• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's his signature move. Why would people want it not to be somewhat good?

It's probably borderline good enough as it is, since the more people get used to it, the better they will be at punishing it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
BUT KIRBY'S INHALE IS BAD AND IT'S HIS SIGNATURE MOVE!

Honestly though, was Kirby's inhale good at all in Melee? Never seen too much Melee kirby, though I suppose that's pretty understandable lol.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Hate to be the one asking, but I stopped following this project as much as I used to a few months back. Any information as to when the patch is being released?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Why don't you mug plank and take back all the money he owes to the smash community before the smash community watches him play our game.

Stevo

Smash Champion
BUT KIRBY'S INHALE IS BAD AND IT'S HIS SIGNATURE MOVE!

Honestly though, was Kirby's inhale good at all in Melee? Never seen too much Melee kirby, though I suppose that's pretty understandable lol.
and do you WANT it that way?

actually, kirbycide was one of the only things you could do with kirby in melee that would get you kills LOL

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh hellz nah, Kirby in my perfect world is fully complemented by copying the abilities of his opponent, getting the best special for whatever MU he is playing, but at the same time is fully able to be played without them. Also for doubles, the star he spits being a bit stronger would be really nice.

Really the only thing I can think of off the top of my head where that works out is both Falco MUs for him, in Brawl and Melee (though much more so in Brawl, since he's that much less ***** by Falco in that game and Falco's reflector in Melee actually fully covers him afaik).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
imo not a bad thing.

Every game needs to have easily acessible characters for new players.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
no.

everyone has to be as difficult as fox and falco.

marth will only be able to fair > dair or fair > fair if the player presses z and c-stick up in the middle of the moves.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i'm pretty sure he's only embraced l-canceling as a method to help players shield themselves faster so they are less likely to get hit giving them a better chance against players who are overpowering them.

V:

That's my reason as to why he invented l-canceling.

It also explains why there is still some sort of method to avoid lag from aerials even in Brawl.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ummm... Autocanceling just wasn't removed, that's all.

Also I have a theory on that.
A bad one

Sakurai realized in Melee he had forgotten to let Game and Watch L-Cancel a couple of aerials.

So, instead of catering to casuals as we all assumed, he catered to Game and Watch and removed L-Cancelling altogether, evening the playing field.

I mean GaW is B tier in Brawl, and awful tier in Melee. Obviously that proves it.

So tl;dr blame Game and Watch for Brawl.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
:troll: also hotdogturtle Cindaquil is the worst starter ever, and is by far the ugliest and he's not even cute to compensate:troll:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
@ TL deku lead idea, where are you going to get a leaf model and what model would you replace on TL? Lol.

:phone:
Hmm you could use peach's parasol model I guess lol it's so crystal clear in my mind but I just can't explain it in text ; (

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Considering he's the only character in the game they could have based him on, there practically wasn't another choice but to use Falcon. I can guarantee you that you'll never see Ganon do anything like his u tilt, u smash, u air and neutral b in any TLOZ. He's not athletic enough to do them and would rather throw one of those magic orb things instead of a painfully slow punch that even a snail could evade. And he would most likely use a sword because, hey it's not a good idea to bring only your fists to a fight with a guy that carries a mini arsenal on him. :ohwell:
If Ganon had a sword he'd be Ike, and then no one would want to play as him. :troll:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Not 100% exactly. Autocanceling isn't just having the move finish 100% in the air. you know this.
I'm pretty sure it is...
Falco "autocancelled sh bair" is just the entire bair animation finishing in the air, then landing with no lag.

IDK maybe im wrong.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm pretty sure it is...
Falco "autocancelled sh bair" is just the entire bair animation finishing in the air, then landing with no lag.

IDK maybe im wrong.
you are wrong. lol

moved that are autocancled never finish the complete animation. because if they do, there is nothing to be canceled at that point. because you're not doing the move anymore aka you're in a free fall state.

magus said:
you only get the attack's landing animation during certain windows of the animation, outside of thsoe windows is autocanceling where you go into a normal landing
from the man himself

PEEF!

Smash Hero
well some things that we call autocancelled are just the move finishing in air. Falcons uair and such, or ganon fullhop dair,

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol.

that makes no sense

>autocanceled moves are moves that finish in air!

wat. there is nothing being canceled if the move is finished in air.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
jcaesar is not a bad player. at all. better than ~95% of all people who play p:m
Well I read what everyone said about blocking the attack and punish. Its seems like a solution. I did not know since the game is not out. However I think that if done in the air it should have landing lag. Like all foward B moves for recovery, like fox's, falco's, Ike's, Ganon, capt, etc.

If not then its just to easy to recover with wario. It should just like when someone does any of the recoverys mentioned above

I don't know JC but maybe ur right he is better than 95% of the people who play PM. And that tells you a lot about those who are testing the game and their skills compared to melee pros. The game has so much potential but it's not exploited the right way. All there is are crappy vids boring that looks like melee when it came in 2001-2002 its sad.

I dont want to be a hater i love what you guys have acomplished with the game and the effort you put.

however making the game more accesible to people who are better skilled would be greater. Taking that into consideration there are a lot of good melee players who could test how the melee chars fare against the new brawl croud. how it balances. Im just saying

Keep up the good work

NeoZ

Smash Ace
well some things that we call autocancelled are just the move finishing in air. Falcons uair and such, or ganon fullhop dair,
If the move finished completely in the air, then it's not an autocancel, it's just the move finishing before landing.

You can check the threads with frame data to see when a move will autocancel.
For example(taken from toaster's thread), Mewtwo's dair is 57 frames long, but it can be autocancelled after frame 45.

Rikana

Smash Champion
]I don't know JC but maybe ur right he is better than 95% of the people who play PM. And that tells you a lot about those who are testing the game and their skills compared to melee pros. The game has so much potential but it's not exploited the right way. All there is are crappy vids boring that looks like melee when it came in 2001-2002 its sad.

I dont want to be a hater i love what you guys have acomplished with the game and the effort you put.

however making the game more accesible to people who are better skilled would be greater. Taking that into consideration there are a lot of good melee players who could test how the melee chars fare against the new brawl croud. how it balances. Im just saying

Keep up the good work
You make it sound like this project should instantly attract melee pros. They're pros for a reason. They like what melee offers. Many of them feel that melee doesn't need to be changed. The only way to convince them to try is only if you're close with them/play melee with them frequently. They will then give the project a try, but this does not mean their mind is instantly opened. Also, many will tell you that they don't want to play a project that isn't done, it might make them mess up their melee timings, other excuses, etc. And there's nothing you can do about it and just hope that P:M spreads through open minded people.

Let's not forget that there are good melee players that were also once a playtester and they provided little to no feedback. Its not like the pmbr chose to provide you with what you call "2001/02 videos". They are highlights of what they can offer at the moment. Keep in mind that everything is still being developed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't think the pros will take PM seriously until there are worthwhile PM tourneys. This may not happen until the full release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom