• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's one heck of a stubborn complaint to make. But hey, at least its grasping at straws. What's to stop him from playing with pokeballs and bo-ombs on very high if he so desires?

I think it's reflection of how good the OP is as an introduction to PM. It's pretty encouraging how much good it did there.
There are so many things wrong with that statement...

What about the fact that the pictures are only meant to show off the stages and they're not ingame match pics?

What if that match actually was ALL ITEMS ON VERY HIGH but they were all used up and they were in the middle of respawning?

God, I hate people >_< This is why I usually try to avoid public forums like that if possible. I just know that I'll get mad if I try to read them.

Oh well, at least most of the early comments are mostly good. Usually in big threads, the earliest posts dictate the direction that the thread takes. But it's only been a couple hours; I can see it going way downhill once more people wake up and see it. Nothing we can do but hope.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Could you guys include a list of which stages the new stages replace so people with music hacks will know where to put their tunes?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And I thought of another point too. The reason PM has been in development for so long is because they want it to both look and feel like a real game (as opposed to a half-***** fan mod). And if this were a real game, like SSB4, then all those guys would buy it for sure, probably without questioning it. They're discriminating against it based solely on the fact that it's a mod, and ignoring the fact that mods can match or surpass the production quality of real games.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
And I thought of another point too. The reason PM has been in development for so long is because they want it to both look and feel like a real game (as opposed to a half-***** fan mod). And if this were a real game, like SSB4, then all those guys would buy it for sure, probably without questioning it. They're discriminating against it based solely on the fact that it's a mod, and ignoring the fact that mods can match or surpass the production quality of real games.
Granted, I don't think the OP said how long its been in development.

There's not really much backlash at all currently though, and what's there is minimal. I'm happy.

iLink

Smash Champion
Lol that guy with the items comment was just grasping for straws to say something.

I'm honestly amazed that there aren't a bunch of negative comments yet. I guess thats because the OP really gave very little room to be negative outside of the "dumb tourneyf**s" mentality. Which is kinda sad that we have to spell everything out for them but hey if it works.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Could you guys include a list of which stages the new stages replace so people with music hacks will know where to put their tunes?
When the demo releases? Sure. It'll be pretty easy for you to just go to My Music to see though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
the funny thing is I did take those shots with items on very high :laugh:

some people are just nuts
Yes. This is why I play Warioware at 7x the speed.
Favorite stage to just go crazy on.
Would be much better if I could turn off the rewards.

I'm honestly amazed that there aren't a bunch of negative comments yet. I guess thats because the OP really gave very little room to be negative outside of the "dumb tourneyf**s" mentality. Which is kinda sad that we have to spell everything out for them but hey if it works.
The irony is that that mentality is a case of the"He Who Fights Monsters" trope.
Basically, they are just as bad and close minded as the people they think we are.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically, they are just as bad and close minded as the people they think we are.
Unfortunately, it goes both ways.

all of you are belittling each other just because you hold different opinions.
it's like you're in a political race or something.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Unfortunately, it goes both ways.

all of you are belittling each other just because you hold different opinions.
it's like you're in a political race or something.
The thing is:

That's not 100% correct. Most of us here have no problem with differing opinions.

Almost all of those types of replies come from people who do and express it inappropriately by flaming.

What everyone seems to be forgetting that the close-minded people who did play competitive Melee exclusively DON'T PLAY SMASH ANYMORE. They stopped like, 3 years ago.

I'm going to sleep now.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i thought the M stood for Martin Lawrence, since he grew up in the projects

leelue

Smash Lord
god, the things people say or believe on gonintendo and neoGAF...

this is why I'm a hermit.
thanks smashboards. especially the P:m team. Thanks for reminding me that at least you guys are a subset of people on the internet who can formulate and express an opinion. Even if the people here are occasionally... wait, no. Actually, this place is alright.
/sincerity
Usually

Sails

Smash Ace
Shipped a heavily overhauled post for AiB to Ryker via PM. I put a lot of effort in to it, even going so far as to make a giant foreword (that is pushed off in to a separate blog that is linked in the post). I'm sure you'll all like it. Don't want to post it here right now though, would rather wait until it launches.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
lol...
Some of the responses on NeoGAF are... well... not "stupid." Maybe ignorant.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Is this going to be one of those midnight release things? or can i actually sleep to get Monday to come faster?

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
If it hasn't already been considered, someone should put together a package of the newest Melee vertex hacks for Fox/Falco/Ganon, Riivolution, a Project M modlauncher.xml supporting them and a readme for how to install.

It'd make things a lot easier for the broader public to use them, and go deeper into Riivolution if they so wish.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I STILL don't get riivolution 100%. Isn't it some program that allows you to control which codes you use?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I STILL don't get riivolution 100%. Isn't it some program that allows you to control which codes you use?
You can use/create modules that let you, for example, run Brawl-, Brawl+ and P:M in the same SD, just selecting the mod when you open Riivolution.

With custom modules, you can do something like this to anything.

That's what I currently use! :)

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
You need to have a lot of space on your card, I guess...?

I'm using a cheap SD card because I can't find any right now.. about 512... MB :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom