• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
"Service temporarily unavailable" dances over my screen when I hit the download link.

Sad times. Sad, sad times.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Looks like your servers exploded half way through my dl haha

Way to make the downloader look sexy as **** btw.

+1 Rep.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
losing hype very very fast. Servers got down before even halfway through the download.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm not even on my Windows partition at the moment so I'm totally cool with downloading this later. It's awesome to see that it finally got a release though now.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
People posted mirrors for the installer in the chat.

Just keep trying to install, it'll work eventually. Mine's half done downloading.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
put up the chat again plz. It won't let me back in from smashmods.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Cool so after bragging about how good their servers were all day

we broke their servers in like 15 seconds

I'd say this launch party was a success

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Here's what's going on guys:

Within 15 seconds, the server crashed. Neko kept saying he had it under control, and now I can't even reach him via phone while he's at work lol.

Dantarion is putting up a mirror of the zip's at the moment. Wait while we get those up. I'll make another post when it's ready and unlock this thread hopefully for the last time tonight.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Smash Mods server is back up. Working on an installer with 4 servers.

In the meantime, any bug reports, comments, suggestions, etc. Go for it

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
If anyone has any problems with the exe, send me a PM. I might have found a workaround in windows.

Edit: Just a small question, when is the zip going to be up? This exe seems buggy as all can be.

OwenMar

Smash Cadet
Mine crashed mid installation but it seems I managed to grab the needed files to play the game. I suppose I should try downloading again.

Great work, by the way, and thanks for the effort. Here's hoping you guys iron out the remaining issues.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
If anyone has any problems with the exe, send me a PM. I might have found a workaround in windows.

Edit: Just a small question, when is the zip going to be up? This exe seems buggy as all can be.
Seeing as how the zip packages aren't available for download yet, I tried the exe. It flashes a cmd box saying "Cannot be run in Dos" or something.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
First impressions were amazing.

Q: Why does wavedashing out of shield not work?
A: It works, it's just that it has to be done a really specific way because vBrawl reads shield input as the same across all three buttons that use it (Z, L, and R) they are not counted as different buttons in the game. Making wavedash out of shield not only different and difficult to do but also making it difficult to fix.
I could WD OOS (as spacies/marth) by: R to shield, holding down/right and pressing X -> R. Seemed almost like melee.

Q: Why can't I ledgetech? I saw a video made by Dantarion a long time ago that showed this was fixed, why aren't you using that code?
A: While it's true that he made a code that was assumed to be ledgeteching it actually wasn't. It didn't change whether you could SDI the move or not at all and tech into the ledge, Dantarion was just using a move that already pulled you towards the stage and essentially allowed you to tech it. It never actually did anything, unfortunately.
I'm not sure what was referred to as a "ledge tech" in the FAQ... I was rubbing the right side of FD with snake's upB, CPU marth fsmashed me and i wall jump teched it; not sure if that's what you guys are referring to.

Q: How come Falco's short hop fastfall las-
A: Landing detection
I thought the SHL’ing with falco was similar enough to melee. Really impressive. The land detection only makes waveshining onto platforms a bit different; makes shine landing easy.
Waveshine inputs are much easier; really impressed with the fluidity of spacies.

Elsewise:

I like how the buffer roll/side step commands are holding both cstick and control stick leftright/down, respectively

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i have vista 64 and it worked fine.....Bionic put up a new installer anyways. try again

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
For anyone having X64 problems, I uploaded a new installer, so redownload and try that.

The new installer should have "Online Installer v1.4" at the top.

Otherwise I'll try and get it sorted out if people are still having problems.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Also, would someone mind unbanning me from the chat? Or give me a good explanation as to why I was banned. All I got was a message from "StrongBad" saying "Bye"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom