• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
...Can't Marth just swat them with forward air?

Glad you're liking it.
Probably, but I don't make it easy. I'm really ****ing good with my thunders - Not just accurate, but I do a lot of weird twists and turns to trick people into doing things because they think I'm going to hit them in a different spot. There are plenty of options to try to avoid it like shielding for example - except you leave your head and your feet vulnerable in a couple of seconds. Or you can air dodge, but the thunder lasts long enough that I can just loop while you air dodge, then hit you right after. Spot dodging is probably the best option but if I see it in time, I can reverse the thunder to hit you before you get to me.

A lot of it really has to do with experience I would imagine though. I'm not sure how good people will be against it once they get use to seeing it, and how react to their reactions. But for the moment, it's extremely deadly.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
@dirtydurrant

You gotta be careful though. The people you play against don't seem to realize how vulnerable Ness is when using PKT, it's really not as good as you might think it is because of the results you're getting. Any thing with enough range can stop PKT in its tracks and fast characters (I'm looking at you Fox) can just get in and punish you so hard that you won't look at life the same way ever again.

With that out of the way now I can react to finding the sixth Ness player in P:M.
OMFG, GO TO SMASHMODS AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT NESS!!

iLink

Smash Champion
PK thunder is actually pretty bad against someone good. Most (if not every character) has some attack or aerial that they can swat the PK thunder with to cancel it.

Marth especially, considering he has huge coverage with his range.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Has it ever ocurred to the PMBR that Wolf is similar to Mewtwo?

They both have:
A multi-hit Nair
A Fair that pops up the enemy with their "claws"
A Uair that juggles
A Dair meteor
A slow projectile
Good air mobility

I think there are more similarities but I can't think of any.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I don't recall there being many D3 mains, but D3 is indeed a very dangerous character. Watch this video and this video of Fly Amanita for inspiration, he's definitely the best D3 I've seen so far.
lol trust me, I've watched these videos more than enough times.These videos were my main inspiration for playing as Dedede. Fly is so good.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
And I thought with 100+ entrants PM would finally get some good rep. But no, we get 3 stock matches and stream commentators who do not know anything about the game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
People don't know any better.

Why don't they just get some of the well-known P:M players to do it?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm assuming primarily because the good players are playing. but you'd think they would get commentators who did some damned research on characters. especially ike. or bowser.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'm assuming primarily because the good players are playing. but you'd think they would get commentators who did some damned research on characters. especially ike. or bowser.
Surely they're not playing non-stop, though.

Either way, it seems like a terrible disservice to get people who don't know anything about the game to commentate on matches.

Kati

Smash Lord
The best so far is Mario's Fair starting as melee mario's and ending as doc's.

Kati

Smash Lord
lol how else would he suck them in..?

Intense Bowser gameplay going on.

V-K

Smash Ace
Can you guys build in some kind of "Project M" symbol that is shown in the corner during the matches? Because many people on the stream think this is Brawl.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Yes, even if it is done in PSA.
Well dang

Probably not. This is Melee Ganondorf that we've got here. We went through an extreme amount of trouble to both port his Melee offsets and sizes for his hitboxes from Melee (and of course the rest of the cast that's from Melee). A lot of that work would nearly be undone if we changed him back to 1.0 size.

Your suggestion would hurt Ganondorf more than it would help, tbh. He's not like Bowser where he has really big hands and hitboxes that cover his whole body. Bowser gets the benefits from it because of the way his moves work, animations and all. Ganondorf wouldn't receive as much benefit from it at all, it would just make him a bigger target and more susceptible to what he's already weak against. Not really the best idea.
Well I thought if you increased his attack range in equivalence to his size change it wouldn't make much of a difference, so you're saying that's not the case?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would be interested in those archives lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom