• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I feel like Genesis might be a turning point in PM's popularity, which would be great! Haha, excellent job with the business cards, literally laughed aloud. Keep it up guys!

MaxThunder

PM Support
The people at Genesis seem to love it so far. Also, Jiang made a suggestions box and Project M business cards that he and other PMBR members handed out to people to spread the word of Project M. :)
Damn that is awezome...

also... Tenerife os so far away from genesis=(... wah... and craptop won't let me access youtube... well i guess i'll have stuff to watch when i get back home then...

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, lots of positive feedback. Including Jiang making a suggestions box where people left lots of feedback saying how they love the build and whatnot. :D
You guys should bring suggestions boxes to all the future tournaments. Jiang probably hit a gold mine of information with that idea.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Genesis 2 Project M tourney is complete!

1: Kage
2: JCaesar
3: Leffen
4: Trahh
5: rubyiris
5: Gunblade
7: CrYos
7: iShyGuy
9: Strong Bad
9: Genoblast
9: GKinfinity
9: RapeMaster550
13: Bacon
13: Krystedez
13: Nawgui
13: KiraFlax
17: Hyuga
17: Ebonic Plague
17: JaimeHR
17: ROOR
17: z0mfg
17: RKey
17: KOF
17: J666
25: GCFox
25: Karaudo
25: rappster
25: Kokaloo
25: Digitalism
25: Spartamus
25: Hylian
25: Samsonites
33: The One Electronic
33: Brick
33: IceDragonWarrior17
33: BChu
33: Maru
33: Oats
33: Jack
33: Anto
33: Cubaisdeath
49: Crusayer
49: Radium
49: Los
49: Meta

I'll get character data later. And unfortunately my dazzle completely crapped out on me so we only got a few of the last matches recorded ghetto-style on my phone. Sorry guys!

Reception has been extremely positive and interest is very high! There has been a crowd around the Project M area all weekend.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
unfortunately my dazzle completely crapped out on me so we only got a few of the last matches recorded ghetto-style on my phone. Sorry guys!
as long as you can get those friendlies up of my boi Jeff, i'll be satisfied ;)

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
dang JC placed higher then strongbad? jc has been powerleveling like crazy. thats a nice 40 people in the turnout for pm. im suprised there wasnt an even higher turnout of entrants.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Gonna ask the obvious, what's delaying the patch right now? Still landing detection issues? Holding out for random discoveries?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I haven't really been keeping up with P:M in awhile so sorry if someone asked this already, but when is the actual release (or maybe a 2nd demo) being released?

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm asking WHAT is not done.
I'm pretty sure we've said numerous times that we never really know what's left to do while trying to fix bugs (those still being landing detection bugs).

You'll know when we're done with something when we announce it. When we don't announce anything, it means we're not done.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Seems pm hype is higher than ever right now!

And BTW, Bowser's looking sick.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I fail to understand why a build good enough for the largest tournament in the country isn't good enough for the general public. If it isn't ready for release, why was it brought to Genesis? How many times did it freeze at Genesis?

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There are still bugs we want to work out before the patch, and some character balance issues (which large tourneys are the best way of testing).

I think it froze twice during friendlies, but we fixed that issue before the tournament.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's not about freezing, it's about the game not working how they want it to. They won't release until the game meets their standards. Simple as that.

Also, the glitches/bugs.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Honestly, we're not holding it back because we don't want it out. Hell, if we could bring it out, people would stop bugging us ^^.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Playing p:m at genesis 2 was really fun. I learned a lot with zss and day 2 and 3 got even better. Keep up the good work guys. Man JCaesar you play a lot of characters.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the only thing that was irritating me, KOF, was your complete lack of Dair (such a good move)

you could have spiked JC/Badguy plenty of times.....but yeah good gameplay

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The demo that came out in February has bugs too. You don't need to get rid of every bug, just the worst ones. Then again, that'll probably take a while, won't it? You've added a lot since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom