• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Landing detection is on a whole new level. Its probably the biggest obstacle to fix. If it can't be figured out in the end, they'll compensate by adjusting each attack that is heavily affected by it such as Samus' missile cancels.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I believe it was Falco400 who said they could make landing detection "better" by moving the TopN bone accordingly for each character.

Except that would involve tweaking all the animations for every character so they're trying something else.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that no one has asked about Pit, I wonder what he'll be like with melee physics/tinkering.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that I was hyped for the patch as soon as I heard that Lucas' DJC was getting fixed in it. But with all the amazing discoveries they're making, now I'm super hyped. Like, 10hype. Maybe even 20hype.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The first represents a code we long thought was impossible, but was addressed by a 1 line code in memory. The code is...
LANDING DETECTION MIRITE?!

Stale Moves Stale Damage Output but not Knockback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k#t=0m10s

Despite being letdown (albeit unsurprised nonetheless by it not being fixed still), the double feature blog is really exciting news. It's awesome to hear just how much more the patch is going to fix up and really add to Project M.

Rikana

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OgCDwvLO8

For those who needs a video.

GoldenHeartNeko:

...Because of the fact that damage was staled, which of course would alter the distance traveled when hit. It's not because of staled KB which isnt in Melee. The difference in distance is because of the staled damage. You know the basics. More %'s = More Distance.
11% in damage makes quite a difference.

If anyone is still having trouble comprehending; only damage scales in Melee. The knockback is affected by the attack's damage.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
the BR has said they want to fix ledge occupancy, so do they also want to "fix" (change back to melee) the speed at which you can act out of a ledge jump? cause in P:M you can ledge jump and wavedash onto the stage, no problem.

@ Rikana, I watched that video, and then you posted it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
If anyone is still having trouble comprehending; only damage scales in Melee. The knockback is affected by the attack's damage.
IIRC knockback is not affected by the attacks damage, but by the percent the character is at when launched, i.e. after the damage is done.
Could someone that knows his way around the game please clarify?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The KB dealt by a move in Melee does not stale. The damage % given by the hit, however, does. Both decay in Brawl. IIRC, it has to do with the fact that damage % and KB are tied to each other, not that stale moves reduction dictates it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ledge occupancy we want a hybrid of melee and brawl. We aren't going to alter ledgejump.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Was that stage made public though?

Can you double stick DI if you have the second stick set to something other than smashes?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can't comprehend the fact that its toast's stream and its smooth. I miss your old computer. Go back to it.

No. I'm joking. I really enjoy watching the stream now that it plays it really smoothly. I look forward to your other streams because of this.

Edit: your recorded stream isn't up yet by the way.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We will try and use it in the final version so that replaced stages have their original part. Such as, FoD is on mario bros and we'll use the SRE to get a copy of mario bros. That way there is mario bros and FoD.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
so how exactly does the stale moves counter work? does it only go up for consecutive HITTING moves, or MISSING moves as well?

for the first move to be reset to normal knockback, do you have to MISS with another move or HIT with another move?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
because for some reason, when I quick reply and it's on "show your signature", my signature only appears when I "go advanced".
Your post was exactly as I was thinking, had to sig that haha

But yeah, in B+ Battlefield and SSE Jungle shares the same music slots.

It sounded very strange as the music wasn't appropriated for both stages.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Watching the saved stream gave me a slight idea:

A demo version or a full character roster displaying usage of tech skill and combos? It would let the community know of these discoveries, I guess more people will be aware of the potential Project Melee has.

Plus, they're sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom