• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't know what build Sneak was using, but Shell has put a lot of work into Pit so far, so he definitely hasn't been brushed aside. He isn't anywhere close to done, but he's received a bunch of attention, especially as of late.
oh really? Does that Mean Pit will be in the Patch after this coming patch?:bee:

I know it's unlikely but I've been waiting to play Pit in a Melee Setting since they posted him as a new comer on the smash dojo...lol say maybe please? don't say no....that would crush my hopes and dreams to pieces :bee:.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Gone for a not even quite a week and there's 60 pages of history to read. I browsed the 10-15 pages following my last post, so forgive me for addressing old topics, lol - (quite old in fact as I'm about to prove).

In regards to the Roy discussion - (always interesting, however speculative in respect to its topicality) - I'm going to revisit some thoughts and maybe formulate a couple new ideas. Obviously, Roy has been discussed before.

In a hope to not have a massively long post here, I'll just link the first page that the last "Roy" discussion I participated in started - it went on for 4 or 5 pages I believe...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11306810#post11306810

First off, I'd like to reference Fireballs post in the middle of the first page (linked page) describing fairly straightforward and often considered changes. A few others made similar suggestions too. However, I myself grasped onto a more farfetched, yet - I'd argue at least - imaginative take on what can be done with Roy's Neutral B specifically.

I'll summarize and clarify basically what mostly I R MarF and I came up with for Flare Blade while seeing if the good ideas I read a few pages back could be implemented as well. So, basically:
- Flare Blade would still have it's long charge.
- The charge would set Roy's sword ablaze producing a damaging/stunning "field" around his sword as well as most of his body similar to Lucario when charging Aura Sphere but perhaps larger, thus protecting him from many attacks that aren't disjointed or projectiles.
- To clarify "stun", the stun would be "fire stun" kinda like Ness's PK Fire.
- Roy would gain invincibility in the last second before his Flare Blade fully charged/automatically deployed.
- The automatically deployed Flare Blade would produce its signature massive explosion.
- Fully deployed Flare Blade would still give Roy damage - a fair trade with it's other buffs.
- Obviously, the brunt of the damage/knockback would come from the area the blade's hitbox covered.
- In Melee, you could enter the cloud of fire immediately after the the full Flare Blade was deployed, but I'd add that Roy would also be protected from punishment to a significant extent by the explosion's "lingering flames". Character's in the midst of the explosion's cloud would be stunned and pushed back and this effect would last until the cloud had fully dissipated - little more than a second - giving Roy time recover from his own end lag.
- If used in midair, the swing of the blade would provide momentum similar to brawl Marth's but without the need to fully charge to get fair horizontal distance. This of course would benefit his recovery.

Now to consider the held charge idea and integrate it...

- When Roy starts his Flare Blade his sword begins to burn... the longer he charges, the "hotter" his sword gets and the longer he can walk around with a fiery sword. To cancel his Flare Blade he must shield or roll - like Mewtwo for instance. Fully Deployed Flare Blade also gives him the "hot sword" ability without the cancel, and it stays the longest. He can use all his moves except Flare Blade again while his sword is "hot". The catch is that a hot blade would prevent Roy from using his Flare Blade as a recovery assist. Fortuntately, instant Flare Blade - no hold - would not give the hot ability and thus tapping B a couple times would provide the recovery assist without making the sword hot. Finally, I'll describe what the hot sword ability gives Roy. Unlike when he's charging, it's not an ever present hitbox that stuns. Instead it slightly extends the range of his sword with a fiery tip that can help him with his spacing. Perhaps it would quick stun an enemy in close - a mechanic often suggested for Roy.

Anyways, sorry for seemingly going off on a tangent and doing something of a little "MYM" or whatever, but there's my dreamed up thoughts on just one aspect of Roy. Like I said before, I can't even be sure this is on topic... here's to hoping it is sometime in the future.

Edit:
Also, a quick note about Link - as there was some discussion a few pages back about him as well, and whether he should have a charged up B. The most common argument against it was that if it charged it would be more powerful. Well, what if its instant version had the hitboxes/KB that everyone likes, but the charged version had nerfed KB - or at least different and less semispike KB - and instead opted to deal heavy damage. It's not the most elegant solution I'll admit, but it shows that you could make Link's up B charge while not making it overpowered in the respect of "KB".

Whew... okay... that's a long enough post :p

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, I'm still here.

I stick to SmashMods more now, so if you have feedback for this project it's more likely to reach me there.

Camelot did do a custom aniamtion for Mario F-smash, and I did a hitbox visualization and correction by hand. I will check it out again tonight, but it felt pretty spot on last time I looked.

Pit has gotten a lot of TLC. I still need to polish up a few things and fine tune balance stuff but he's definitely m-azing right now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
oh really? Does that Mean Pit will be in the Patch after this coming patch?:bee:

I know it's unlikely but I've been waiting to play Pit in a Melee Setting since they posted him as a new comer on the smash dojo...lol say maybe please? don't say no....that would crush my hopes and dreams to pieces :bee:.
I wouldn't count on it. There's a lot more that goes into integrating a character into the game than just creating a moveset and tossing him in.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I had the newest pit, he's just hard to control. And i didnt say the stream because yesterday was basically just a test of what settings i need to put it on for it to run smoothly

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm still here.

I stick to SmashMods more now, so if you have feedback for this project it's more likely to reach me there.

Camelot did do a custom aniamtion for Mario F-smash, and I did a hitbox visualization and correction by hand. I will check it out again tonight, but it felt pretty spot on last time I looked.

Pit has gotten a lot of TLC. I still need to polish up a few things and fine tune balance stuff but he's definitely m-azing right now.
You just made my day.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm still here.

That's what i wanted to hear :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yeah, I'm still here.

I believe some hugging is in order. <3

I wouldn't count on it. There's a lot more that goes into integrating a character into the game than just creating a moveset and tossing him in.
really? I had no idea.......

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, what JCaesar meant is that after you give a character a moveset, it must be extensively test-runned. Then balanced, then test-runned again. And test-running doesn't necessarily involve combat, but also messing around and do things most people wouldn't even think of doing, make weird button combinations, just to find bugs. And even then, an initial movest could be completely scrapped, like Shadiczard.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
...Pardon? :glare:

The only thing I've done with Charizard was make his entrance animation. And that's top tier.
Lol, I quoted others, I am not to blame :). Maybe I misunderstood something.

And just give him a shine. He'll be top tier. :troll:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That was a lazy fix to make the move no longer better than most characters. Nothing to do with me designing the character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lol, what JCaesar meant is that after you give a character a moveset, it must be extensively test-runned. Then balanced, then test-runned again. And test-running doesn't necessarily involve combat, but also messing around and do things most people wouldn't even think of doing, make weird button combinations, just to find bugs. And even then, an initial movest could be completely scrapped, like Shadiczard.
I know I was just...being semi-sarcastic.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Will there be any streams today or tomorrow?

And to point out sarcasm people should use the awesome face or end their post with "/sarcasm" and there, problem solved. :D

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
....you realize you are talking about the speed of electricity through a cable and thinking about lag right?

OH NOES EVERYONE, GET SHORTER AV CABLES TO KEEP THE DISPLAY FROM LAGGING.
But seriously, youre talking about something traveling about 95% of the speed of light. Cable length isn't going to matter.
...That was why I used a decimal and 8 or 9 zeros before the 1. Although it was what pushed me over the edge on the decision. Spend 3 extra bucks on a cooler controller with a longer cord, or save a little money while buying a stupid-looking controller that is a little harder for me to break. I decided to just use the next thought that popped into my head. I could have flipped a coin, but I wouldn't be able to decide what controller would be heads and which would be tails. I'd have to decide what gets what by flipping a coin. You see the impending infinite loop here.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me what determines if I slide or my momentum will stop while doing a JC grab?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Whether you do it right or wrong?

If you JC Grab right you will shoot forward a bit in the standing grab position. If you do it wrong you'll slide in the running grab one.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Whether you do it right or wrong?

If you JC Grab right you will shoot forward a bit in the standing grab position. If you do it wrong you'll slide in the running grab one.
No lol I'm doing it right every time but sometimes I do the JC grab while running and most of my momentum stops and other times when i do the JC grab I slide with it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I think he wants to keep his girlfriend, XD.

Be patient like me! *Has not time to look at streams this weekend :troll:*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom