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
You only really need a .rel if the stage you're replacing isn't the one your new stage was made for. Since you want a stage based on Pirate Ship to go over Rainbow Cruise, you need a rel. Keep in mind that unless you change the name and portraits in common5.pac with BrawlBox, it'll still look like Rainbow Cruise on the stage select screen, although the stage will load as Clock Tower when you pick it.

You know, if we can have a Castlevania stage, I wonder what other series not in Brawl would have some good stages. Can anyone think of anything? Maybe one of the older Final Fantasies that were made for Nintendo systems. Temple of Fiends / Chaos Shrine?
This is a REALLY obscure request but for some reason I really want a stage based on Mr. Gimmick on NES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPHdEEBfEI

I mean that game is so colorful and wonderful I want it in Smash Bros so badly.

Maybe we could have a Blaster Master stage (that game has a lot of cool areas that may adapt into 3D.)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

Yeah! Here's where we can get crazy lol. Chaos Temple sounds good (any of the Final Fantasies before 7 would be appropriate), but maybe the Magitek Factory from FF6 would be cool too. Can't find a good pic of the room I want, the one where you find a whole lot of Espers encased in tubes before you meet with Cid.

Also, what about a Dragon Quest stage? I'm more of a (part of a very small number of :( ) Dragon Quest fan than a Final Fantasy one, though I do like Final Fantasy. Since DQ 9 is on Nintendo DS maybe we can get one based on the Observatory?

Shin F.

Smash Master
This is a REALLY obscure request but for some reason I really want a stage based on Mr. Gimmick on NES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPHdEEBfEI

I mean that game is so colorful and wonderful I want it in Smash Bros so badly.

Maybe we could have a Blaster Master stage (that game has a lot of cool areas that may adapt into 3D.)
Yeah! Here's where we can get crazy lol. Chaos Temple sounds good (any of the Final Fantasies before 7 would be appropriate), but maybe the Magitek Factory from FF6 would be cool too. Can't find a good pic of the room I want, the one where you find a whole lot of Espers encased in tubes before you meet with Cid.

Also, what about a Dragon Quest stage? I'm more of a (part of a very small number of :( ) Dragon Quest fan than a Final Fantasy one, though I do like Final Fantasy. Since DQ 9 is on Nintendo DS maybe we can get one based on the Observatory?

I'd be happy with some Blaster Master or Dragon Quest stages, for sure! They're classics, and both have associations with Nintendo, so they'd both be very fitting I think. The top of that observatory looks tailor-made for Smash!

Edit 1: Also, I've just started watching that Mr Gimmick video, and I'm not far yet, but I have to say, that music in it is awesome and the one stage with gameplay I've seen looks incredibly fun!

Edit 2: Everything about it reminds me so much of Mega Man, it's unbelievable!

Edit 3: (Still only half way into the video) Why is this thing not a series?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'd be happy with some Blaster Master or Dragon Quest stages, for sure! They're classics, and both have associations with Nintendo, so they'd both be very fitting I think. The top of that observatory looks tailor-made for Smash!

Edit 1: Also, I've just started watching that Mr Gimmick video, and I'm not far yet, but I have to say, that music in it is awesome and the one stage with gameplay I've seen looks incredibly fun!

Edit 2: Everything about it reminds me so much of Mega Man, it's unbelievable!

Edit 3: (Still only half way into the video) Why is this thing not a series?
Gimmick only came out in Japan and Europe and is a pretty rare game in itself (200 bucks on Ebay.) It was cancelled in the US before release. The Japanese version has a kickass soundchip that adds another track to the music.

I highly recommend you play it on an emulator. It's worth it.

EDIT: Anyone else want a Joy Mech Fight stage if Sukapon gets in?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
I've never met a single person that enjoyed Summit as it was. Sort of like Orpheon or Big Blue)
Nice to meet you, I like all three of those stages especially frigate orpheon, they should add a ledge to the right edge though

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
I've never met a single person that enjoyed Summit as it was. Sort of like Orpheon or Big Blue)

What, people don't like Orpheon? It's pretty much my favourite Page 2 stage. The stage flip is so easy to avoid and heavily indicated that It's really hard to die to it. Like wiiztec said, all it really needs is a ledge on the right side.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Urban Champion stage pls.

Actually it'd be pretty fun with the manholes and all. Plus it'd be viable.

Also on the topic of disliked stages...

Frigate Orpheon is alright, it just needs a few adjustments to make it a little less stupid (especially when the stage flips over.)

Summit is dumb especially when it's scrolling. There needs to be a way to make that stage fun and hectic but fair at the same time.

Big Blue is stupid and it will always be. They'll never get rid of it because it's Big Blue.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
What they should add to make me happy? A freaking Luigi's Mansion texture over Dracula's Castle. Also I want Bowser's Castle.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Urban Champion though
i'd like that stage. I'd never have to play urban champion in it's utter rawness ever again...

i already went over my frustrations in the clone engine thread

it ended with this:

Picture 8.png

but yeah i'd want a stage. it'd be simple, with two manholes and walk off edges

heck, i'd go make it in brawlbox right now if i could.

it's also a nice nod to the NES era and could replace summit or frigate orpheon (maybe brinstar)

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I still think Summit needs to be changed a bit. I'd MS Paint the hell out of it right now if I could to show what I mean.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Yeah. And the wall ice chunk and the breakable ice chunk. Keep the clouds though.
Heck, the layout should just change in general to a tri-platform layout like battlefield with the iceberg holding up the platforms.

It should still move though, and maybe tilt less but faster

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Heck, the layout should just change in general to a tri-platform layout like battlefield with the iceberg holding up the platforms.

It doesn't need to be full on battlefield layout. If you keep all the extra platforms but take out the unnecessary walls and breakable ice chunk, you have something similar to battlefield but with a top platform larger than the rest and off to the left.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

It doesn't need to be full on battlefield layout. If you keep all the extra platforms but take out the unnecessary walls and breakable ice chunk, you have something similar to battlefield but with a top platform larger than the rest and off to the left. It could be something. Does Summit still have slippy floors? It should.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to be full on battlefield layout. If you keep all the extra platforms but take out the unnecessary walls and breakable ice chunk, you have something similar to battlefield but with a top platform larger than the rest and off to the left. It could be something. Does Summit still have slippy floors? It should.
It does.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
This would be My Idea for a Summit Stage.

Two bottom main Platforms are Icy, Five Air Platforms are not. Air Platforms are Pass-through-able

Fish stays (What would the stage be without the fish)

I doubt this is possible, but the Thunder Clouds shoot Pikachu's Neutral B Diagonally through the Platforms occasionally.

There are some concepts I love about Vanilla Summit, and Concepts I hate, I feel like this stage should stay a casual stage, removed the things that didn't work, and added some things.

If anyone wants it to be more Symmetrical (Though I like the current Asymmetry of it), The Center over the Water could be arranged like Battlefield, with One Platform over the each of the two main platforms on the same level as the top Battlefield Platform. OR it could be arranged like Vanilla Norfair, whichever.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I would like to see a more playable version of New Pork City, not a certaily competitive stage, but smaller, and with the ultimate chimera, but appearing very rarely, and doing much less damage. With the Limousine appearing at one side of the stage at once, in a similar patter of the giant turtle in Melee's Great Bay.

Just for the sake of having a proper Mother 3 stage.

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if someone is actually working on that Golden Sun Lighthouse map that was suggested back on Page 1? I've been working on that map without seeing this post here. Oddly I started working on it on the same day that it was first mentioned in this thread and I used the same exact reference images pretty much haha.

Layout of the playable stage is still up for discussion.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Does anyone know if someone is actually working on that Golden Sun Lighthouse map that was suggested back on Page 1? I've been working on that map without seeing this post here. Oddly I started working on it on the same day that it was first mentioned in this thread and I used the same exact reference images pretty much haha.

Oh, wow, that's excellent! I don't believe anyone ever started working on one, so this is pretty awesome.

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Also, hi everyone. I'm Llama Juice. I lurk. This is my first Smash project.

As far as keeping it alligned to any one lighthouse... the art on the GBA was quite limited. I'm trying to take inspiration from art throughout the golden sun franchise and make it work/fit this lighthouse. Currently I have it skinned as the venus lighthouse, but the purple brick just looks awful in my opinion.

I found this thread while looking for more reference images of the lighthouses, was quite scared when someone mentioned that they wanted this stage to be built. If someone else is working on the exact same thing that I am then I'd probably move on to something else.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Also, hi everyone. I'm Llama Juice. I lurk. This is my first Smash project.

As far as keeping it alligned to any one lighthouse... the art on the GBA was quite limited. I'm trying to take inspiration from art throughout the golden sun franchise and make it work/fit this lighthouse. Currently I have it skinned as the venus lighthouse, but the purple brick just looks awful in my opinion.

I found this thread while looking for more reference images of the lighthouses, was quite scared when someone mentioned that they wanted this stage to be built. If someone else is working on the exact same thing that I am then I'd probably move on to something else.
Welcome!

No one else is working on it as far as I'm aware. Your model looks fantastic so far, so I really can't wait to see how it turns out when it's finished.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Just ****ing make the other stages on Page 2 playable and I'm happy - also some changes need to be made to the first-page stages, that surprised me were not made when they put 3.0 out.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Just ****ing make the other stages on Page 2 playable and I'm happy - also some changes need to be made to the first-page stages, that surprised me were not made when they put 3.0 out.
1) The stages on Page 2 are playable, you can find them on Page 2
2) Well they will definitely be able to make said changes because obviously when you say the vague sentience of "they need to make changes.", they know what your talking about.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet

Dayum! That looks great, you really should finish it

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
1) The stages on Page 2 are playable, you can find them on Page 2
2) Well they will definitely be able to make said changes because obviously when you say the vague sentience of "they need to make changes.", they know what your talking about.
1. I meant as in tournament-viable. Like Frigate Orpheon, most of them have remained unchanged. Or it could be those were kept for less-competitive scenes.
2. I couldn't name any of the stages yesterday, because I couldn't remember the names and the problems they had. But now I do. For example the ledges in Ice Climber Mtn (I wasn't sure of the stage's title so I just took a shot at it) need to be grab-able, I was surprised it was still a first page stage, yet that one change hadn't been made.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1. I meant as in tournament-viable. Like Frigate Orpheon, most of them have remained unchanged. Or it could be those were kept for less-competitive scenes.
2. I couldn't name any of the stages yesterday, because I couldn't remember the names and the problems they had. But now I do. For example the ledges in Ice Climber Mtn need to be grab-able, I was surprised it was still a first page stage, yet that one change hadn't been made.
I'd rather have page 2 be casual stages and page 1 be competitive stages, while I never play on page 2 personally, I know a lot of people who find competitive stages to just be a boring big platform surrounded by smaller platforms.
2.) Yeah, I still don't understand why they didn't do that too.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Did you know you and this stage are awesome?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
For example the ledges in Ice Climber Mtn (I wasn't sure of the stage's title so I just took a shot at it) need to be grab-able, I was surprised it was still a first page stage, yet that one change hadn't been made.
Summit isn't a page one stage. It's on the casual page for a reason. Besides, it isn't very logical to be able to grab and hold on to ice, imo.

Top Bottom