• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Resemblance to Fox/Falco's Usmash.
That's... a pretty silly reason, considering the number of characters that share similar animations. I could understand it more if Sonic's old Up Smash has more utility than his Sonic Updraft. Ah well, no use crying over things we cannot control.

Revven

FrankerZ
toon link was in the genesis build, right? could anyone tell me about him and if there are any vids up of him? thanks
I'm also wondering about Squirtle, as he was included in the Genesis build. But there aren't any videos up featuring him.
Even though they were in the Genesis 2 build this does not mean we are open to discussing anything and everything about them. There were no videos of TL from Genesis 2, sorry.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
actually, it was more due to the fact that the move was too strong and a easy move move to exploit and cover Sonic's weakness too much.

At least, I interpreted like that, lol.
That makes a lot more sense. Although it could be argued that Sonic may or may not need more kill moves (I haven't been watching the streams that heavily, and I tend to suck at pointing out minor move details), having one that is easily exploitable isn't good for any character, especially considering Sonic's speed.

Also, what interesting properties does Sonic's Up Smash have that could prove useful to his game?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Quick question. Anyone know where I can find a general changelist for the characters so far? I'm looking at some of the characters (mainly the Brawl newcomer characters) and I've been quite amazed and astounded at some of the changes. I'm not fussed about specific damage tweaks and such, more a generalised list of changes that have been made to character moves.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Why not nerf the move instead of changing it back. I liked his changed upsmash from the videos i saw, but it's not a huge loss. I would however add a little more "Kick" on his bair for how slow it is for a single hit move but that just me.

His unchanged usmash has been ... interesting to use at times. Still not something i find myself using all that often when i play people. I don't know what changes have been made to it in the current versions but in the demo that was released way back when it's laggy and easily punishable. So i've used it very sparingly compared to his SHUair. I think it's my play style tho, overly aggressive and that sometimes bites me in the *** playing sonic.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Quick question. Anyone know where I can find a general changelist for the characters so far? I'm looking at some of the characters (mainly the Brawl newcomer characters) and I've been quite amazed and astounded at some of the changes. I'm not fussed about specific damage tweaks and such, more a generalised list of changes that have been made to character moves.
That's what the character demo vids are for. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Why not nerf the move instead of changing it back. I liked his changed upsmash from the videos i saw, but it's not a huge loss..
The point is the Sonic mains who actually understand the character (meaning the ones who didn't make the changes and actually play the character) felt the old Usmash was fine and didn't need to be changed as the Usmashs' purpose is anti-air since it has invincibility and so forth. The "new" one just gave him a kill move but coupled with his run speed it was like a Fox Usmash on crack and definitely made Sonic way too similar to Fox in how it was used. It also overshadowed his other smash attacks because of its better kill power, speed, and being able to do it directly out of a run much like Fox.

Nerfing it just to keep it is really silly when the intention behind it was to buff him and give him less "spinny" attacks.

So yeah basically, we're not going back to that usmash (the flip kick) and sticking with the "spinny" one because of its unique uses and people are happy with it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Was his Bair changed at all? In Minus it was given sex-kick-esque properties that I could see being useful given the speed of the move.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i don't remember seeing geko use ohc out of lucaryu's dash attack. was that just inexperience or did you remove the options from it?

edit: actually, nm, i saw another vid where there was some ohc from it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, i saw him in one of the later vids go dashattack-ftilt-dropzone overb or something flashy.

actually, he seems frighteningly efficient at aerial overb ;x not necessarily the "kill someone" version, but just at landing it at completely unexpected times to set stuff up.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, we told him that aerial sideB did that and he started trying to use it more often. He said he's going to try and actually use it to kill. :) I look forward to him improving his Lucario.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Can someone from the PM:BR quickly summarize why Pokemon Trainer was split (nicely) so I can answer this guy on NeoGAF?

Ookami-kun from NeoGAF said:
Except that you could just remove the stamina but keep everything else intact, you know? Pokemon Trainer is essentially about having different mons that support each other's weaknesses by means of changing, after all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
essentially no matter how you spin it, having 3 unique characters unrestricted in design is better and creates more depth than 3 incomplete characters that were designed then haphazardly thrown together with a changing mechanic.

:phone:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
That's what the character demo vids are for. :)
Ah right, maybe I wasn't entirely clear. I have indeed been watching the demo vids from your channel. They've been great so far, they really have and I'm really excited for a lot of the character additions. It's just that in some instances, it's hard to tell what exactly the changed move is.

For example, I'll take Lucario. Some of the changes are obvious. The hurricane kick is obviously his N Air. But others, like his new Aura Sphere that builds up over time, weren't as obvious since it seemed as though despite having that charge built up in his hand, he was still able to use regular Aura Spheres as well as this charged up slow moving one.

I hope this makes some sense...

humble

Smash Ace
Check the character pages on Smashmods. If a character isn't on there, it's because the build is still a work and progress and they may or may not still be changing. A more specific changelog from their brawl incarnations will be released along with the full version (I think).

Ecks

Smash Lord
That is a very good match. Both characters seem very fun.

Kinda seems like Bowser got a bit overpowerd by Lucario there but I'm not complaining yet.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
essentially no matter how you spin it, having 3 unique characters unrestricted in design is better and creates more depth than 3 incomplete characters that were designed then haphazardly thrown together with a changing mechanic.
They'd bring up Zelda/Sheik in response.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Check the character pages on Smashmods. If a character isn't on there, it's because the build is still a work and progress and they may or may not still be changing. A more specific changelog from their brawl incarnations will be released along with the full version (I think).

Actually, don't worry. I had a look at the Project M demonstration videos from about a week or so ago and they answered a lot of questions I had ^^

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I noticed that lucario's super system is a bit inconsistent, there were times where he'd get it from a couple of jabs or just a bair, but sometimes he'd preform a whole combo and still wouldn't get it. So that leaves me wondering, what are the exact conditions that need to be reached before he gets it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom