• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
We had lots of poeple come at Smash Till U Crash. I got to thank Ally for helping me out there. He played a pretty good Captain Falcon actually :p.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't think they'll be finished with characters that easily. They can't just throw in a few buffs and nerfs and say it's done, they have to make sure what is done works and it fits the characters playstyle without making them cheap, broken or just bad. Also, Olimar and ICs, 'nuff said.

Edit: Also, the patch obviously comes first. I think it'll be a long time before the final build. Like, a really long time. They're not that cruel. lol

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There was no means to acquire footage, since the person who was supposed to help me carry everythign I needed and help me look at the setup didn't come, sorry. I'm not elaving a laptop unatended for extended periods of time. No to mention that the TV only has one set of outlets. x_x.

Also, I noticed that no one can spell my tag right in Quebec.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Because 64 utlilt has less cooldown and has a little more range.

Parry seems to be the winner right nyah.
I don't see Yoshi being viable without something as universal as being able to jump OoS >.>

And if he is he'd be a very polarizing character.....
But whatever, if parry is pulled off right it should be fine.
His parry will have a bigger window than a normal PS so he should be able to put up a much better fight since 1999.
Smash has a parry?

I think I might've seen it before, but I didn't know what precisely it was.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Can you guys change DJC so that it works when you let go of the jump button AND when you press two jump buttons for the Melee players? It's almost impossible to do the crazy low to the ground DJC stuff the way it is now.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Awwww crap
Don't worry. All this means is that they have to finish characters before bugs; however, they could only finish some of the characters (which would be in the patch) and the bugs that come with them. Its not saying that they won't release the patch for a long time, its just saying that not everyone will be in it.

Also, coding is a *****... The more you add, the more bugs you get. So they have to complete all of the characters before they fix bugs or else the same bugs are just gonna come back...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Can you guys change DJC so that it works when you let go of the jump button AND when you press two jump buttons for the Melee players? It's almost impossible to do the crazy low to the ground DJC stuff the way it is now.
i have no idea what you're asking but the way DJC works atm (optional djc) is pretty much perfect and pleases both Melee and Brawl players

iLink

Smash Champion
If you have tap jump on, you can do the second jump and get the djc even if you hold up the whole. At least thats how Ive been doing it to do really low aerials.

Also since I havnt been able to catch magus' stream, I just want to know if you guys are still sticking with the jc blaster and land cancel reflector.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DJC has been fixed since the demo.
Uh, you realize you're talking about a game where a fully grown man can fly around a stage electrocuting people with his knee, right? Real world logic doesn't really apply, only balance and gameplay do song long as they make sense within the context of the game.
he jumps. don't be stupid.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
What's so hard about Ice Climbers? Nana AI? Don't ICs play pretty similar in Melee and Brawl? At the very worst, can't you guys just leave them the same and let the physics changes do the work? Or is Nana still a problem? -_-

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
oh lol really?

Actually come to think of it I actually don't know how icies work in Melee, now I'm pretty intrigued.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah there's a lot of **** holding us back from working on IC's, and it isn't just nana AI either. it's the entirety of nana making any work on ICs taking twice as much work (probably more due to having to hex edit her offsets) as any other character.

also lol @ "let the physics changes do the work"
that is not how meleefication works at all.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I got a question, sorry if asked a lot: why are wall tethers like the hardest thing to program ever beyond ICs and Olimar?

Also: anyway we will see smarter A.I. CPU 4 those of us who play solo? I just mean slightly smarter level 9s that approach faster, combo, edge hog you, and recover with some intelligence. Or is programming the A.I. as hard as dealing with Nana?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
And we're talking about completely redoing a mechanic in the game and removing some of the main properties from it while trying to magically code in brand new properties.

Even if this does happen, they'd still have to figure out how to make Link's grapple not suck in P:M.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
why do we need a more difficult AI? no matter what a harder computer will never truely train for a fight with a human player.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to mention it's an enormous drain of time and effort for a team that's already constantly barraged by impatient followers.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
This has probably been asked/discussed, but in the demo G&W can SHDB(short hop double bacon.) Will he always be able to do this?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
to non-furries it looks ********
Says the guy who walks around cuddling a DK real doll.

As for Red Ryu - While everything is subjective, it's kind of an awkward looking attack all around. Wolf does his first sweep and then a scissor kick without any real sense of weight, and then lands on his face and rolls to his feet. Like many others from the team, I think it's a rather mediocre animation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dunno, a lot of people seem to like that move, even more so when Wolf does it out of a DACUS because then it looks like a cool follow up animation while moving and not standing in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom