• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to ask, is anyone going to be recording the livestream for later viewing? I won't be able to catch it cause I'll probably be at work.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
yoshi has multiple stages... using the one character per stage argument isn't really too good of an idea
I am not trying to make that argument, the way I see it it would be good to at least have one character (Item/Background character/Assist trophy minmum) represenitive for a stage(s) from respective universes.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
P:M isn't cannon it doesn't matter.
What does canon have to do with anything? He was just talking about representing a series. Personally though, I greatly prefer something from Castlevania over Hanenbow, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in Brawl. Would it make sense if Link all of a sudden pulled out a gun and started quoting Pulp Fiction? It doesn't have to completely adhere to the series (i.e., Ganondorf) but it at least should make sense.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Xirinku approves of this post. Haven't seen smyn before.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
whoah the forums transform when I reach this page, anyway, anyone care to recap what they talked about in the livestream?

User33

Smash Journeyman
Any chance we'll see updated textures on the 64/Melee stages? Some of the versions on Brawl Vault for example make them look a tad less dated.

LLDL

Smash Hero
They don't seem dated at all to me, except maybe for n64 pokemon and kongo.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In case you weren't in the livestream chat, there are now public videos of ROB:M: http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007

He gets 3 thrusts to use either vertically (via up-B) or horizontally (via side-B). They only reset when standing on the ground, just like his up-B fuel in Brawl (meaning that, despite its great range, if you can intercept his recovery, he can be gimped). He's had a lot of other minor changes as well, including a gimpier fair, a faster nair, a shorter range jab, and of course, limp **** gyro. I think he's really solid right now, but of course nothing is set in stone.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
sorry this is pretty unrelated but i have a question about pokeballs
In melee, there is no limit to the number of pokeballs that can appear, which leads to some pretty epic matches while in brawl there is a 3 pokeball limit. Is there anyway to remove the limit so that pokeball madness can return or is that impossible?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Probably not. If anything, they can reduce the number, not increase, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I think this was the same case with Link's bombs on screen, Snake's nade, characters that can pull out items; etc.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
sorry this is pretty unrelated but i have a question about pokeballs
In melee, there is no limit to the number of pokeballs that can appear, which leads to some pretty epic matches while in brawl there is a 3 pokeball limit. Is there anyway to remove the limit so that pokeball madness can return or is that impossible?
There should be a code for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cA93joKZ0

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks again to the Project M guys for being on Show Me Your News. You were all very informative and we loved having your insight. Also, thanks to everyone who showed up on the Livestream. Hopefully you were all entertained!

The download for the episode, in case you missed it, is here: http://www.showmeyournews.com/podcast/?p=359

I'd love to hear feedback and in case you want to check out more of what Show Me Your News has to offer (forums, IRC, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and of course more Livestreaming), please check out our website: http://www.showmeyournews.com/

And for the people who stopped in before the show...thanks for putting up with my guitar ridiculousness.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They disappear when they collide with shields. We intend to fix this if we can, however.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Question: how is toon links combo game I Imagen with increased hit stun and how some of his hit boxes work he would have pseudo wall of pains and ken combos but I do not know for sure so I am asking here.

Revven

FrankerZ
Question: how is toon links combo game I Imagen with increased hit stun
This is a misconception a lot of people have with this game so I'm going to make it clear:

Both vBrawl and Melee have the same amount of hitstun. What makes vBrawl's hitstun different is the fact that you can cancel it with aerials and an air dodge, the action that takes place after hitstun (tumble) can also be canceled completely by air dodging. The amount of hitstun is the same between both games with the exception of vBrawl having those things as well as a knockback boost for moves that send vertically (for example Fox's Usmash).

how some of his hit boxes work he would have pseudo wall of pains and ken combos but I do not know for sure so I am asking here.
We cannot really say how he plays because nobody really uses him that much. He is a combination of Young Link and Toon Link atm (whether that will change is unknown). You'll just have to watch out for any videos of him really in order to know what he is like currently.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Thanks again to the Project M guys for being on Show Me Your News. You were all very informative and we loved having your insight. Also, thanks to everyone who showed up on the Livestream. Hopefully you were all entertained!

The download for the episode, in case you missed it, is here: http://www.showmeyournews.com/podcast/?p=359

I'd love to hear feedback and in case you want to check out more of what Show Me Your News has to offer (forums, IRC, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and of course more Livestreaming), please check out our website: http://www.showmeyournews.com/

And for the people who stopped in before the show...thanks for putting up with my guitar ridiculousness.
ahahaha

lol shanus, no i am not in the back room

thanks for answering my question tho

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
I watched some recent Ness videos today. Does PK Flash have the same trajectory as the old PK Freeze? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom