• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
There's also a glitch involving Lucas and the water in the Pirate Ship stage, whenever he goes into the water and you try to jump out of it he gets stuck in a "dipping" animation (that's what it looks like and I don't know what else to call it). He can get out though, it's just slightly difficult due to the stage ledges' constant movement

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Reposting from the Smashmods tierlist thread, cuz I think its good info.

Me! said:
So I was bored, and decided to average out everyones tier lists in here.

The system I used was the highest tier was worth 1 point, then the next tier is 2 points, etc. Obviously this isn't a perfect system (those that prefer to split chars into more tiers hurt the lower tiers far worse since the points can get crazy), but the law of averages kinda nullfies that a bit. Overall, I like what I'm seeing here.

Note, if someone posted more than one list, I used their newest one.

S Tier
Falco - 24
Fox - 24

A Tier
Mario - 35
Sheik - 36
Ike - 39
Marth - 40
Link - 43
Zelda - 45
Peach - 47
Lucario - 48
Jiggs - 49

B Tier
C.Falcon - 51
Toon Link - 51
Wolf - 52
Ganondorf - 53
Snake - 58
Pit - 61
Lucas - 61
Luigi - 62
Dedede - 63
DK - 64
Bowser - 65

C Tier
Ness - 68
Sonic - 68
Wario - 68
Pikachu - 70
ROB - 73
Charizard - 75
G&W - 76

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I was spltting the tiers up by sets of 25, but then GaW and Charizard would've been all alone in C tier, so I decided to be a bit nice and give them some company :p But you can think of them as being a step below the rest if you want.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
charizard is not that bad.
he gimps so well, he tanks, and recovers well (multiple options) he can chase people well, has great aerails, not too laggy either. plus range, mulitple projectile like attacks, and a great throw game.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well these are just people's first impressions. That list will look completely different a year from now.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
IMO, it's not really too useful to make a tier list at this point.

Coming from a traditional FG background, I'm more of a fan of matchup-specific information, like a matchup chart.

Edit: through more reading and more comprehension I noticed that it was just an average summary of people's tier lists.

I'm totally scatter-brained today lol. Too much stuff to think about.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else think that Pikachu requires the most tech skill out of any character in PM?

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I just made an account for posting here, wrote a wall of text of being nice and friendly and got logged out somehow :salty:

Sorry for my crappy english :X

I wanted to thank you all for this amazing game, I'm having lots of fun playing it with friends :D

What I wanted to ask here was if someone could give me some stage hacks I've been seeing in the back room's version at some point. One was one version of summit which was frozen (:awesome:) and had the collisions of the block in the middle removed I think. It looked like it was fun to play on with all the taunt cancelling and things like that, so I wanted to know if anyone could give me the download link to that stage :> vBrawl's version of summit is easily the worst stage ever.

The other one was norfair, there were multiple versions of it actually and I was surprised none of them made it in demo 2. One had that hole without ledges in the middle and one had a layout similar to brawl's but the top row of platforms as one bigger fall-through platform in the middle (and also walls on the main platform I think). Both of them looked really nice and also had a better platform layout than brawl's imo
I'd be glad if someone could give me the download link to one of these :D

Then there was something about fourside I wanted to point out, you can not wall jump on the part in the middle of the stage on the version which came with demo 2, although you could in melee. Is there any version that has this fixed ? It's not a big deal and doesn't make the game any worse but I'd still like to be able to walljump there if it's possible.

Lastly i wanted to ask something about replacing a stage.
Assuming I wanted to have something like melee battlefield over flat zone 2 (is this possible ? if not, any other stage. anyway), would I have to put brawl battlefield's .rel over flat zone 2's using that stage switcher program ? and then take the .pac of melee battlefield and rename it what ever I have to name it for flat zone 2 ?
Would that work ? I'm kinda new to this :S

thanks!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Lastly i wanted to ask something about replacing a stage.
Assuming I wanted to have something like melee battlefield over flat zone 2 (is this possible ? if not, any other stage. anyway), would I have to put brawl battlefield's .rel over flat zone 2's using that stage switcher program ? and then take the .pac of melee battlefield and rename it what ever I have to name it for flat zone 2 ?
Would that work ? I'm kinda new to this :S
Yep, that sounds about right to me.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
? What's wrong with the staling? it functions exactly as it does in melee
Link's Up-B can stale to the point where he can't bomb jump in Melee. This isn't new, guys.
But in melee I could bomb jump like 6 times in a row before getting back on the stage, in Project M I can only do it once and then the bomb just flies away from the staling

I think the problem with staling was that it seems to stop Link's bomb jump in this game. Although I'm cool with Link being forced to choose between using his upB offensively or for recovery, it would also be cool if he were guaranteed of his bomb jump working.
This, his bomb jump is a crapshoot now, at least it was reliable in Melee

Neon!

Smash Lord
Played Project M for the first time last weekend, Ness seems exceptionally strong. His fair at low percents leads into dthrow which leads into another fair, this can combo heavies and fastfallers to around 50%. Ness's fair is very easy to hit with making it possibly one of the best combo starters ive seen so far.

Loving DK in project M, his moveset here is more diverse and better than any that nintendo has created. I would love to have his fair come out faster like in 64 but that would be too strong i suppose.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I feel like D3's inhale needs to be a bit better. Maybe less lag or more damage. Less lag/more range would be cool for saving a teammate or something. Just a thought.

Btw, Lucas's down-b is amazing. Very interesting idea giving him a jump-cancelable PK magnet. I approve.

Oh, and what kind of TV's do/don't have lag for this game? Is there a thread with this already? If so, a link would be nice.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Don't worry, Wario is only one good Jab away from being S Tier (why does he get so much **** off his Jab, but its sooooo slow :<)

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I just saw footage of the Skyward Sword level, is that on the game and I just haven't gotten it yet or is it soon to be released?
Wait, is this a thing? Is it a prettier version of Temple M or something? Either way, that stage is going to be awesome. Also, one of the SSE: Jungle textures should become official, or you guys should make a Pikmin skin for it or something since it did replace Distant Planet.

Project M

Shared Account
Demo 2.1 Release!

Hello everyone! It's been a long six weeks for the Project M Back Room after the very successful release of Project M Demo v2, which received over 41 thousand downloads. We hope you've all been enjoying it! However, the release of Demo v2 wasn't completely perfect (as evidenced by the delay). As the weeks have gone on, you guys reported various issues that we hadn't encountered before releasing the demo into your hands. Most of these issues were unintended bugs, from R.O.B's Final Smash freezing the game to simpler things like always getting Mario on Random.

Well, the PMBR is pleased to announce the release of Project M Demo v2.1! 2.1 brings tons of fixes to the bugs you reported. Keep in mind, not everything was fixed but most of the gameplay-affecting bugs were fixed (such as freezes). We tried our very best to address as many issues as were known since v2.0. We encourage everyone who downloaded Project M Demo v2 to download the update on our Downloads page and spread the word to everyone you know who downloaded Demo v2, especially anyone planning to have tournaments this weekend.

Head over to Smashmods to find the detailed changelist from Demo 2.0 to 2.1.

-The PMBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom