• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
When I read that, I wanted to be the first person to seem smart by saying 24 hours :(

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
and the PMBR doesn't support giving out the leaks here
yeah I said IF there's a official buid.. i wanted directions, didnt ask for the leak.. as far as im exited to play the game I want the full thing I trust this sick awesome coders and when they say its ready 4 us it will be.

edit: oh.. i did say "real build" well sorry for my english at that moment (and now I guess too) i wanted to meant official build ,^^

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
it will be the version you see on streams but limited. Likely to the same as the first demo version with maybe more people. I'd guess Bowser and Lucario considering how they seem mostly done in comparison. Maybe if some other characters like MK or Ness get a few more things done they'll be added. Basically the more you've seen them on stream the more likely it is they'll be in the next demo. However if everytime you saw them something was extremely out of place then...you can assume they are still being worked on and will not be in the demo.

Hiper

Smash Rookie
I love the P:M Wario, great rendition of the Wario Land moves. Is he ready(ish) to be included on the next demo or needs more tweaks?

Sorry if it has been asked before, im new here.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I love the P:M Wario, great rendition of the Wario Land moves. Is he ready(ish) to be included on the next demo or needs more tweaks?

Sorry if it has been asked before, im new here.
Wario and Pit are both sort of in limbo right now. Good stuff and even look good...it's just a matter of finalization on many things. Wario or Pit could show up but I doubt it. Wario has more of a chance than Pit I think. Pit's upB is just really killing him right now.

I personally feel he should be given a Peach-like UpB. Minuscule high with a kind of spell binding illusive feel to it when you DI back and forward or suddenly drop down. Although instead of the drop down effect he could be made to SideB out of it.....idk. Thoughts on UpB?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@ Spam: What? Please don't state your opinion as fact. It makes people antsy
The only thing I stated as fact was in reference to the demo. I said "It will be the version you see on streams but limited"

everything else I said likely, or probably...something like that lol. If someone mistakes what I posted as fact well....they deserve to be confused :laugh:

Rikana

Smash Champion
You guys are amazing. You made this new demo worth the wait. I hope nothing goes wrong upon testing it. Someone stream this ****!

:phone:

Happy birthday shanus. Get high over occupying your ledge all night long. Have a good one.

Who found the code by the way?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I have nothing better to do at 9 in the morning than to worship that blog. So does this mean that we can start tossing out opinions on how to make Melee's ledge occupancy more ********? Also, I would assume that we're even closer to a second demo?

Oh btw: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANUS!! (my double rainbow sucks)

shanus

Smash Hero
I have nothing better to do at 9 in the morning than to worship that blog. So does this mean that we can start tossing out opinions on how to make Melee's ledge occupancy more ********? Also, I would assume that we're even closer to a second demo?
We have a lot of internal debate ongoing regarding ledge occupancy duration, and its definitely an issue where there are strong camps on both sides of the issue. I think it'd be interesting to field people's opinions on ledge occupancy duration, but if this turns out to be too heated of a discussion I'd like to avoid it.

My personal opinion is I'd like a middle-ground between brawl and melee (results in approximately 75% melee duration). For example, nobody needs a >100% ledge roll with 79 ledge-occupied frames (total animation length) like in melee, but having a pitiful 22 frames instead on a normal ledge roll I personally think is simply too low. I like the idea of adding more precision to the ledge game, but I also think this could potentially be used as a balancing tool without directly adjusting character movesets. For example, lower occupancy could weaken potential fox gimping tools with shine, etcetc.

I think it would fun to pull in any interested MBR members into this discussion and see how they think adjusted occupancy length in melee could additionally adjust balance.

Oh btw: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANUS!! (my double rainbow sucks)
tyty

Hiper

Smash Rookie
Wario and Pit are both sort of in limbo right now. Good stuff and even look good...it's just a matter of finalization on many things. Wario or Pit could show up but I doubt it. Wario has more of a chance than Pit I think. Pit's upB is just really killing him right now [...]
Well at least there is some hope, hehe.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We have a lot of internal debate ongoing regarding ledge occupancy duration, and its definitely an issue where there are strong camps on both sides of the issue. I think it'd be interesting to field people's opinions on ledge occupancy duration, but if this turns out to be too heated of a discussion I'd like to avoid it.

My personal opinion is I'd like a middle-ground between brawl and melee (results in approximately 75% melee duration). For example, nobody needs a >100% ledge roll with 79 ledge-occupied frames (total animation length) like in melee, but having a pitiful 22 frames instead on a normal ledge roll I personally think is simply too low. I like the idea of adding more precision to the ledge game, but I also think this could potentially be used as a balancing tool without directly adjusting character movesets. For example, lower occupancy could weaken potential fox gimping tools with shine, etcetc.

I think it would fun to pull in any interested MBR members into this discussion and see how they think adjusted occupancy length in melee could additionally adjust balance.
First of all Happy Birthday.

The MBR I am sure the bulk of them will blindly disagree with shortening the time because it's not melee-like. So I feel it could tip the balance of the debate a bit too far.

I have already stated my stance on it. I feel occupancy should be character dependent(I know it already is) However I mean the difference should be even more noticeable. I think that is pretty much what you were saying though right?

again happy birthday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
spam arrows there are quite a few melee players that aren't ********.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

tyty
As you know, I support full and complete Melee ledge occupancy.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations on ledge occupancy

The idea to give characters differing amounts of occupancy seems pretty smart as well.

Tweaking universal techniques like ledge jumps, attacks, and rolls could also make an impact upon characters.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Personally, I don't support changing ledge occupancy that much from Melee's, and I'm sure that a lot of Melee veterans (not giving an exact number since I can't speak for the entire community) will have the same mindset. However, as living beings we naturally reject change, so such a response is both expected and justified. For that reason, I believe that the best possible option is for the PMBR to come to a consensus on what 'balanced' ledge occupancy should be and include that in the Second Coming of Project:M (demo). There would still be hype for the final product and more room to work in regards to tweaking smaller things such as sightly off-balanced aspects (glitches, unneeded traits for a particular character, emphasis on camping, etc); i.e, holding off on a discussion such as this until later in development will be much more beneficial and, to put it bluntly, less of a ****storm for this thread to take on.

In all honesty, I love always being reminded that clutch or dumb moves offstage can / more than likely will result in me being at a large disadvantage.

EDIT: Kinda happy that the release is still being delayed. It's not only fun to watch the salt build, but also really soothing to know that P:M isn't going to suck due to all of the work being placed into it.

D

Deleted member

I support full Melee occupancy, but I can see how this can be a great instrument in balancing in a very minor way.

Healthy skepticism and criticism go a long way

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Oh man, this is terrible! :scared:
The next release is not likely to be released without this code being implemented, and the BR still hasn't decided how to implement it! It's now even farther away! :c
People need to stop looking at the glass as completely full, and look it as easy to spill.

More seriously though, Peef's arguments are sound (and now gone), except when he says there's no problem with Melee's occupancy. Anyone with visual senses and understanding of related real-world circumstances can see that there's a problem: it looks terrible and makes no sense. Brawl had the right idea when it comes to relating it to the animation (though Brawl's is so stringent that it often has the same problems in reverse), though this time the idea should not be implemented to the detriment of the gameplay. It's lots of fun to gimp opponents in such a simple way, but it often makes me feel guilty when it looks so much like cheating.
But this argument is kinda obvious, and has certainly been a mainstay argument of the pro-change side during any BR debates, so I'll say no more.

@Shanus
I would occupy ledges, too, if it happened to me.
(Happy birthday, and good job with the constant advancement)

humble

Smash Ace
Happy birthday, Shagnus!

I'm fine with whatever ledge occupancy the PMBR decides upon, don't feel too strongly one way or another.

:phone:

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'd be all for at least giving a shot 75/25 in the back-room builds, giving it a whlie, then asking for backroom feedback. Ledge occupancy in Melee is much preferable to Brawl's, but the reward's always been a little disproportionate to the skill it takes to use IMO. Even though I do think it should remain relatively easy.

I'm thinking about tether heavy characters here too. They're going to have a harder time now regardless. But full occupancy might be the straw that breaks the cammel's back.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm not going to argue my case here because we are looking for outsider input, but I would like to clarify my opinion a bit in order to provide an option that those who think some Melee occupancies are derpy/silly could agree with.

I think the ONLY possible thing that I could support be toned down a bit is rolling off the ledge, and some getup attacks. I think it is essential that all of the other occupancies, especially standup occupancies stay the same as Melee.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I think the ONLY possible thing that I could support be toned down a bit is rolling off the ledge, and some getup attacks. I think it is essential that all of the other occupancies, especially standup occupancies stay the same as Melee.
Sounds agreeable to me.

CloroxTheKid

Smash Rookie
If you guys don't come to a conclusion before your scheduled patch 2 (if there even is some soft deadline floating around in the BR), you should just implement the code in full melee attire just so that P:M is closer to Melee than to Brawl.

Great Work Shagnasty, Great Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom