• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I hope im not the only person who wants Dk In Demo 2. What is gonna be the big difference from demo 1 and demo 2?
Of the top of my head, the biggest changes I can think of are landing detection, the inability to edgehog tether recoveries, fixed edge-grab boxes, Melee DI, Melee stale move negation, elimination of tripping from attacks except for Diddy's bananas, light presses on L/R, more characters, changes to characters in Demo 1 (Snake, Lucas, and Sonic especially), grab hitboxes that extend behind characters (not 100% clear on this one), and fixed height on double jumps (at least, I thought this used to be a problem).

Also, Demo 2 will be 1000x more awesome than Demo 1 because it'll have Ike in it.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
so im brand new to this modding stuff.... i followed all the steps on the project m website... everything seems to be going well until it starts the project m game... it freezes at the "safety" screen where it tells you not to play with crap that can fall... any suggestions would be great... i really want to play this

jalued

Smash Lord
so im brand new to this modding stuff.... i followed all the steps on the project m website... everything seems to be going well until it starts the project m game... it freezes at the "safety" screen where it tells you not to play with crap that can fall... any suggestions would be great... i really want to play this
What size is your sd card?

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
EDIT: Nevermind, no idea. Strange, I never heard of it freezing at the safety screen. The first demo shouldn't be giving you that safety screen in the first place.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
What size is your sd card?
2 GB

Sounds like he doesn't have the files in the right places.

Are you loading through gecko or stacksmash?
all i did was format my SD card to get rid of all the files... and saved the project m right to the sd card ( E:/ drive)

i load up SSBB go to the stage builder... then the screen goes green with all that text stuff... then loads the gecko ( i presume thats what it is) then i press A on the load game... its starts doin some stuff then goes to the white screen with the safety guideline or whatever you wanna call them... with the diagram of the guy swingin a wiimote into a vase or somethin

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you most likely don't have folders in the right place...what does the root of your SD card look like?

u should have these folders [codes]/[private]/[apps] and the gamesconfig.txt
oh and you have to delete all your custom stages....i'm not very familiar with the non-hacked method but i think thats it

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have three questions for you guys, my apologies if they've already been answered somewhere.

First, why did you choose to have separate private and public releases? I've noticed this isn't answered on the front page, and it's something I'm curious about.

Second, I'm considering applying to help with programming this. Do you want any more programmers? If you do, what background is recommended?

Third, why did you choose to only allow access to 14 characters in the demo? I assume the other characters wouldn't have changed from how they are in Brawl, but it would still be cool to be able to play as them.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
you most likely don't have folders in the right place...what does the root of your SD card look like?

u should have these folders [codes]/[private]/[apps] and the gamesconfig.txt
oh and you have to delete all your custom stages....i'm not very familiar with the non-hacked method but i think thats it
i goes apps codes private background boot.elf and gamesconfig

edit: nvm... i tried a different sd card and it worked... thanks for the help... so now that it works... how do i unlock all the chars.... should i just go through SSE and classic with everyone again
?

Revven

FrankerZ
edit: nvm... i tried a different sd card and it worked... thanks for the help... so now that it works... how do i unlock all the chars.... should i just go through SSE and classic with everyone again
?
The demo is purposefully limited to the 14 characters you see on the character select screen.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
how do i unlock all the chars.... should i just go through SSE and classic with everyone again
?
ummm lol...no, only those characters are available in the demo. To be honest i wouldn't even bother with that demo as it is over a year old.

there is a new demo being released in the next couple of weeks with updated mechanics and a bigger roster.

I have three questions for you guys, my apologies if they've already been answered somewhere.

First, why did you choose to have separate private and public releases? I've noticed this isn't answered on the front page, and it's something I'm curious about. what private releases? there has only been 1 official release so far. Anyone else with a different build is a playtester for the pmbr.

Second, I'm considering applying to help with programming this. Do you want any more programmers? If you do, what background is recommended? i'll let the pmbr answer this one, but to tell ya the truth i think they got everything they need....it's just a matter of time

Third, why did you choose to only allow access to 14 characters in the demo? I assume the other characters wouldn't have changed from how they are in Brawl, but it would still be cool to be able to play as them.
giving us characters that have little to no work done makes no sense.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
ummm lol...no, only those characters are available in the demo. To be honest i wouldn't even bother with that demo as it is over a year old.

there is a new demo being released in the next couple of weeks with updated mechanics and a bigger roster.
yay that sounds like itll be fun

Revven

FrankerZ
Second, I'm considering applying to help with programming this. Do you want any more programmers? If you do, what background is recommended?

2) Having more programmers is always good, however, it's important that you're able and know how to use PSA (Project Smash Attacks). It's best to also have ASM (Assembly) knowledge, though while USB Geckos are (generally) not... common to buy it's unlikely you could help on that front unless you managed to get one and know how to use one fairly well.

Though, being able to help in actually coding characters (which is what Project Smash Attacks is for) is always, always good when applying.

3) Having Brawl characters largely unfinished in a demo that is potentially (at the time) representing what the final product might be, wouldn't set a very good precedence for those characters. Especially, when this is primarily for players who want to play this in a tournament setting. Having completely imbalanced characters (in this case, Brawl characters) in the game wouldn't bode well for both what we're making here (to foster an audience) and wouldn't show the game as balanced at all.

It obviously wasn't an easy decision to make, but then that's why it's a demo, as even official demos have restricted character selection as well. And we're not making this for money either, so it's especially important to have anything that's not finished not shown... as we wouldn't want players getting the wrong impression (as most players tend to do, jumping to conclusions or what have you). It's sad, but that's how most Smashers are, if it's not what "we say it's trying to be" then they don't give it a second chance after the first go around if the first go around was bad.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Cool, thanks for answering. At the moment I only know how to code in VB, C++, and Java. I'll take a look at PSA and learn a bit about it before applying.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Cool, thanks for answering. At the moment I only know how to code in VB, C++, and Java. I'll take a look at PSA and learn a bit about it before applying.
From what little I've done with it, PSA seems to be Visual Studio if someone gave it multiple severe concussions, gave it a lobotomy, and it had a massive stroke.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm hyped for using new skins I organized and downloaded even though I can't even use a third of them in Demo 2!

:<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Make sure to test them out. If they renamed bones, it will mess up.
I triple checked to make sure that I only had textures and confirmed Wifi Safe Modeltextures. This is why it took 3 and a half hours.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Will the team colors for Sonic and Lucario and the copies of Zelda's and Sheik's textures (which are supposed to cut the transformation time) be included in demo 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom