• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
In standard toaster livestream he has the 64 dair from the few matches they used ness. I can't say it looked overpowered, but given some time i merely think it could end up being OP. Meh what do I know if they keep it great, more spikes for me i guess. lol

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Ah you guys probably know this already... but I discovered by messing on training cuz i have no one online and willing to play at 3:30 am.

Mario can upb wall jump again and again in the lower part of fd plus u have the time to upb wall jump and do a fair to kill the foe thats recovering and do upb wall jump again and kinda stay there, i dont think its good for camping since ganon could just spike the hell out of you but its fun like jiggs or pit going from side to side underneath.

if i make a replay showing it some one can capture it on a video?... or do you understand me? and how can i give you this replay.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Shadic... i just wanted to ask you... I played lots of b+ jiggz, i know you ppl are tired of telling that the veterans have the same physics ported over from melee.. but i cant help to feel that jiggz jumps are...shorter.. is it just me being friendly with b+ jumps?

Edit: also....how did you fix it? now u can only do 1 upb after a walljump.. or no more walljump after upb or is it laggier so u die..

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Shadic... i just wanted to ask you... I played lots of b+ jiggz, i know you ppl are tired of telling that the veterans have the same physics ported over from melee.. but i cant help to feel that jiggz jumps are...shorter.. is it just me being friendly with b+ jumps
umm....might just be you since B+ didn't have Melee physics

and also her rising pound float wasn't working like it should be but i think that was fixed in the patch

abcool

Smash Ace
My last idea you guys can try i wanted to add it to my idea of the gaining some boost from the second jump using magnet. Give magnet a push effective. Fox's shine pushes ppl away from him, but also gives damage.. Don't allow damage, just allow magnet on start up to push opponents away at a set distance. Basically, lucas is pretty stable, but you guys aren't treating lucas and ness like how u treat fox and falco.

I'll explain, Fox and Falco have similar moves, but different play styles, falco shine forces opponents in the sky, fox pushes them away. What i am saying is instead of making ness feel completely different from lucas allow him to remain the same and still have a slightly different style. Lucas magnet combined with his PK fire/freeze gives him a horizontal boost, Allow ness magnet on second jump to give him a vertical one. Lucas Ending frames on Magnet pushes opponents to the ground. Allow Ness's startup on magnet to push them away, with no damage. Atleast i feel if ness is getting shield pressured, he has a better chance to escape it with that move.

Ohh and last but not less, allow PK thunder push the opponents slightly downward instead of upward. Like how sonic's spring kinda of messes with your recovery, similar to that. It's just ideas i am throwing out there. I would think you guys try most of the ideas you see in the thread with the playtesters and i would like to know if mine comes off as overpowered or not to effective.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Neko, you have mastered the art of sarcasm.....even i can't read you anymore :/

+1 props

Edit: btw i'm less than a mile away from the west coast.....and the tsunami is coming any second

watch me tech that ***t

Ecks

Smash Lord
A P:M shirt would be awesome mang.

Neko that's roll in your avatar right?

lol@kaizo

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
LOL. We should make P:M shirts and sell worldwide. xD

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
We've already fixed that in the patch. Thanks though.
Fixed what? Mario now can wall jump out of UpB only a set number of times? Or the wall jump height decay was altered?

I really liked the fact that with that Mario could edgeguard at any height he wants in some stages. Please don't destroy my dream Q_Q[/overdramaticpost]

btw, Ness' Pk fire could do some hits and then give some vertical set knockback so it could be more useful, and mortal since you could hit anything after it depending on the knockback.

And of course, have less ending lag on the air, doesn't even need to cancel on landing, but just less lag.

shanus

Smash Hero
-Mario's Up B wall jump infinite stall was removed. You can now only perform 1 non-wall touching Up B wall jump, and then the rest after that are performed as they were in Melee where your Up B must be touching the wall from the beginning of the move in order to wall jump.
that should cover it

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I figured a change would happen. As it was, it seemed easy to stall on stages like Yoshi's Story and SSE Jungle.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Was it infinite after all?

The wall-jump gets smaller after a time, right? Well, grabbing the ledge resets it iirc.

Wouldn't removing ledgegrab wall jump reset solve the problem? Or Mario still would be able to stall too much?

The change done is good tho, not complaining.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
So you basically made Ness' PK Flash into Lucas' vbrawl PK Freeze but faster? What was wrong with Lucas' vbrawl moveset then? The move isn't good enough for Lucas but it's good enough for Ness?

shanus

Smash Hero
Was it infinite after all?

The wall-jump gets smaller after a time, right? Well, grabbing the ledge resets it iirc.

Wouldn't removing ledgegrab wall jump reset solve the problem? Or Mario still would be able to stall too much?

The change done is good tho, not complaining.
It was infinite, as far as I know the walljump to upB resets the walljump counter, which prevents decay.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just a random thought I had.

Final Destination has had 3 iterations.

Coincidentally, Shadow Moses Island and Spear Pillar have 3 slots.

Perhaps put FD over these stages, and allow a trigger for selecting FD64 and FD Brawl? FD Brawl has Melee BF calibre gimptastic ledges, and FD 64 doesn't, FDMelee being the default.

Just a random thought I had.

Revven

FrankerZ
So you basically made Ness' PK Flash into Lucas' vbrawl PK Freeze but faster? What was wrong with Lucas' vbrawl moveset then? The move isn't good enough for Lucas but it's good enough for Ness?
The move doesn't work at all for Lucas, the way freezing works is bad and doesn't really give Lucas any reason to use the move. Freeze states can be gotten out of really quickly, not really allowing for any follow-ups from the move itself. Ness' PK Flash on the other hand is a move that CAN work if given the proper attributes which just so happened to be with Lucas' PK Freeze, so we gave him those + added on KO power to PK Flash (making it you know... actually worth using). PK Freeze can't be made useful due to the inherent problems with how being frozen works and it leaves you very, very open for what little reward there is. PK Flash is still PK Flash, it wasn't turned into PK Freeze.

The moves are completely different. I'm sorry you're disappointed with Offense Up but we're not removing it because a lot of people like it and it really works better for Lucas.

Ecks

Smash Lord
You can stall for days with mario's up-b lol

Does anyone here know the name of that code that allows you to play with no opponents (play alone in vs mode)?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
OK, time out for a second from all tech-related talk. And I'm being serious.

Are there any Japanese play-testers/backroom members/coders here? And are you OK?

An Alien

Smash Rookie
Out of curiousity, where do you put that code in order to use it?

I always see the codes and wonder where you put them in order to use it. The start with one player thing looks kinda fun for tech skill videos, except without trying to time the button presses in the melee character select screen.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Just saying that the team doesn't really support editing the demo .GCT, so if it messes up, you're probably on your own.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
The way I see it, having every move be good will result in broken characters since not all characters are as good as metaknight by design. And there always will be a move that is simply a better option than the other like marth's utilt being better than his usmash.
There's a difference between having a better option and having a useless option. How will making every move useful make a character broken? Having options is never a bad thing, and if no one has crappy moves then how does is make one character broken?

OK, time out for a second from all tech-related talk. And I'm being serious.

Are there any Japanese play-testers/backroom members/coders here? And are you OK?
I know that Bero is from Japan (yes I know he isn't in the PMBR but it's still relevant), I don't know about anyone else. Last I checked he was in the hospital.

Ecks

Smash Lord
There's a difference between having a better option and having a useless option. How will making every move useful make a character broken? Having options is never a bad thing, and if no one has crappy moves then how does is make one character broken?.
Yeah you're right, I was wrong. I do want every move to have it's use btw *cough*gannonsutilt*cough* but what I think the pm devs want is to not change a character's playstyle (and I'm talking how sakurai changed falco & fox), specially since they're balancing around melee top tiers and if a character ends up better than them (by alot), they'll have to buff the melee tops and it would all go downhill from there IMO.

Basically they should choose carefully what aspect of a move they change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom